SaltyCajun.com http://k2-coolers.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 12-14-2009, 10:29 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 908

Hey Shad, I think fishmaster911 needs to get hooked up also for coming out. His brother was with him also, I don't remember if he's a member or not though. Also, meaux fishing, Is it October YET? and Montauk17 all put in to help pay for us to enter the cook-off but they couldn't make it due to last minute reasons.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:05 PM

Cash: 376

Thanks longsidelandry ! It a good time wish I could have stayed longer! I wanted to stay to see how much that fish cleaning/sink table went for, that thing was bad a"" !! The fryer to ! The guy with me was a buddy of mine he isn't a saltycajuneer. Yall food was really to. Congrats on makin it the last round. Showing my support for ur buddy tipper !
Old 12-14-2009, 01:08 PM
Swordfish

O, I thought you said he was your brother lol.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:18 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,271

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsidelandry View Post
Alright guys I just got word on the final count that was raised yesterday and it blew everybody's minds!!! When everything was said and done we collected $180,000 to put in the trust for Tipper!!! I was floored when my mom called me with the final count and couldn't believe it, that is just awesome!! We had a great time and I even had my deer roast make it to the final round of tasting but didn't win. On another note, the BillyStix rod was an instant hit with Tipper. When he was checking out all of the auction items before it started he told his dad and the lady in charge of the items that he absolutely loved the rod so they came get me to tell him a little bit about it. One of the big money spenders and a good friend heard how much Tipper liked the rod so he secured it with a bid before the auction even started and we let Santa bring it to him while they were doing pictures with the little kids. Tipper was very excited and absolutely loves it!!! He thanked me about 20 times when we were getting him loaded up at the end of the night so he could go home. This event is something that I am so proud to have been a part of and shows how great of a community we have here in Delcambre. We had an awesome turnout in the worst of conditions, it was cold and raining but nothing kept the people away.

WOW! Dude you did an awesome job!! This is the first I hear of this and I just read through everything. I DEFINITELY wasn't expecting that number when I was reading. Great Job!!
Old 12-14-2009, 01:19 PM

Quote:
O, I thought you said he was your brother lol.
Lol, but he is like a brother to me!
Old 12-14-2009, 06:32 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556
Churn WOW!!!

I am humbled that i was able to be a small part of the folks that raised this great ammount of money for tipper.
Folks, Y'all that know me from the other site know that i do alot to raise funds for a few of my favorite charities.
Fishing to hear . org is my favorite .
Also, hooks for hearts. ( louisiana chapter of the american heart assc.)
Also The louisiana Cystic fibrosis foundation.
What is so amazing about the money that was raised for tipper is that
right now do to the economy , Charitable donations are WAY down.
Isn't it great what a little small town in south louisiana can do for one of
their own?
Old 12-14-2009, 06:36 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Glad everything worked out ok... Im sorry I missed it. Its amazing to have raised that much money
Old 12-15-2009, 11:25 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 650
Default My son was suffered a spinal cord injury at Fort Knox, KY in basic training!

Hello,
I ran across this forum by accident and couldn't believe it! My son suffered a spinal cord injury resulting in paralysis at Fort Knox, KY while in basic training for National Guard duty. I would very much like to contact the family and share information. I have no idea how to get in touch with them though. My name is Cathy Sims and my son is Stevie Barker. Please forward my email address to the family and let them know they are welcome to contact me. I am hopeful we can share resources and information. THANKS!

Cathy C. Sims
cathycsims@gmail.com
Old 12-15-2009, 11:31 AM
Swordfish

Hi Cathy, my name is Ross Landry and I am good friends with Tipper and his dad Chris. It was amazing to see how our community pulled together to help out one of our own!

This is the link for Tipper's Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pr...7110019&ref=ts

This is the link for Chris' Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/cesponge?ref=ts

You can contact either one of them that way which would probably be the easiest way.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:36 AM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmaster911 View Post
Thanks longsidelandry ! It a good time wish I could have stayed longer! I wanted to stay to see how much that fish cleaning/sink table went for, that thing was bad a"" !! The fryer to ! The guy with me was a buddy of mine he isn't a saltycajuneer. Yall food was really to. Congrats on makin it the last round. Showing my support for ur buddy tipper !
The fish cleaning table went for $11,500
The fryer went for $6,500
The big money maker though was the Saints helmet autographed by Drew Brees, Pierre Thomas, Jeremy Shockey, Reggie Bush, Mike Bell, Robert Meachem and a host of other players......$13,000
Right behind that was a set of Yankees tickets including airfare went for $12,000
Old 12-15-2009, 01:05 PM

Quote:
The fish cleaning table went for $11,500
The fryer went for $6,500
The big money maker though was the Saints helmet autographed by Drew Brees, Pierre Thomas, Jeremy Shockey, Reggie Bush, Mike Bell, Robert Meachem and a host of other players......$13,000
Right behind that was a set of Yankees tickets including airfare went for $12,000
WOOOOW that awesome !!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-15-2009, 01:09 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,534

fish cleaning table for 11-5.... wow !!!!!!!!!! thats awesome, good to hear the outcome of a wonderful event. I know ross did an excellent job on this... Good job ROSS and EMAN, and whomever else contrubuted to this event !!
Old 12-15-2009, 08:59 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556
Default Tipper

Don't thank me i just cooked some food and showed up. Ross did all the work!