SaltyCajun.com http://www.gclendingservices.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:33 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,142

A neighbor was running down the boat lane at Toledo bend and he and his Dad passed another guy that was jigging and probing trying to find his rod & reel. They had ask the guy what happened and he said he cast and just let go. Well they continued down the lake and finally stopped and they started to fish. So the guys Dad was talking about how it was bad when you get old and don't have the grip and control you did when younger. Well my neighbors Dad got his rod & reel and the first cast threw it in the lake. He just sat there and his son says," Hey" and his Dad turned to his son and said don't say a damn thing.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:45 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,150

Was fishing out of Freshwater City a couple of years ago when my friend hit his arm on the bimini support while casting. His brand new first time used rig flew into the water about 8 ft deep. He screamed a cuss word and without missing a beat dove in head first. He surfaced about 10 seconds later with rod n reel in hand. He amazingly still had his sunglasses on.

He did however waste a full beer
Old 11-06-2013, 09:49 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,546

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickLafayette View Post
Why. Did you find the brand new rod and reel I lost 2 weeks ago in the Hammock?
I caught a spincast reel near there kinda. No rod.

"Go ahead, share your opinion! I won't cry"
Old 11-06-2013, 10:15 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

Quote:
Originally Posted by mriguy View Post
Was fishing out of Freshwater City a couple of years ago when my friend hit his arm on the bimini support while casting. His brand new first time used rig flew into the water about 8 ft deep. He screamed a cuss word and without missing a beat dove in head first. He surfaced about 10 seconds later with rod n reel in hand. He amazingly still had his sunglasses on.

He did however waste a full beer
What kind of beer? Certain brands are excusable!
Old 11-06-2013, 10:33 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,393

We were bass fishing in stephensville. I seen a water moccasin swimming by the boat. Tried smacking with an ugly stick. Me and the rig end up going over right on top the snake. I was out of the water so quick my wallet didn't even get wet. I left my buddy's ugly stick and ambassador behind in the process though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 11-07-2013, 09:48 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 610
Default expensive fish

we were on some specks biting in a frenzy, slingin em in the boat left and right. had fish slime on my hands, couldnt stop to wipe, casted bam-another, set the hook-oops there goes the pole, with seconds to react i dove in with arms wide open and got it, swam to the boat with $80 rod n reel. kept fishin and catchin, heard a low beeping sound- my $200 phone ruined!
Old 11-07-2013, 11:02 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 611

Lost one last wk in Big Lake in West Cove. We were on the fish, set the rod down to help one of the others on the boat, fish hit and pulled the rod & reel out of the holder. We watched it slowly start moving off and then picking up speed. We chased it with the troll motor casting with jigheads but were never able to hook onto it. Actually heard some cuss words I wasn't even familiar with! I actually think he was talking in tongues!
Old 11-07-2013, 11:31 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,043

Caught an abu garcia on a falcon rod in the ship channel by the pogey plant a while back. If this helps anyone lol
Old 11-13-2013, 06:32 AM
Redfish

Cash: 750
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbert Chamblee View Post
A neighbor was running down the boat lane at Toledo bend and he and his Dad passed another guy that was jigging and probing trying to find his rod & reel. They had ask the guy what happened and he said he cast and just let go. Well they continued down the lake and finally stopped and they started to fish. So the guys Dad was talking about how it was bad when you get old and don't have the grip and control you did when younger. Well my neighbors Dad got his rod & reel and the first cast threw it in the lake. He just sat there and his son says," Hey" and his Dad turned to his son and said don't say a damn thing.
Great story, that's funny!!
Old 11-19-2013, 11:17 AM
Ling

Cash: 2,271

once so far for me... I was sacalait fishing Half Moon in Port Barre (if anyone knows this place you know how small of an area it is and the number of people always there) when some bass started hitting in front of me. Well I was fishing on an ice chest that I forgot had wheels on the back of it, and when I leaned back to grab my bass rod, I did a complete back flip off of it into probably 50 degree water! Got out the water so fast that the water didn't even have a chance to seep through my outer layers of clothes. Stripped my jacket and wind pants off, and I was dry underneath, only my head, hands, and feet were wet. Later on I realized I must have knocked my bass rod overboard, so I went back through that area with a rattletrap and ended up catching it on my first throw!

Everyone around the bridge got a good laugh, even had one guy tell me that its $3 to launch but another $5 to swim haha