SaltyCajun.com http://www.matrixshad.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 08-29-2012, 07:53 AM
southern151's Avatar
southern151 southern151 is offline
Blue Marlin
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Gonzales
Posts: 8,705
Cash: 3,546
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
If anyone loses a pecan tree please let Corey know!!
Got a whole one on the ground out at Dad's place as of 30 minutes ago. Bout to have to go cut it off of his driveway. Good news is that it didn't hit anything...
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 08-29-2012, 08:18 AM
eman eman is offline
Swordfish
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Baton Rouge
Posts: 6,033
Cash: 556
Default

gotta work for that smokin wood!
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 08-29-2012, 08:40 AM
LPfishnTIM's Avatar
LPfishnTIM LPfishnTIM is offline
BIG MOUTH BASS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Walker, La
Posts: 3,556
Cash: 5,913
Default

if you need help with that tree let me know I'm not doing anything but sitting here in my apartment watching tv., bad part is since its not moving fast its dragging out the duration time of me being off work, not making enough money!
__________________
BASS FISHING EXTRAORDINAIRE!
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 08-29-2012, 08:46 AM
Big Flounder's Avatar
Big Flounder Big Flounder is offline
King Mackeral
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Denham Springs
Posts: 2,213
Cash: 714
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPfishnTIM View Post
if you need help with that tree let me know I'm not doing anything but sitting here in my apartment watching tv., bad part is since its not moving fast its dragging out the duration time of me being off work, not making enough money!
What part of walker you in? I'm in woodland crossing and we still have power. My mom is on 190 by the walker baptist church and they lost power at 5:00 this morning.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 08-29-2012, 08:47 AM
biggun's Avatar
biggun biggun is offline
Red Snapper
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Abbeville, LA
Posts: 1,868
Cash: 3,962
Default

Abbeville is doing well no rain. Gust to 35Knots
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 08-29-2012, 08:50 AM
wtretrievers's Avatar
wtretrievers wtretrievers is offline
Ling
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Central
Posts: 3,690
Cash: 2,477
Default

Rut row.....we just lost power. winds are humpin now!
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 08-29-2012, 08:52 AM
Big Flounder's Avatar
Big Flounder Big Flounder is offline
King Mackeral
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Denham Springs
Posts: 2,213
Cash: 714
Default

Just saw on the news there are some barges in manchac that were tied together now only have one line holding them! If they break loose they will damage the 55 bridge. Owner of barges has a tug in rout
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 08-29-2012, 09:00 AM
meaux fishing's Avatar
meaux fishing meaux fishing is offline
Great White
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Meaux
Posts: 12,531
Cash: 22,543
Default

rain just started in Meaux
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 08-29-2012, 09:19 AM
Big Flounder's Avatar
Big Flounder Big Flounder is offline
King Mackeral
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Denham Springs
Posts: 2,213
Cash: 714
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Flounder View Post
Just saw on the news there are some barges in manchac that were tied together now only have one line holding them! If they break loose they will damage the 55 bridge. Owner of barges has a tug in rout
Now they are saying that tug boat company would not send a tug so coast guard is in rout.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 08-29-2012, 09:20 AM
SULPHITE's Avatar
SULPHITE SULPHITE is offline
Entering A World of Pain
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sulphur
Posts: 10,287
Cash: 9,567
Default

this is going to be a mess...everyone stay safe.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 08-29-2012, 09:23 AM
DUCKGOGETTER DUCKGOGETTER is offline
Blue Marlin
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: LAKE CHARLES
Posts: 9,105
Cash: 9,890
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sulphite View Post
this is going to be a mess...everyone stay safe.

x2! I still don't think lc is clear of this
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 08-29-2012, 09:29 AM
DUCKGOGETTER DUCKGOGETTER is offline
Blue Marlin
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: LAKE CHARLES
Posts: 9,105
Cash: 9,890
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasdad View Post
moved my travel trailer out of grand cheniere yesterday because of a possiblilty of a 3-6 foot tidal surge. Anyone that goes through there or lives there please give us an update about that area. Hoping everyone is safe and no significant harm to all properties during through this storm.

just talked to my father-n-law and he runs twin oaks rv park in gc and he said that as of right now they have a negative storm surge and he sees mud. He talked to somebody at wildlife this morning adn they said later this afternoon they should see a 1-3 foot surge. He also said that the winds are like yesterday. I will keep you posted as i talk to him today.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 08-29-2012, 09:42 AM
hankscke123's Avatar
hankscke123 hankscke123 is offline
Tripletail
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: LAKE ARTHUR
Posts: 535
Cash: 1,071
Default

Like I posted on the other tread if any salty brother to the east needs a gen and gas cans I'll let them use one to get out of a bind.i know how it is to be without electriciy
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 08-29-2012, 09:47 AM
fishnla fishnla is offline
Redfish
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Moss Bluff, LA
Posts: 218
Cash: 883
Default

Anyone know anything about Houma? I see the eye is on top of them now. Have a buddy down there and we haven't heard from him in awhile, of course he is probably sleeping off a hang around by now.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 08-29-2012, 09:47 AM
meaux fishing's Avatar
meaux fishing meaux fishing is offline
Great White
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Meaux
Posts: 12,531
Cash: 22,543
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankscke123 View Post
Like I posted on the other tread if any salty brother to the east needs a gen and gas cans I'll let them use one to get out of a bind.i know how it is to be without electriciy
x2 if I dont lose power I have one too
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 08-29-2012, 10:10 AM
"W"'s Avatar
"W" "W" is offline
Catch fish in DA face!!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Big Lake LA
Posts: 32,974
Cash: 7,829
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnla View Post
Anyone know anything about Houma? I see the eye is on top of them now. Have a buddy down there and we haven't heard from him in awhile, of course he is probably sleeping off a hang around by now.
We have a office over there....lots of down trees , most with out power (some still have power)
No real flooding that we have heard but Houma is big
Winds are about 55pmh
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 08-29-2012, 10:14 AM
SULPHITE's Avatar
SULPHITE SULPHITE is offline
Entering A World of Pain
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sulphur
Posts: 10,287
Cash: 9,567
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUCKGOGETTER View Post
just talked to my father-n-law and he runs twin oaks rv park in gc and he said that as of right now they have a negative storm surge and he sees mud. He talked to somebody at wildlife this morning adn they said later this afternoon they should see a 1-3 foot surge. He also said that the winds are like yesterday. I will keep you posted as i talk to him today.
PLEASE KEEP UPDATES ON GC i KNOW ITS NOT AS IMPORTANT AS FAMILYS BUT WE HAVE SOME PROPERTY DOWN THERE...
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 08-29-2012, 10:15 AM
Country Boy's Avatar
Country Boy Country Boy is offline
Ling
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Arnaudville La.
Posts: 3,030
Cash: 2,829
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SULPHITE View Post
PLEASE KEEP UPDATES ON GC i KNOW ITS NOT AS IMPORTANT AS FAMILYS BUT WE HAVE SOME PROPERTY DOWN THERE...
My friend is at his camp right now and said the wind is blowing but that's about it
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 08-29-2012, 10:18 AM
DUCKGOGETTER DUCKGOGETTER is offline
Blue Marlin
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: LAKE CHARLES
Posts: 9,105
Cash: 9,890
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SULPHITE View Post
PLEASE KEEP UPDATES ON GC i KNOW ITS NOT AS IMPORTANT AS FAMILYS BUT WE HAVE SOME PROPERTY DOWN THERE...

WILL DO
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 08-29-2012, 10:31 AM
Country Boy's Avatar
Country Boy Country Boy is offline
Ling
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Arnaudville La.
Posts: 3,030
Cash: 2,829
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Boy View Post
My friend is at his camp right now and said the wind is blowing but that's about it
Also he just got ran out of price lake rd but not before he caught his limit of shrimp, I had just told him that it was closed but he didn't know
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:49 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007 - 2008, PixelFX Studios
SaltyCajun.com logo provided by Bryce Risher

All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted
Geo Visitors Map