SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlesurgentcare.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 10-05-2013, 04:14 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,505
Default The New Wharfs at Price Lake Rd.

I took these pictures yesterday and forgot to post them. They have the first one you come to finished "except for few minor details". The second one is almost finished. I brought them a roller yesterday so the can pack the new rock and started hauling out the equipment. They still didn't know when it was to open. Wouldn't do any good anyway with this stupid government shutdown. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381007435.005900.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1381007520.900056.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381007543.030337.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1381007558.034281.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1381007630.979800.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-05-2013, 04:21 PM
Redfish

Cash: 633

very cool! thanks for the pics!
Old 10-05-2013, 05:12 PM
Sailfish

The pictures don't do it justice. I'm suppose to back Monday to pickup some more equipment. I'll try to take some more pictures.

Old 10-05-2013, 05:17 PM
Ling

Cash: 5,523

Awesome! Thanks for sharing hamma
Old 10-05-2013, 05:27 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,009

Looks awesome, thanks for taking the time to take and post the pics. When it does open, hopefully they could have some trash bins so maybe the yahoo's will make some attempt to keep the place clean. Have some signs that says what goes in the refuge must go out like some of the pristine camping areas in other parts of our country.
Old 10-05-2013, 05:42 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Thanks for posting merc.

As for keeping it clean, if idiots are throwing trash everywhere, we as good stewards should pick some up when we are walking by. I always leave with other peoples trash when I go to the refuge and think everyone should do the same. Yea it sucks we have to pick up after schmucks, but we all know that they will always be idiots and they will always be breeding.

My theory is the cleaner it is kept, the less junk will accumulate. Folks who don't normally leave junk will be more inclined to if the whole place is covered in junk. Folks who like to leave junk will be less inclined if the place is clean.

How easy is it to throw junk in a room you just organized and detailed? Ain't happening, the junk is going to go in the other room that is already disheveled and full of junk.

Think about it, and next time you're out on our public lands go ahead and fill up that empty bucket or spare compartment of your boat with some losers sh**. It actually feels pretty good.

Now private places are a different story, they should pay or take it upon themselves to clean up the idiots' mess.

OUR LAND IS OUR RESPONSIBILITY, NO MATTER WHO IS TO BLAME. SEE SOMETHING? DO SOMETHING.

Those pristine places all over the country aren't pristine because of a sign, they're pristine because of a culture and mindset, the locals and workers don't allow it to accumulate.

Sent
Old 10-05-2013, 05:54 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
Thanks for posting merc.

As for keeping it clean, if idiots are throwing trash everywhere, we as good stewards should pick some up when we are walking by. I always leave with other peoples trash when I go to the refuge and think everyone should do the same. Yea it sucks we have to pick up after schmucks, but we all know that they will always be idiots and they will always be breeding.

My theory is the cleaner it is kept, the less junk will accumulate. Folks who don't normally leave junk will be more inclined to if the whole place is covered in junk. Folks who like to leave junk will be less inclined if the place is clean.

How easy is it to throw junk in a room you just organized and detailed? Ain't happening, the junk is going to go in the other room that is already disheveled and full of junk.

Think about it, and next time you're out on our public lands go ahead and fill up that empty bucket or spare compartment of your boat with some losers sh**. It actually feels pretty good.

Now private places are a different story, they should pay or take it upon themselves to clean up the idiots' mess.

OUR LAND IS OUR RESPONSIBILITY, NO MATTER WHO IS TO BLAME. SEE SOMETHING? DO SOMETHING.

Those pristine places all over the country aren't pristine because of a sign, they're pristine because of a culture and mindset, the locals and workers don't allow it to accumulate.

Sent
Roger that man. Used to take my family to swim in a spring fed creek I swam is as a boy. Every time we went there was other peoples trash for us to pick up and the local a$$holes used the road going in as their mud riding play ground. The few families that swam there tried to keep the place safe and clean so our kids could have some fun. Eventually the forest service got tired of it and completely blocked the access road. It only takes a few a$$holes to ruin something for everyone else.
Old 10-05-2013, 06:00 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,440

Government shut down should have no effect. It's a state refuge.
Old 10-05-2013, 06:08 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
Roger that man. Used to take my family to swim in a spring fed creek I swam is as a boy. Every time we went there was other peoples trash for us to pick up and the local a$$holes used the road going in as their mud riding play ground. The few families that swam there tried to keep the place safe and clean so our kids could have some fun. Eventually the forest service got tired of it and completely blocked the access road. It only takes a few a$$holes to ruin something for everyone else.
I feel ya. And while I'm in the mood to rant, those same types of aholes throw their trash and cig butts in the base of the 9/11 monument in downtown laffy. I wish I would see someone doing it so I could box their ears off and make my great grandpa proud. I think of him every time I'm there picking out a mess of trash from that awesome display.

Those that walk by and refuse to do what little they can are as much to blame as those that threw it there.

Sent
Old 10-05-2013, 09:35 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,855

Roger on dat went during the week and the Rock was still open.
Old 10-05-2013, 10:31 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,050

WOW - Looks really GREAT!!! Thanks for posting some pictures!
Old 10-05-2013, 11:13 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,917

I often find myself picking up other people trash and floating debris. I was somewhat appalled at what I saw my first time at Rockefeller last weekend. Beer cans, chicken neck packs and plastic bottles...its a shame.
Old 10-06-2013, 12:26 AM
Tripletail

They really need to write people tickets for leave their trash. Most people even leave their lines behind.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:05 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,393

Quote:
Originally Posted by papap View Post
They really need to write people tickets for leave their trash. Most people even leave their lines behind.
They do if they catch em. I want to say they write tickets for leaving lines also. I seen to remember hearing that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 10-06-2013, 08:17 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,084

Fine them BIG time. Make examples out of them. Its too easy to put stuff where it goes. I always thrown my trash back in the cooler or a small bucket with a lid. The dmr stopped me last year and I had three ice bags, and two empy cartons of beer In my cooler I picked up floating. You shouldve seen the look on his face
Old 10-07-2013, 04:00 PM
Sailfish

Here are some more pictures from these morning. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381179573.087753.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1381179588.244567.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1381179603.544682.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1381179616.185837.jpg

Old 10-07-2013, 05:58 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

I have been to Joseph harbor at Rockerfeller several times. I have looked for Price lake road along the hwy, but have not seen where the road is located.

Do you turn in at the Headquarters and the road is behind some of the buildings. If not, where is it. I have looked for it and not seen it anywhere alone the western side of the Refuge.

If it is west of the Headquarters....how far?
Old 10-07-2013, 05:58 PM
Tripletail

Nice
Old 10-07-2013, 06:02 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,679

Look nice will have more room !
Old 10-07-2013, 06:35 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,917

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
I have been to Joseph harbor at Rockerfeller several times. I have looked for Price lake road along the hwy, but have not seen where the road is located.

Do you turn in at the Headquarters and the road is behind some of the buildings. If not, where is it. I have looked for it and not seen it anywhere alone the western side of the Refuge.

If it is west of the Headquarters....how far?
Price Lake rd is further west than Josephs Harbor, pretty easy to spot once you past Josephs..