SaltyCajun.com http://www.budnmarys.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 10-22-2013, 04:45 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,393

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-TOP View Post
What's white lake cost for the weekend?? 6 blinds sat and sun, for 30000 or 40000. You paying the state when pay that money, guides work for wildlife and fisheries.
I don't think they do the group hunts anymore. It used to be $30k for up to 12 people all expenses paid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 10-22-2013, 05:03 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,393

Quote:
Originally Posted by all star rod View Post
An avg rice field blind will go at 5k minimum. If you are able to have one for less than that price and kill 200-300 ducks not counting teal season consider yourself very lucky. Most are 6-8K and that is the range we pay and we kill about 350-400 just for big duck season. Also, not all blinds are the same (good) even on the same farm. 1-2 blinds will always be better for the most part than the others on the same farm.
$6k is not unreasonable or hard to find but if anybody is offering for less than $5k it probably ain't worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 10-22-2013, 09:04 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,152

How much does this land sell for an acre?? Seems you would be better off buying land to duck hunt as opposed to paying that amount for a lease.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:08 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,061

Nobody's selling
Old 10-22-2013, 09:27 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 9,671

Quote:
What's white lake cost for the weekend?? 6 blinds sat and sun, for 30000 or 40000. You paying the state when pay that money, guides work for wildlife and fisheries.
They better bring a greyhound bus full of strippers and a bud light truck for that price
Old 10-22-2013, 09:33 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,216

Quote:
Originally Posted by youmyboyblue View Post
How much does this land sell for an acre?? Seems you would be better off buying land to duck hunt as opposed to paying that amount for a lease.
Even if it sold for 1k an acre, you'd be deep in to get enough land to hunt. Then you'd have to basically become a farmer to have what it takes to get birds (plant rice, rotate, irrigate, sale crop, pay to have it all done, and so on). And, at the end of the day, you may have no birds and a huge investment/business interest to manage.

May as well lease unless you plan to become a farmer.

Marsh would be easier, but still has it's management costs associated and risks of no birds. I kick myself for not buying 20+ acres of marsh by Klondike a few years back - I was one of the first to hear about it by chance by striking a random conversation with the owner. I scouted it and saw ducks frequenting it too, hunted a lease not far from the land... Just wasn't in a position to buy it, could have, but didn't due to tunnel vision. Hindsight

Sent
Old 10-22-2013, 09:34 PM
Super Moderator

Cash: 18,471

Quote:
I heard it was 38,000 for 18 ppl
Old 10-22-2013, 09:40 PM
Great White

Cash: 17,285

Quote:
Originally Posted by youmyboyblue View Post

Duck hunting is not deer hunting (petting zoo) where animals can be tied to trees / fenced in until they are shot or brought in and feed all day...
Most peeps farm their land or have a farmer plus you need access to water...canal to pump from.....there is more involved than you think.

Last edited by all star rod; 10-22-2013 at 09:51 PM.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:42 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,917

Yall got it right with marsh blinds being a lot of work... I've hunted pit blinds in a field before and its pretty convenient but I enjoy getting out in the marsh and scouting for a good area, building a blind etc...just doesn't compare to hunting a blind that u don't even need boots to get to.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:48 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinpox View Post
I looked at that grosse savann place .. 41k for 16 guys!!! Not going that route
You looking for a weekend hunt for a group of people?
Old 10-22-2013, 09:51 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
Even if it sold for 1k an acre, you'd be deep in to get enough land to hunt. Then you'd have to basically become a farmer to have what it takes to get birds (plant rice, rotate, irrigate, sale crop, pay to have it all done, and so on). And, at the end of the day, you may have no birds and a huge investment/business interest to manage.

Marsh would be easier, but still has it's management costs associated and risks of no birds. I kick myself for not buying 20+ acres of marsh by Klondike a few years back - I was one of the first to hear about it by chance by striking a random conversation with the owner. I scouted it and saw ducks frequenting it too, hunted a lease not far from the land... Just wasn't in a position to buy it, could have, but didn't due to tunnel vision. Hindsight

Sent
If you own land you can always lease the farming rights to a farmer.
Old 10-22-2013, 10:07 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,152

Quote:
Originally Posted by all star rod View Post

Duck hunting is not deer hunting (petting zoo) where animals can be tied to trees / fenced in until they are shot or brought in and feed all day...
Most peeps farm their land or have a farmer plus you need access to water...canal to pump from.....there is more involved than you think.

Maybe more to it than I know , but this is what info I know in regards to duck hunting. I don't do the first thing for ducks on my land and they are in every slew, and flooded timber section I have . It's not farm land and the Mississippi river feeds it which I am sure is the difference.point being; there are places you can buy where all this stuff isn't needed.
Old 10-22-2013, 10:24 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post

Sent

For a 1,000 acre farm you better have a few Million
Old 10-23-2013, 12:07 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,061

2-5000 per acre on land that isn't hot hunting ground is what i'd guess
Old 10-23-2013, 08:32 AM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,530

everyone just give up...its not worth it....
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 10-23-2013, 09:29 AM
Flounder

Cash: 725

I hope to one day own some land that I can manage for ducks and other wildlife. Right now I'm in a fairly small marsh lease. And everyone is right, it takes work. It's Miami corp land so it's not extremely expensive but we always figure extra costs for poisoning and what not. I wish we were able to control water levels on it! Of course to me, that's part of the fun, being out working on stuff. I've had ag field leases and yes they are easy but none were nearly as consistent as what I have now. But I do have friends with rice fields that are out of control good most every day of every season. Good luck finding something like that though!
Old 10-31-2013, 11:20 AM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,175

I was asked to report that the blind has been reduced to $3,500.
Old 10-31-2013, 11:53 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dawg View Post
You looking for a weekend hunt for a group of people?

what u got? pm me the details
Old 10-31-2013, 01:58 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckinchen View Post
I was asked to report that the blind has been reduced to $3,500.
Lemme know when it gets down to $1,500
Old 10-31-2013, 02:26 PM
Swordfish

Pm sent pox