SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CajunTackle

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 09-21-2014, 09:36 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 8,726
Default Nothing easy

The Venice inshore has been slow with many storms and fronts as well as the river going up and down keeping the fish trying to figure out where to go. One day they are in one place and the next day that area looks like another country.

Many days we sit at the marina waiting for a storm system to pass so we can safely get out only to find the storms have given the fish lock jaw. I have found reds and tossed them shrimp and they passed it up. I have tossed spinner baits at them and they turned away.

We have been finding fish but even in this picture you can see a storm that was bearing down on us. It had lightning in it and I was forced to move to another area 6 to 8 miles away just to avoid the danger.

Although out of the electrical danger we still had threatening skies overhead. That particular day we ended up getting soaked on the way in.

Another day we had to battle 20 knot winds. This in itself gives us stirred up muddy water and pushes the fish up into the canes. It also breaks up the weeds on the edges and messes up things even more. When you are casting the wind takes control of your line and sends it into the canes and other obstacles. If you are casting into the wind you can not get to the place you want your line to go. On this day I only found keepers in one area and was driven out of there when a storm formed above us giving us wind gusts around 30 kts. and rain that we almost avoided. Just got a little on us.

Our total keeper catch for being out there from 7am till after 4pm. Just enough for a meal for them with the 6 blue crabs we also kept for them to boil up. This was the first of them.

That day we caught a lot of hard head cats and a good amount of rat reds. It is tough at this time. I am hoping the next few fronts that come through will put things back into a better fishing pattern. Still waiting for the river to drop and clean up again. It was starting to get that way a few weeks ago.

Life is Good!

Fishing is not a matter of life or death. It's more important than that!

Capt Hoop
Our Freedom
Old 09-21-2014, 04:57 PM
Flounder

Cash: 582

I fished Venice three days last week and found the same situations. The mouth of the river was awesome on day one, and by day three, it looked like mop water again in the passes. Just a matter of time before it gets right again.
Old 09-21-2014, 05:15 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,584

Great reports again capt
Old 09-21-2014, 07:33 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 8,726

Let's try it again with pictures.

The Venice inshore has been slow with many storms and fronts as well as the river going up and down keeping the fish trying to figure out where to go. One day they are in one place and the next day that area looks like another country.

Many days we sit at the marina waiting for a storm system to pass so we can safely get out only to find the storms have given the fish lock jaw. I have found reds and tossed them shrimp and they passed it up. I have tossed spinner baits at them and they turned away.

We have been finding fish but even in this picture you can see a storm that was bearing down on us. It had lightning in it and I was forced to move to another area 6 to 8 miles away just to avoid the danger.

Although out of the electrical danger we still had threatening skies overhead. That particular day we ended up getting soaked on the way in.

Another day we had to battle 20 knot winds. This in itself gives us stirred up muddy water and pushes the fish up into the canes. It also breaks up the weeds on the edges and messes up things even more. When you are casting the wind takes control of your line and sends it into the canes and other obstacles. If you are casting into the wind you can not get to the place you want your line to go. On this day I only found keepers in one area and was driven out of there when a storm formed above us giving us wind gusts around 30 kts. and rain that we almost avoided. Just got a little on us.

Our total keeper catch for being out there from 7am till after 4pm. Just enough for a meal for them with the 6 blue crabs we also kept for them to boil up. This was the first of them.

That day we caught a lot of hard head cats and a good amount of rat reds. It is tough at this time. I am hoping the next few fronts that come through will put things back into a better fishing pattern. Still waiting for the river to drop and clean up again. It was starting to get that way a few weeks ago.

Life is Good!
Fishing is not a matter of life or death. It's more important than that.

CAPT HOOP -- OUR FREEDOM