SaltyCajun.com http://www.boltonford.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 06-12-2010, 09:11 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546
Default #^$#%* thieves!!!!

Here's how life has been lately...

Wife is called shortly after having our second baby and is told that she no longer works for her company! Health ins on her and the kids is now non-existent! Oh well. The plant life has slowed to a crawl and the shop is on it's heels all at the same time.... Nerves are starting to fry! Last week, I picked up two really good wrecks and WHEEWWWW, things may be salvagable.

Now, to the thieves part...

Thank God I decided to leave the house before 7 am this morning to mow around the shop and be done before it turned into S. LA hot! When I pulled up at the front door of the shop, I notice the front door is JACKED UP!I grab my favorite passenger and step in to assess the situation. The alarm that we have is going crazy in "in-house" mode and there's a huge concrete pillar in the middle of the floor. The place is empty of perps...Unfortunately! I called the parish and they send a couple of units in response.

In a nutshell, we got damn lucky because the only things that we could find missing were a few speaker boxes and speakers that, IMO, didn't belong here anyway. I'm gonna guess that the alarm beeping was enough to keep em from robbing us blind! Of all the things that could have happened, that's all that happened. Still, your heart sinks when you pull up to see something like this! All I could think about was the BMW and Gr. Cherokee that belong to customers and nevermind if any of you have ever stepped foot on a Snap-On or Cornwell tool truck...A simple handful of tools can be over a grand in a hurry!

In short, we dodged a bullet, hired a new security company and, will live to work another day. But, as I sit here at the shop typing, my 12 is hanging out with me tonight jam full of 00! My sense of security has been breached and my faith in people is certainly damaged right now. On the bright side, I have a healthy wife and two beautiful children at home so...Is this really all that bad?
Old 06-12-2010, 09:36 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,391

Just shoot straight my friend. Have you ever used a speaker box for bait???????????
Old 06-12-2010, 09:37 PM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
Just shoot straight my friend. Have you ever used a speaker box for bait???????????
I'd like to find out how much of frame rack chain is too much for a thief to swim with!
Old 06-12-2010, 09:39 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern151 View Post
I'd like to find out how much of frame rack chain is too much for a thief to swim with!
*****OOOO. Did you get the email I sent earlier?????? Funny crap there.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:42 PM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
*****OOOO. Did you get the email I sent earlier?????? Funny crap there.
Outwardly WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-12-2010, 09:42 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

Quote:
Let us know. We are not an expert in that field, yet.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:43 PM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
Let us know. We are not an expert in that field, yet.
Can't go that far but, if I found out who did it, I'm gonna do a study on how hard it is for a thief to pick his nose or wipe his... with crushed fingers!
Old 06-12-2010, 10:04 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Yea red I got it!!!!

S151....keep your head up bro....still have a healthy family
Old 06-12-2010, 11:18 PM
Ling

Cash: 4,258

I can tolerate a lot of things,but a thief is not one of them.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:33 AM
Banned

claymores and a sentry gun!

this to shall pass southern, just say a few prayers and stay positive/strong for the family.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:13 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,104

laangler i think you are playing call of duty just a little too much.
Old 06-13-2010, 03:33 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,190

Quote:
Here's how life has been lately...

Wife is called shortly after having our second baby and is told that she no longer works for her company! Health ins on her and the kids is now non-existent! Oh well. The plant life has slowed to a crawl and the shop is on it's heels all at the same time.... Nerves are starting to fry! Last week, I picked up two really good wrecks and WHEEWWWW, things may be salvagable.

Now, to the thieves part...

Thank God I decided to leave the house before 7 am this morning to mow around the shop and be done before it turned into S. LA hot! When I pulled up at the front door of the shop, I notice the front door is JACKED UP!I grab my favorite passenger and step in to assess the situation. The alarm that we have is going crazy in "in-house" mode and there's a huge concrete pillar in the middle of the floor. The place is empty of perps...Unfortunately! I called the parish and they send a couple of units in response.

In a nutshell, we got damn lucky because the only things that we could find missing were a few speaker boxes and speakers that, IMO, didn't belong here anyway. I'm gonna guess that the alarm beeping was enough to keep em from robbing us blind! Of all the things that could have happened, that's all that happened. Still, your heart sinks when you pull up to see something like this! All I could think about was the BMW and Gr. Cherokee that belong to customers and nevermind if any of you have ever stepped foot on a Snap-On or Cornwell tool truck...A simple handful of tools can be over a grand in a hurry!

In short, we dodged a bullet, hired a new security company and, will live to work another day. But, as I sit here at the shop typing, my 12 is hanging out with me tonight jam full of 00! My sense of security has been breached and my faith in people is certainly damaged right now. On the bright side, I have a healthy wife and two beautiful children at home so...Is this really all that bad?

Your wife should be covered by COBRA for a period of time up to 18 months depending upon the size of the Company she worked for. If the Company is very small the state I believe provides a COBRA like plan. The bad news is you will be on the hook for 100% of premiums which will likely be expensive but still gives you coverage. Make sure you tell her to ask to speak with the human resources department about this. There are also some HIPPA laws that help with insurance portability so that you are not hit with pre-existing conditions on the next plan so long as there is no break in coverage and she moves to another employer sponsored plan when she finds another job. Long story short, I think you may have some options, I hope everything works out for you guys.
Old 06-13-2010, 05:05 PM
Westerly neighbor

Cash: 3,531

If your wife was off work on FMLA for the birth of your child, you may have a legal case against the company as well. I'm fairly sure that a company is not allowed to fire someone while they are on approved FMLA leave.
Old 06-13-2010, 08:23 PM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadMan View Post
If your wife was off work on FMLA for the birth of your child, you may have a legal case against the company as well. I'm fairly sure that a company is not allowed to fire someone while they are on approved FMLA leave.
They pretty much laid off the entire office. Out of 10 or so, there are only 3 left now. Not sure if there is anything legal that can be done with a downsizing type situation.

Also, the COBRA is so dang high that I'd be better off getting a whole new policy which isn't real feasable right now. Anyway, we'll survive. Always have, always will.
Old 06-13-2010, 08:28 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,338

Quote:
They pretty much laid off the entire office. Out of 10 or so, there are only 3 left now. Not sure if there is anything legal that can be done with a downsizing type situation.

Also, the COBRA is so dang high that I'd be better off getting a whole new policy which isn't real feasable right now. Anyway, we'll survive. Always have, always will.
oh yea COBRA is rediculous. when I left my job I could keep my insurance for the very low price of $500+ per month. The same plan through the same company could be had at $120 per month at student status.
Old 06-13-2010, 08:36 PM
Blue Marlin

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF_T_Warren View Post
oh yea COBRA is rediculous. when I left my job I could keep my insurance for the very low price of $500+ per month. The same plan through the same company could be had at $120 per month at student status.
Triple that top number and you'd be somewhere in the ball park!

Oh yeah, I still hate thieves!

I didn't really come here to spill my personal life for everybody or want to pull the pitiful me gig. I was more painting a picture of what's been going on leading up to the break-in deal. Thanks for all the input, suggestions and advice but, I feel I needed to clear up with why I have posted what I have.

I really do appreciate the advice!
Old 06-13-2010, 08:42 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,338

Quote:
Triple that top number and you'd be somewhere in the ball park!

Oh yeah, I still hate thieves!

I didn't really come here to spill my personal life for everybody or want to pull the pitiful me gig. I was more painting a picture of what's been going on leading up to the break-in deal. Thanks for all the input, suggestions and advice but, I feel I needed to clear up with why I have posted what I have.

I really do appreciate the advice!
well that was for a single male, not a whole family so i can just imagine. but you may have some kind of case since she was on leave. even if she is let go as soon as she goes back, at least you'd have insurance until then. id check into it
Old 06-14-2010, 09:01 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 643

Keep ya head up buddy.. Everything happens for a reason!!
Old 06-15-2010, 08:59 AM
Redfish

Cash: 832

Hm...try some smaller shot, like #3's or #4's. Inflicts more pain and less lethal damage. Can't let em get off too easy!