SaltyCajun.com http://k2-coolers.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 11-21-2018, 09:35 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,962
Default Lacassine

Anyone hunted the pipelines south of the intracoastal on lacassine?

Or off Streeters? Any Birds?

Thks

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.
Old 11-22-2018, 10:39 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,357

Been about 7 years since I hunted down there. At that time, if you beat someone to "their spot", you had to be prepared for the worst when you got back to your boat. Tanks filled with water, engines dropped in water off back of boat and so on. Had 2 separate friends that happened to.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 11-23-2018, 06:02 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,001

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshrunner757 View Post
Been about 7 years since I hunted down there. At that time, if you beat someone to "their spot", you had to be prepared for the worst when you got back to your boat. Tanks filled with water, engines dropped in water off back of boat and so on. Had 2 separate friends that happened to.

It's still like dat

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 12-12-2018, 03:21 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,065

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshrunner757 View Post

That happened to a guy that hunts next to us last year. Off of Misere. Put a bunch of water in his gas. He told the game warden...I can't believe someone would ever be so childish.

Don't bother going to the newly opened youth unit in Lacassine. We made the mistake the saturday before close of first season. There were literally hunters at 100 yard intervals, guys skybusting, hollering and cursing. Shooting in the dark. I called the game warden about it. Hopefully it gets fixed, but its mostly teenagers just skybusting and carrying on.

Really really bad hunting ethics out there right now.
Old 12-13-2018, 07:05 PM
Red Snapper

Youth and Senior Unit B Rules are: Youth have to be 17 and Under and MUST BE WITH AN ADULT... Seniors are 55 and over.. NO ONE ELSE IS ALLOWED... I heard thru the G. vine, Federal Game Wardens will Be in that area checkin....
Old 12-14-2018, 10:13 AM
Redfish

Cash: 829
Default Lacassine

Can the adult hunt with the junior hunter?
Old 12-14-2018, 03:01 PM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by swglenn View Post
Can the adult hunt with the junior hunter?

Yes. Trust me when I tell you it is SUPER CROWDED. Group distances are less than 150 yards. It won't be a good hunt and is borderline dangerous. It is an outright sausage fest. Too many hunters. It is probably better to go back to the way it was because people aren't behaving themselves. It is sad.

I'm glad the game wardens will be there. The rewards will be many for him.

Read the regulations for yourself.

https://www.fws.gov/southeast/pdf/re...mplex-hunt.pdf page 5.

All hunt participants must include one youth or senior participant. They don't specify how many per party or anything like that.
Old 12-14-2018, 03:07 PM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggun View Post
Youth and Senior Unit B Rules are: Youth have to be 17 and Under and MUST BE WITH AN ADULT... Seniors are 55 and over.. NO ONE ELSE IS ALLOWED... I heard thru the G. vine, Federal Game Wardens will Be in that area checkin....

I think everyone is obeying that, but the party that was doing the most damage in the unit, which we nicknamed "cocaine cowboys" was comprised of something like 16-19 year olds. Just no real good example in the group. All young.

Last edited by duck enticer; 12-14-2018 at 03:20 PM.
Old 12-17-2018, 06:49 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 678

Yours truly has had water in his tank after a hunt.. 2016-2017 season. Last year was smoother.
Youth friends hunted the new youth/senior area 1st split and were cussed at just for walking by another group heading to another spot. Must be the cocaine cowboys like enticer said

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 12-18-2018, 08:41 AM
Red Snapper

All hunt participants must include one youth or senior participant. They don't specify how many per party or anything like that.[/QUOTE]

I did speak with the Cameron Praire Refuge Manager. He explained the youth are 17 and under. Meaning if they DIDN'T reach their 18 B day. They are legal...

Adults are 21 and over. The only way it will change, is to call the Cameron prairie Manager, who is in charge of the 3 Refuges if you have problems.

Old 12-18-2018, 09:24 AM
Redfish

Cash: 829
Default Lacassine

Nothing against the Cameron Prairie manager, who I have never met or talked to, but if he is like managers in any business when he gets complaints like this the first reaction will be to just shut it all down. Problem taken care of.

Years ago the Lacassine Refuge had 11 full time employees. Today they have one part time employee. With their current budget there is no way they can "manage" a refuge much less police it and take care of it.

I looked forward to a hunt there when my grandsons and son came for their Christmas visit. The only place I could take them hunting without having a $6,000 lease.
Old 12-18-2018, 01:18 PM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGcoreg View Post
Yours truly has had water in his tank after a hunt.. 2016-2017 season.

It was you I was talking about Cory. Glad its smoother man. Hope you and your family are doing well.
Old 12-18-2018, 01:37 PM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by swglenn View Post
Nothing against the Cameron Prairie manager, who I have never met or talked to, but if he is like managers in any business when he gets complaints like this the first reaction will be to just shut it all down. Problem taken care of.

Years ago the Lacassine Refuge had 11 full time employees. Today they have one part time employee. With their current budget there is no way they can "manage" a refuge much less police it and take care of it.

I looked forward to a hunt there when my grandsons and son came for their Christmas visit. The only place I could take them hunting without having a $6,000 lease.

Surely the refuge employees do not ?police? it. I would think they are there for management/maintenance.
Game Wardens should be the enforcers.
That maybe what you meant anyways.

When I spoke with the lady who answers the phone when you call The southwest complex HQ (very very nice) she said the place is like a bowl and does not drain , therefore making it difficult to farm and would now be a huge undertaking for a farmer to re do levees/roads.
Guess it will be a deep Water marsh now . Water control would be nice but I?m going to venture to say vegetation control would be more important in the next few years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-18-2018, 01:38 PM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck enticer View Post
It was you I was talking about Cory. Glad its smoother man. Hope you and your family are doing well.

Thank you and same to you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk