SaltyCajun.com http://redtunashirtclub.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 04-09-2015, 09:12 AM
Redfish

Cash: 4,575
Default 4/8/15 A bunch of first...

Today was a bunch of first for my crew. Rob Landry with his 10yr old boy Blake and his 14yr old twins Charlie and Will joined me on the Bluewave. The boys hadn't ever caught a speck or a red nor had ever casted a spinning reel. All that changed today. I tried to give them a little bit of everything to experience and luckily everything worked out. We spent the first couple of hours searching for trout. We found a lot of dirty water with the incoming tide but in some dingy water we got on a decent bite tight lining a green hornet matrix Shad on a 1/4oz golden eye. The green hornet works awesome in dingy water. We repeated the drift twice which was the ticket. The next step was keeper reds, surprising I was checking a point and when I pulled up the water was a light chocolate milk, we made a few cast since we were there and we instantly started catching rat reds. We probably caught 15 or so with 4 of them reaching the 16in mark. I wanted to get the boys on some bigger reds so we turned to soaking some shrimp on some weirs. Only a freshwater cat was caught. I always get a little anxious with kids on board because I never want them to go thru long stretches of not catching so I hit a 2-3ft deep reef that seems to always produce at least a few fish with a shrimp creole under a cork. We picked up another 5-7 trout with some throwbacks so the boys attention was back on fishing. I saved the best for last. I headed to the pass with some cracked crab on 2 oz Carolina rigs. It took about 5 minutes for the first big red to start pulling drag. The boys caught about 10 before we had to take it to the dock. Always a sweet site watching the boys see reds 33-40inches come to the top of the water. All the big reds were released so go get you some.

Capt. Travis Miller
985-981-6434
www.miller-timefishingcharters.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (52.3 KB, 283 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (37.7 KB, 284 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (42.4 KB, 283 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (54.9 KB, 281 views)
Old 04-09-2015, 12:47 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,534

Smiles in every pic. Thats what its all about.
Old 04-09-2015, 01:07 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,271

nice!! Its a good feeling when you help someone knock out some "firsts"
Old 04-09-2015, 01:30 PM
Flounder

Cash: 785

Capt. Are you still in lLake Merchant, Thx in advanced.
Old 04-12-2015, 01:10 PM
Redfish

Cash: 4,575
Default Re: Coon

I've been fishing a lot in Lake Mechant. I'm starting to venture further south with weather permitting. We have been battling some dirty water due to the high winds so I've been letting the winds dictate exactly where I'm fishing.