SaltyCajun.com http://www.budnmarys.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 01-08-2014, 11:48 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,238

Graduated in December, now I'm bored looking for jobs. Got nothing but time now and it sucks.
Old 01-08-2014, 11:59 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt coonassty View Post
Graduated in December, now I'm bored looking for jobs. Got nothing but time now and it sucks.

What did you get a degree in?
Old 01-08-2014, 12:09 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,238

Natural Resource Ecology and Management. Looking for something like environmental consulting or state/fed agency.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:04 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,061

Finishing up my last semester in Environmental Engineering at LSU this spring. Either doing grad school or consulting once I graduate.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:08 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,917

I'm taking a safety tech class and am enrolled for sowela in the fall to start on a Process tech degree.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:07 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,044

Good luck Eddie, it will pay off in the future. I can kick myself in the butt for not going back for my masters. Just think this time next year you will be done and hopefully have a little time to shoot some birds in the face with us. That's of course if they have a better showing next year.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:32 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,864

My wife is going to NP school through McNeese. She is doing the psych program. She made a 4.0 this fall, her first semester.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:24 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 9,130

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaLatt View Post
My wife is going to NP school through McNeese. She is doing the psych program. She made a 4.0 this fall, her first semester.
I expect nothing less from Pippa.
Old 02-06-2014, 03:51 PM
Sailfish

Headknocker UPDATE

UGH I am currently working on my Scholarly Project to graduate... 3 weeks into it and have typed up 26 pages so far. Thats not including the data from my questionnaire.

Still have 25 providers to survey... this thing looks like it gonna be 45 pages atleast. Feel like i am writing a doctorine thesis. Wanna shoot my brains out!!!! Need to fish... having withdrawal symptoms.

My question is: WHO IN THE FUG WOULD WANNA READ 45 PAGES?!?!?!?!?!

:confuse d:
Old 02-06-2014, 04:17 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,061

Senior design
Old 02-06-2014, 04:20 PM
Super Moderator

Cash: 18,488

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltERedneck View Post
My question is: WHO IN THE FUG WOULD WANNA READ 45 PAGES?!?!?!?!?!
Nobody! They just want to see who will write it!
Old 04-28-2014, 10:02 AM
Sailfish

Default Home Stretch

1 week and 1 day left til summer begins... then just 1 semester left. Beginning to count the days to graduation December 15, 2014.

Old 04-28-2014, 11:02 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMyers View Post
Nobody! They just want to see who will write it!

Unless it's a weir or CCA thread, or something in the premium section... Tons of people read 45 pages of that stuff!!
Old 04-28-2014, 11:34 AM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,318

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltERedneck View Post
1 week and 1 day left til summer begins... then just 1 semester left. Beginning to count the days to graduation December 15, 2014.

Damn, you graduate on my 55 birthday.

Congrats. You got this.
Old 04-28-2014, 11:38 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

My borther finished up this semester. He got a Masters of Nursing from LSU School of Medicine. He's already working as a Nurse Practioner. Him and another buddy of mine along with 1 other fella took the course with 32 women...... I think that's why they went back to school. Graduation Party is not this Sunday buy next.
Old 04-28-2014, 12:27 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

I don't know about your teachers, but I've always read every word of my students' work, usually multiple times. I also repeat all of their calculations and analysis on custom student projects to ensure that they've got everything right.

There are lots of places to make mistakes in engineering projects, calculations, and data analysis. Being a good engineer requires tremendous attention to the computational details, and I think it is a big part of the professor's job to impart this attention to detail like carefully checking everything.

If professorial efforts have not successfully imparted the required attention to detail during the course of the semester, nothing finally drives the message home better than a bad grade. Some professors take a "go along to get along" attitude with the training of engineers. I was more concerned about the bridges falling down and the systems failing if engineers graduated who had not learned attention to detail. I was a quality control guy in the education of students.
Old 04-28-2014, 12:31 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,268

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
I don't know about your teachers, but I've always read every word of my students' work, usually multiple times. I also repeat all of their calculations and analysis on custom student projects to ensure that they've got everything right.

There are lots of places to make mistakes in engineering projects, calculations, and data analysis. Being a good engineer requires tremendous attention to the computational details, and I think it is a big part of the professor's job to impart this attention to detail like carefully checking everything.

If professorial efforts have not successfully imparted the required attention to detail during the course of the semester, nothing finally drives the message home better than a bad grade. Some professors take a "go along to get along" attitude with the training of engineers. I was more concerned about the bridges falling down and the systems failing if engineers graduated who had not learned attention to detail. I was a quality control guy in the education of students.

I bet you're a real hoot at parties!
Old 04-28-2014, 01:18 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micah View Post
I bet you're a real hoot at parties!
I once taught for four years at a community college. A few colleagues in the Division of Science and Math maintained good quality in our courses, but the vast majority gave away grades for showing up. It was frustrating to me.

Frustrating became frightening when my blood pressure dropped one day due to a bout with the flu and I hit the floor. All the EMTs, all the nurses, and everyone I saw for the first 45 minutes after my collapse had been trained at the community college with real quality control problems and almost no academic rigor.

Fortunately, all I needed was to lie down, get an IV put in, and try to replenish lost fluids to get my blood pressure back up. Had more detailed analysis of symptoms, complex diagnoses, or rapid administration of essential measures been needed, I would have been in trouble.

Those who train medical professionals should do so as if their own lives will one day depend upon them.

Those who train engineers should do so as of their own lives will one day depend upon them.

The Air Force loved me, because they understand that our lives and liberties will one day depend on those in control of our weapons of war. State colleges and universities see things very differently.

Party on ...
Old 04-28-2014, 01:20 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,268

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
I once taught for four years at a community college. A few colleagues in the Division of Science and Math maintained good quality in our courses, but the vast majority gave away grades for showing up. It was frustrating to me.

Frustrating became frightening when my blood pressure dropped one day due to a bout with the flu and I hit the floor. All the EMTs, all the nurses, and everyone I saw for the first 45 minutes after my collapse had been trained at the community college with real quality control problems and almost no academic rigor.

Fortunately, all I needed was to lie down, get an IV put in, and try to replenish lost fluids to get my blood pressure back up. Had more detailed analysis of symptoms, complex diagnoses, or rapid administration of essential measures been needed, I would have been in trouble.

Those who train medical professionals should do so as if their own lives will one day depend upon them.

Those who train engineers should do so as of their own lives will one day depend upon them.

The Air Force loved me, because they understand that our lives and liberties will one day depend on those in control of our weapons of war. State colleges and universities see things very differently.

Party on ...

Thanks for proving my point...
Old 04-28-2014, 01:22 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micah View Post
Thanks for proving my point...

Lol