SaltyCajun.com lake Area Marine

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 06-25-2015, 11:56 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,486
Default 6/25 Dulac reds

A study in knowing when to quit chasing a ghost this am. Couldn't answer the call for trout early this morning. And didn't feel like a long ride anyway. So plan B was sight-casting redfish close to the camp.

Pulled into a pond I hadn't fished in a while on step and immediately saw a nice tail. Shut it down and started fishing. Plenty of cruisers in the grassy, dirty water, but most out of range and wouldn't stay up as I got closer. Caught a 15 3/4 inch fish and kept pushing further back in search of cleaner water. It did get cleaner, but the fish got even spookier. Finally started fishing back towards the starting point, spooked one and made a cast right on his nose. The 20 inch fish ate it up, mainly out of a fight or flight instinct. But I thought it was a fluke and blasted out of there in search better fish.

Pulled into a bigger, deeper pond and immediately spooked off a few nice ones and decided to start a drift earlier than planned. That didn't work out, but the targeted water was a gem. A pair of pretty reds showed themselves subtly on a shoreline at long distance, came into range and the first one made a lightning strike on the Deadly Dudley Bay Chovey before I could turn the handle on an average cast. Got him in and almost immediately spotted a surface cruiser in open water angling slightly away from me. I waited as long as my nerves would allow, put a cast well past the fish, brought it back in front perfectly and it hammered the bait. Now we're cooking !

Five minutes later another 24 inch single sashays its way around a small point and gobbled up the bait as soon as it hit the water. As it was going in the box, a dark cloud came over the area, four fish were in the box and it seemed like a good time to pack it in.

An outstanding quick morning of long range sight fishing.

Sent from my iPadImageUploadedByTapatalk1435251391.222903.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-25-2015, 01:14 PM
Flounder

Cash: 553

Nice

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Old 06-25-2015, 03:16 PM
Redfish

Cash: 581

Not a bad morning.