SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlestackle.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 10-13-2014, 08:33 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,486
Default Weeks bay area

New to area so tried a shot at weeks bay Thursday 10/9.
Went out of bayou patout/weeks bayou launch, and S. wind kept us close to mouth of bayou at the bay (small boat).
Dirty water and no fish for us rookies as we fished leeward side of the small islands at the mouth of weeks bayou just before the bay with everything we had, no live bait though.

Any advice on tidal patterns and what the fish are doing during them in this area?
The wind was not really that bad, but with an aluminum bass boat, there is not much it can handle.

Any advice appreciated and ill continue to post what I find, no matter how embarrassing.
Old 10-13-2014, 08:47 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,216

What were you fishing for?
Old 10-13-2014, 08:58 AM
Tripletail

Looking for reds. I'd heard to work that N bank of the bay, in the grass, but the S. wind wouldn't allow it that day
Old 10-13-2014, 09:08 AM
Swordfish

Definitely makes it hard. My go to in that scenario would have been sharks bayou with some Gulp, spinner baits/spoons and market shrimp carolina rigged and/or under a cork.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:09 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,074

Go out of icy next time. There is a lot more marsh to fish and you can get a lot of places in a small boat.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:32 AM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marque View Post
Go out of icy next time. There is a lot more marsh to fish and you can get a lot of places in a small boat.

Yep, I've had zero good red trips in weeks bay
Old 10-13-2014, 10:06 AM
Tripletail

What's ICY stand for?
Any pointers on where accessible fish able marsh is?
Old 10-13-2014, 10:15 AM
Tripletail

Intracoastal City. There is a public launch behind Maxie Pierce's store. Put out there and head West in the Intracoastal canal, then take the first left and head south in the old Vermilion River. Stay in that thing until you pass the two camps. That will take you into the little bay. Fish the little bay on a high tide. Get a chart of the area. Little Bay, Little White Lake, Buck Point, the whole Bank of Mud Point usually holds some redfish. Lake Fearman across the little bay is full of red fish. Just beat the bank you will find them sooner or later.
Old 10-13-2014, 10:16 AM
Tripletail

And be careful, it is extremely shallow in some places.
Old 10-13-2014, 11:05 AM
Redfish

Cash: 581

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marque View Post
Intracoastal City. There is a public launch behind Maxie Pierce's store. Put out there and head West in the Intracoastal canal, then take the first left and head south in the old Vermilion River. Stay in that thing until you pass the two camps. That will take you into the little bay. Fish the little bay on a high tide. Get a chart of the area. Little Bay, Little White Lake, Buck Point, the whole Bank of Mud Point usually holds some redfish. Lake Fearman across the little bay is full of red fish. Just beat the bank you will find them sooner or later.
This map will show you all of the spots they're discussing. I've got a bay boat, so I never make it into Fearman Lake. If anybody can tell me a good way in and out to avoid getting stuck, I'll try it. I hear the fishing is good.

http://www.oceangrafix.com/chart/zoom?chart=11349
Old 10-13-2014, 12:08 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by legallimits View Post
This map will show you all of the spots they're discussing. I've got a bay boat, so I never make it into Fearman Lake. If anybody can tell me a good way in and out to avoid getting stuck, I'll try it. I hear the fishing is good.

http://www.oceangrafix.com/chart/zoom?chart=11349
You can go in Fearman in a bay boat most of the time. Look at that chart, directly across from Mud Point there is a washout that goes into the lake. It is very deep in that cut. The water pours in and out of there. You can go in there, once you get out in the lake there are some sticks that mark the channel. You can get across the lake if you follow the sticks. They come out at the Game Warden Camp on the West side of Red Fish Point.
Old 10-13-2014, 12:33 PM
Flounder

Cash: 564

Like Marque said you can run through Fearman most of the time but there are certain times of the year when you can run it and when you can't run it. In the summer months on a high tide you won't have any problems. In the winter months, in a bay boat on a low tide you'll be kicking up mud and you'll be lucky to cross it even if you follow the pipes/sticks...and if there's a North wind blowing you'll be in a 9line bind and waiting for high tide to get out.
Old 10-13-2014, 12:38 PM
Tripletail

Great info, thanks very much.
I will post findings when i can get back out there.
Old 10-13-2014, 12:40 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat-Red View Post
Like Marque said you can run through Fearman most of the time but there are certain times of the year when you can run it and when you can't run it. In the summer months on a high tide you won't have any problems. In the winter months, in a bay boat on a low tide you'll be kicking up mud and you'll be lucky to cross it even if you follow the pipes/sticks...and if there's a North wind blowing you'll be in a 9line bind and waiting for high tide to get out.
This is the TRUTH. The same can be said for most of the protected water in the Little Bay area from the Intracoastal South. A good indicator is the water at the launch. If you are seeing a lot of barnacles on the bulkheads the water is to low to mess around back there. Its obvious. There's bank showing in the 4 mile, the water is OUT.
Old 10-13-2014, 03:24 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,216

We got into the ladyfish in Weeks about this time last year but they ain't made it back yet, seems everything is a month behind this year. Also, you may want to bring some shiners with you. Last year we seen two big ole sacaulait next to some crab buoys. They were laying sideways and we thought they were dead so tried to net them but they swam away lol! I wouldn't believe it unless I seen it, I thought they was freshwater only
Old 10-13-2014, 03:34 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 3,226

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPointIsDaBomb View Post
We got into the ladyfish in Weeks about this time last year but they ain't made it back yet, seems everything is a month behind this year. Also, you may want to bring some shiners with you. Last year we seen two big ole sacaulait next to some crab buoys. They were laying sideways and we thought they were dead so tried to net them but they swam away lol! I wouldn't believe it unless I seen it, I thought they was freshwater only
Now that's frekin' funny!!!!! You're welcome to fish w/ me anytime! However, I don't keep ladyfish.
Old 10-13-2014, 04:11 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,393

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPointIsDaBomb View Post

Starting to think this is Scott (Wishiniwasfishing) now. Lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk mmm
Old 10-13-2014, 04:35 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,939

nope, not me!
Old 10-13-2014, 05:15 PM
Ling

Cash: 5,600

I wish it was me.
Gold Bruh..... Gold !!
Old 10-13-2014, 05:52 PM