SaltyCajun.com http://www.egretbaits.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 07-31-2017, 07:58 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,486
Default BL report 7/29-30/17

Saturday: Hit 9MC at daybreak, one keeper on lil jons. Tried ORJ, nada. Stopped at old pogie plant flats and caught half dozen keepers on lil jons and "live shrimp" (most were dead by then). Lots of boats there too. By 10 am it almost shut off, but probably couldve done better if i couldve kept bait alive. West winds made main lake a little tough to fish in, water was stained but salty in channel down there.

Sunday: Got started late, too late for live bait, picked up one keeper at the same area as yesterday, water was a bit dirtier, NE winds, lots cooler air temp. Water was+87F and up, tried some deeper cuts with dead shrimp but nada, called it a day.

I imagine the guys who know when to fish the spots we all know probably caught some fish. For me this was my first trip to BL all year. That said, cant expect to hammer em coming in cold. Fun trip and thankful to get to go though. Prayers with the folks in the incident at jetties this weekend.