SaltyCajun.com http://www.mkacpas.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 06-27-2016, 11:48 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 623
FlagUS Grand Isle

Going to Grand Isle Thursday- Monday, I'm bringing 2 flats without motors any help on where to try and get on some reds or anything for that matter for the kids would be appreciated, Thanks
Old 06-27-2016, 03:50 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,507

The trout are all along the beach right now. If weather doesn't allow you to access the beach, hit the rocks behind the isle. It is no hard to find fish right now anywhere around the barrier islands.

Good luck
Old 06-27-2016, 05:37 PM
Redfish

Cash: 969

I'm going to jump in on this since I'm headed down in two weeks. I will be without a boat, but plan on hitting the beach, the pier, and any roadside spot that looks tempting. Are the trout on the beach at Grand Isle, or do I have to head out to Elmer's Island. Finally got me a 4x4 rig set up for the beach, and it looks like I won't be able to play with it on Elmers. Oh well. I heard they were catching trout at the pier. I'm good either way. I get three days to fish and polish off a few cold ones.
Old 06-27-2016, 06:40 PM
Flounder

Cash: 600

Just got back from Elmer's island, nothing bitting but cats, I've tried live bait ,artificial one 8 inch trout, most around me caught a few but under size. Beach needs some clean up dead fish everywhere. I Google reports most were from February or from trying from a boat . Wish you luck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Old 06-27-2016, 08:00 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

just throw the flats in by either of the two small bridges before you get to the island itself and there is great protected marsh fishing areas all up in there within paddling distances
Old 06-28-2016, 01:33 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,271

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Fisherman View Post
I'm going to jump in on this since I'm headed down in two weeks. I will be without a boat, but plan on hitting the beach, the pier, and any roadside spot that looks tempting. Are the trout on the beach at Grand Isle, or do I have to head out to Elmer's Island. Finally got me a 4x4 rig set up for the beach, and it looks like I won't be able to play with it on Elmers. Oh well. I heard they were catching trout at the pier. I'm good either way. I get three days to fish and polish off a few cold ones.

my non fishing friends had no problem catching a ton of specs and some reds off the beach this past weekend. They maybe fish 5-10 times a year
Old 06-28-2016, 02:18 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,686

We were in a boat but fished Fourchon beach this weekend. Did pretty good, and on last day we were anchored in first trough catching them in the surf near the beach. I could have jumped out and waded for them...
Old 06-29-2016, 12:00 PM
Tripletail

based on this information I have a good felling about this coming weekend. weather is going to be good, and the lunar pattern is perfect. Will be fishing starting at 0500... the early bird gets the trout.
Old 06-29-2016, 09:56 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,752

was with crawl this past weekend. fish quit biting and bait quit moving at our first spot on beach, cranked the motor, rode down the beach and saw bait moving about 2 miles down, eased in and started catching again. Moral of the story, look for bait and fish busting the surface to find the fish. Think the first trough started about 40 or 50yds off the beach where we were.
Old 07-01-2016, 07:03 AM
Tripletail

Was prepping the truck yesterday for this weekend and found a bad ball joint... guess I will be pulling my truck apart today before getting the boat ready for a long weekend. Let's hope I can find a ball joint.
Old 07-01-2016, 08:50 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,752

Our trip last weekend started with me backing crawls boat into a pipe at the gas station, tearing up the skeg, breaking the transom saver, and the bracket on the trailer, and the trip ended with Crawl dropping his iphone 6 in the water on Sunday morning, then the power pole deploying on the hwy on the way home, but we did end up with a lot of fish!!!!!
Old 07-01-2016, 09:15 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,686

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasper Master View Post
Our trip last weekend started with me backing crawls boat into a pipe at the gas station, tearing up the skeg, breaking the transom saver, and the bracket on the trailer, and the trip ended with Crawl dropping his iphone 6 in the water on Sunday morning, then the power pole deploying on the hwy on the way home, but we did end up with a lot of fish!!!!!
People prob thought I was crazy diving off the boat to swim at 6am. Definitely plan on keeping spare snorkel and mask in the boat from now on. Helps when untangling line from motor as well....
Old 07-01-2016, 10:50 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,461

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasper Master View Post
Lol, non that's a trip. Under any other circumstance events like these would send me through the roof, but it's an "obstacle" I've learned to accept hunting and fishing.

I wanna see pics of the power pole.
Old 07-01-2016, 06:43 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,338

We down now. Caught about 15 keepers between 12 and 14". On kicker at about 16". Lots of dinks. Started a lil late and was cast for cast on small trout with a keeper every 3-4 fish. Things shut off at 8. Picked a few up around 10. Gonna get out there at daybreak tomorrow and fish till 9 then retry in the evening. Heard similar reports from some friends