SaltyCajun.com http://www.gclendingservices.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 08-10-2014, 01:13 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 4,521

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
Add to that the fact that they really aren't made to "steer" with those front tires, they're basically drifters. You hammer and feather the gas in a controlled spin on that slick dirt.

Imagine trying to jerk the wheel with those tiny tires at 40mph on wet dirt, of course he hit the gas to steer away (like a boat, gas it for more maneuvering).

I don't see him running down a 20 year old kid.
I don't think there is any way Tony was trying to run this kid down. Tony is a great driver and these cars are very hard to drive. Like Gooh said, they are in a controlled spin almost the entire way around.
Old 08-10-2014, 01:50 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Why he was so mad at Tony beats me. Watch the first 15 seconds of the video a few times. The guy wrecked all by himself. He slid out too far and caught the wall with his right rear tire. Tony's car doesn't even bobble before the impact. Tony was driving clean.
Old 08-10-2014, 02:28 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,455

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
Why he was so mad at Tony beats me. Watch the first 15 seconds of the video a few times. The guy wrecked all by himself. He slid out too far and caught the wall with his right rear tire. Tony's car doesn't even bobble before the impact. Tony was driving clean.

X2
Old 08-10-2014, 02:36 PM
Sailfish

Another thing about the young guy actually getting hit. The front wing and top wing of those cars really decrease your forward verical field of view when in a banked corner. Just like when you have your sunvisor down and go down a steep hill. When you get close to the bottom your visor blocks the view of the hill you're fixing to go up. It just shrinks your field of view. Coming out of that corner Tony may have not seen him until a split second before he was hit.
Old 08-10-2014, 02:44 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,829

Man that's terrible !
Old 08-10-2014, 03:07 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,807

Watching the race right now, they were talking about the incident last night and espn reported that there are no charges filed against Tony but the DA will continue to investigate. They are asking fans that were at the race to send any videos to authorities. This could get interesting..
Old 08-10-2014, 03:15 PM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Let's not forget that the dude gets out of his car, moves toward oncoming traffic on a dimly-lit (at best) track wearing a dark colored suit. Looks to me like he had a death wish.
Old 08-10-2014, 03:18 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,837

Yeah dude was in dead center of track wearing black. There is absolutely no way to prove Tony ran him over on purpose. Nothing will happen at all.
Old 08-10-2014, 03:20 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Landry View Post
Watching the race right now, they were talking about the incident last night and espn reported that there are no charges filed against Tony but the DA will continue to investigate. They are asking fans that were at the race to send any videos to authorities. This could get interesting..
Will really be surprised if there isn't at least some kind of civil lawsuit for Tony. It's very sad for Tony. I have watched it prolly thirty times and can't see any wrong doing on Tony's part. A hot headed guy wrecked his car and was pissed. His anger cost him his life. From the video, Tony never touched him and tried to spin around him when he saw him on the track.
If he was mad about being pushed to the outside in the corner he should have gave Tony the inside line and fell in behind him going into the corner. Back of the throttle faster In the corner for traction and drive under him coming out of the corner.
Old 08-10-2014, 03:34 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,584

This would be a totally different story if Tony was the one dead and the 20YO had juked him.........
Old 08-10-2014, 03:44 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepeddler View Post
This would be a totally different story if Tony was the one dead and the 20YO had juked him.........
Are you saying it's gona be nothing because it's the famous Tony Stewart? God I hope not. I don't see were he did anything wrong. If that's the case I must ask if you've watched the video and how many times?Not trying to start a fight but do you follow sprint car racing? Its a whole different world than nascar racing.
Old 08-10-2014, 03:55 PM
Ling

yes I do follow.........you are not going to start a fight brother........

I have watched the video countless times now.
Tony has a history of muscling himself around at these races. He shows up unannounced and pounds everyone down and leaves......and the owners of the tracks, typically other drivers AND Tony love it.

I do not believe for one minute Tony lost his temper and drove down a driver in front of hundreds of people.

What I do see and more so hear is him trying to throw some dirt on this kid.

It ain't a far cast to know what Tony would say if he was in the fence by this kid. He rarely is ever at fault. He cannot stand getting pounded by the younger drivers.

Look man, he is an incredible person and has done countless good things.

He made a mistage here that I truly beleive will get purposefully "un-noticed" when it's all said and done.

I can see where the kid is a fault to for getting out the car........
BUT Tony is a world class driver.....he spends hours driving with cat like reflexes and then he can't see this kid? at 40 MPH??

I just ain't buying it.....

But I respect the fact that this will be hard for many to see based on who he is and how good of a man he is off the track
Old 08-10-2014, 04:06 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
yes I do follow.........you are not going to start a fight brother........

I have watched the video countless times now.
Tony has a history of muscling himself around at these races. He shows up unannounced and pounds everyone down and leaves......and the owners of the tracks, typically other drivers AND Tony love it.

I do not believe for one minute Tony lost his temper and drove down a driver in front of hundreds of people.

What I do see and more so hear is him trying to throw some dirt on this kid.

It ain't a far cast to know what Tony would say if he was in the fence by this kid. He rarely is ever at fault. He cannot stand getting pounded by the younger drivers.

Look man, he is an incredible person and has done countless good things.

He made a mistage here that I truly beleive will get purposefully "un-noticed" when it's all said and done.

I can see where the kid is a fault to for getting out the car........
BUT Tony is a world class driver.....he spends hours driving with cat like reflexes and then he can't see this kid? at 40 MPH??

I just ain't buying it.....

But I respect the fact that this will be hard for many to see based on who he is and how good of a man he is off the track

I don't like him, never did. Actually couldn't stand him.

By your logic, being so skilled Tony would have been able to graze the kid with the rear of the car to embarrass him - hell, he gets within inches of concrete walls, bumpers and the sides of cars at 200mph...

A master does not simply misjudge by a few feet
Old 08-10-2014, 04:14 PM
Ling

..........I think he misjudged by a few inches.......
Old 08-10-2014, 04:40 PM
Sailfish

Simple I dont know if you read my post about how the front and top wings of those cars really cut down on the drivers vertical field of view in banked turns. Not sure of the bank angle on that track but some tracks (bristol) only gives a driver an 24" or so of vertical view in the corners. You come out of a corner with low view point and 50' disappears fast even at 40mph.
Not saying this isn't a sad situation. I just believe it was caused by the young driver and unfortunatly it cost him his life.
Old 08-10-2014, 04:51 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
Simple I dont know if you read my post about how the front and top wings of those cars really cut down on the drivers vertical field of view in banked turns. Not sure of the bank angle on that track but some tracks (bristol) only gives a driver an 24" or so of vertical view in the corners. You come out of a corner with low view point and 50' disappears fast even at 40mph.
Not saying this isn't a sad situation. I just believe it was caused by the young driver and unfortunatly it cost him his life.
Fari enough man......we see two sides of the same quarter as it were
Old 08-10-2014, 06:36 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
..........I think he misjudged by a few inches.......

Negative - inches would have bumped the kid or knocked him down, feet sucked him up into a ridiculously wide tire and spit him into the air
Old 08-10-2014, 06:58 PM
The Camp Cook....

Cash: 13,826

It's a sad situation.... But that's why my parents always told me not to play in the road.
Old 08-10-2014, 08:46 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Kid should of never got out of car

No news here sad deal but you can only blame the kid 100% if he stays in his car he is here today bottom line

You sure don't run out on I-10 into traffic do you ?
Old 08-10-2014, 09:28 PM
Flounder

Cash: 617

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Kid should of never got out of car

No news here sad deal but you can only blame the kid 100% if he stays in his car he is here today bottom line

You sure don't run out on I-10 into traffic do you ?
In the drivers meeting they tell drivers don't exit the car unless it's on fire or upside down.........he didn't listen. Not sure what happened with tony but the kid lost his life. Watched the video and doesn't seen like tony did anything intentional.