SaltyCajun.com lake Area Marine

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 02-04-2016, 03:18 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 919
Default salty cajun

So I just have to ask. Is this website even a serious fishing forum anymore. This site used to be filled with reports, and random post from common everyday fisherman. Some good some bad. People seeking an obtaining information. That they may not have been lucky enough to have a father/grand father to teach them. But here as of late it has been turned into one big joke. A play ground for one very Un professional guide service captain. To point fingers, and tease everyone who so much as graces the door step of this site. Every post I read or have even posted myself have always had this very overly opinionated. Self absorbed manipulative individual making snide and condescending remarks. Who is just so over bearing and obnoxious that it just turns my stomach, and next to people that leave trash everywhere. Is the worst example of a fisherman. From what I've gathered this man would probably send a father and son into squall sending them off to there death on some wild goose chase just so he can have two more fish in one of his pictures. The mocary you have made of this once enjoyable site is just sad. I really wish whoever ran this site would at least attempt to maintain a run a respectable forum, or just change the name to wdumbass.com
Old 02-04-2016, 03:23 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Lmao Mad Mad Mad

Guess what ??? You don't like it don't read it

Simple !!!

BTW
I have helped out more people on this site fishing than any person and I will but lots of money on that

Just because you don't like what we do are agree that we can have fun ? Later

how about you start a poll and ask ?? Do you read my PMs ?
Old 02-04-2016, 03:36 PM
Trophy Trout

I'm not mad I'm observant, and your little man cendrom is just so pathetic. There are thousands of people catching trout and fishing all over. No one feels the need to be such a huge douche about it. I used to read good reports and get good information from thus site. Now I just know when your off shore, at work, what side of the bed you woke up on, or if your on your period. Dude I know you can't grow up, but please make an effort. My 15 year old nephews act more like a mature man then you, and I made this post actually hoping something may change on this site. Not to get In a pissing match with you. People don't post because you'll cyber bully them. That's real, and the moderators need to respond. Plus the only information. People get from you now a days is your prices your cell phone number, and a picture of what trout look like In A box with no ice.
Old 02-04-2016, 03:37 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

this should be a lively thread lol

Old 02-04-2016, 03:41 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallard matt View Post
I'm not mad I'm observant, and your little man cendrom is just so pathetic. There are thousands of people catching trout and fishing all over. No one feels the need to be such a huge douche about it. I used to read good reports and get good information from thus site. Now I just know when your off shore, at work, what side of the bed you woke up on, or if your on your period. Dude I know you can't grow up, but please make an effort. My 15 year old nephews act more like a mature man then you, and I made this post actually hoping something may change on this site. Not to get In a pissing match with you. People don't post because you'll cyber bully them. That's real, and the moderators need to respond. Plus the only information. People get from you now a days is your prices your cell phone number, and a picture of what trout look like In A box with no ice.
Cool story bro !!!

Real real slow clap right now Mallard Matt !!
Old 02-04-2016, 03:46 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keakar View Post
this should be a lively thread lol

Nope

My last comment not going to stoop to his IQ

All I can assume is he is taking about the proGuide thread lol

The one we been "having fun one" for like a week

Which was nothing more than a troll thread but I guess some how he got really butthurt because other than that thread he ain't seen my name on here lol

Haters always hate
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (29.6 KB, 1342 views)
Sand Trout

Cash: 409

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Cool story bro !!!

Real real slow clap right now Mallard Matt !!
Go get em' JR!!
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,190

We have a policy to protect fishing reports. If someone posts a report on the site and is later attacked or rude comments are made please report the post. In the upper right hand corner of each post there is a button to report posts. When you guys report a post all of the mods are notified via email. I am not on the site as much as I once was but when I get an email of a reported post I always go and check it out. I promise you that we deal with reported post and we usually do so in a timely manner. I would like to see more reports myself so again let us know if people are not acting as they should in the reports area.

It use to be that we required guides to tell a little about what bait they used and a little about their trip (not spots obviously) but we have become a little to laid back in this philosophy and we need to revisit it. Because you are right at the end of the day free advertisement of dead fish in a box is really not helpful to anyone other than the guide. I guess the only advantage it could offer is to let you know the fish are biting....
Old 02-04-2016, 03:49 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,190

Also Mallard Matt has been on this site since 2009 he has earned the right to voice his opinion so I'm listening.
Old 02-04-2016, 03:50 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,003

Quote:
Book a trip like i did if you want more info. W was very patient with a weekend warrior like myself on a very bad day for fishing. Put us on fish and answered all our "stupid" questions.

Most people on here enjoy all the humor and take it for what it's worth. You sound like one of those old "get off my lawn" dudes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg download (14).jpg (10.3 KB, 1349 views)
Old 02-04-2016, 04:03 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Hey Matt since obvious you don't read any of my reports
Here is the last one I made
Tell you bait , even color and size jig head we are using
Now if you go back and read my reports you will find I give many tips in them
So you can bash me for anything you want but don't say all I do is post dead fish ... You have me confused with someone else on here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-04-2016, 04:05 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,124

I am a Cajun I love to fish, hunt, trap, cook, garden camp and shoot the bull about Cajun culture like playing booray. I try to post stuff where it goes but I figure much as I wish it was life aint all about fishing. Why have other categories if ya don't want us posting on them.
Old 02-04-2016, 04:18 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-04-2016, 04:39 PM
Trophy Trout

I've been following fishing forums for the last decade. Like I told w in a pm. You can't do that and not keep up with w,and for the last few years ive watched countless everyday fisherman who work all day. Stop posting reports anymore because. They don't want to hear all the snide and negative comments about the sheepshead or black drum in the back round. How you use live bait. God forbid you catch them within a half mile from the weirs. After years of this it's just worn on me. This website was started so we wouldn't just have a million posts of a box shot and a phone number. Which has become the norm as of late. I've followed this since before w got kicked off of LMS. For bullying people, I just think this site should focus more on conservation and general outdoor activities. It's more like an episode of keeping up with the kardashians that an outdoor channel special. These days, and all I've done is voice my opinion. Based on my observations, if an opinion is wrong it doesn't count. So why get so bent out of shape?
Old 02-04-2016, 04:45 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
I've been following fishing forums for the last decade. Like I told w in a pm. You can't do that and not keep up with w,and for the last few years ive watched countless everyday fisherman who work all day. Stop posting reports anymore because. They don't want to hear all the snide and negative comments about the sheepshead or black drum in the back round. How you use live bait. God forbid you catch them within a half mile from the weirs. After years of this it's just worn on me. This website was started so we wouldn't just have a million posts of a box shot and a phone number. Which has become the norm as of late. I've followed this since before w got kicked off of LMS. For bullying people, I just think this site should focus more on conservation and general outdoor activities. It's more like an episode of keeping up with the kardashians that an outdoor channel special. These days, and all I've done is voice my opinion. Based on my observations, if an opinion is wrong it doesn't count. So why get so bent out of shape?

So why you still here ??

You sound like the Trump haters ... Talk but never leave ? Always looking and reading !!

It's Feb nobody is fishing and hunting is over for most part , so if your going to make up stuff about people not posting please go back 3 months and research the number of fishing post by " non guides "
Then go back 3 more months and you will find even more from the summer

Like Casey said you will not find 1 fishing report that someone has bashed someone on ..

Not every kids get trophies in the real world like you might think !!
Old 02-04-2016, 04:50 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

When's the last time you posted a report Mallard Matt?
Old 02-04-2016, 04:52 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

You been here since 2009 and don't even have 300 posts. Maybe if more people like you would post there would be more reports
Old 02-04-2016, 05:07 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,563

I'd have to agree with mallard Matt for how some people are with their comments. But I wouldn't necessarily include W in that group. He only messes with the few who truly deserve it. W does offer advice from time to time as he's shown above in his screen shots.
Old 02-04-2016, 05:31 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 4,409

I don't mind someone posting pics of fish and not giving any tips. It tells me that someone, somewhere in the estuary, found them. That's always been enough of an excuse for me to get on the water.
Old 02-04-2016, 06:15 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,065

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo23 View Post
I don't mind someone posting pics of fish and not giving any tips. It tells me that someone, somewhere in the estuary, found them. That's always been enough of an excuse for me to get on the water.
Exactly, i appreciate the tidbits i get and use their photos to judge my performance on any given day. And, I have never gotten a single ounce of grief for the puppy drum i usually have mixed with my other catches.