SaltyCajun.com http://k2-coolers.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Freshwater Fishing Discussion

Freshwater Fishing Discussion For discussion of everything freshwater!

Old 04-26-2011, 05:26 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,464
Default RAIN

Heard Laccafish was runnin out the banks.... boy need a week solid of last nights rain around here
Old 04-26-2011, 05:48 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 908

I started hearing thunder around here about 30 min ago, my yard could really use some rain.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:56 AM
Ling

Cash: 1,391

Been rainin here since around 3. Swimmin pool is about to overflow.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:30 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

Rainin it's arse off in br..... Bout to go to the job n see how much dirt washed out of this form that didn't get completed b4 the rain @$&@^*%}}|\#€*+€#
Old 04-26-2011, 08:07 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinpox View Post
Rainin it's arse off in br..... Bout to go to the job n see how much dirt washed out of this form that didn't get completed b4 the rain @$&@^*%}}|\#€*+€#
Ahhh, the joys of self employment! I've been saying this a LOT lately!!!
Old 04-26-2011, 08:09 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,002

Quote:

yep im shut down to buddy
Old 04-26-2011, 11:09 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 908

Quote:
I think one of my most pissed off days while building my house was when they got everything formed up and the footings dug but when I went check things out I would only have about 1-2 inches of slab in most places. They had already put the visqueen and screen down so they had to put some "risers" on top of the forms to make the slab thicker since my plan called for minimum 4 inches thick. Well they farted around and 2 days later we got a big rainstorm and it filled up the footings with water. Before I could get out there they dug some big azz trenches to get the water out, I was highly pissed!! I had all my topsoil down already so that's why I now have a clay yard . I coulda strangled everybody I talked to that day...
Old 04-26-2011, 11:14 AM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

Heard laccafish done busted levees and fish is going wild. Yall get over there now, and leave the calcasieu river
Old 04-26-2011, 11:15 AM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsidelandry View Post
I think one of my most pissed off days while building my house was when they got everything formed up and the footings dug but when I went check things out I would only have about 1-2 inches of slab in most places. They had already put the visqueen and screen down so they had to put some "risers" on top of the forms to make the slab thicker since my plan called for minimum 4 inches thick. Well they farted around and 2 days later we got a big rainstorm and it filled up the footings with water. Before I could get out there they dug some big azz trenches to get the water out, I was highly pissed!! I had all my topsoil down already so that's why I now have a clay yard . I coulda strangled everybody I talked to that day...
yep sounds about right! sounds like they put to much fill in your form b4 they dug the footings and didnt realize all that dirt coming out the footing would go on top of the pads. i usally fill mine to 10" below the form then use a wackerpacker to compact the dirt that comes out the footing on the pads . useally works out with 4.5 " of cement. what scares me on this job is the ground is so freakin hard my diggers refuse to do it by hand and its hard to get exact when useing a machine ....usally costs me more $$ in concrete .
Old 04-26-2011, 11:38 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 988

Quote:
yep sounds about right! sounds like they put to much fill in your form b4 they dug the footings and didnt realize all that dirt coming out the footing would go on top of the pads. i usally fill mine to 10" below the form then use a wackerpacker to compact the dirt that comes out the footing on the pads . useally works out with 4.5 " of cement. what scares me on this job is the ground is so freakin hard my diggers refuse to do it by hand and its hard to get exact when useing a machine ....usally costs me more $$ in concrete .
Them mexicans getting lazy on you????
Old 04-26-2011, 11:46 AM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshdomingue View Post
Them mexicans getting lazy on you????
if they were mexicans i wouldnt have a problem .....my diggers well lets just say ....well you know what im gettin at honstly though the ground is hard as a SOB they broke 3 sledges driving stakes into the ground ! and broke another 50 stakes trying to drive em
Old 04-26-2011, 12:04 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 988

Quote:
if they were mexicans i wouldnt have a problem .....my diggers well lets just say ....well you know what im gettin at honstly though the ground is hard as a SOB they broke 3 sledges driving stakes into the ground ! and broke another 50 stakes trying to drive em

that always makes for a great day of work!!!! glad its them and not me!!