SaltyCajun.com http://www.lyonsagency.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > Quitters and Losers Forum

Quitters and Losers Forum Come here to discuss self-improvement challenges, such as losing weight or quitting tobacco, alcohol, drugs, etc. NO BASHING and NO OFF-TOPIC POSTING in this forum! Lead, follow, or get outta the way!

Old 11-16-2009, 01:31 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
I can't eat brown rice. I have tried several times.
I live to eat. That is my biggest problem. Growing up in Cameron, the only food was home cooked, even in the resturants. There was no fast food down there until a couple years ago and Rita wiped that place out. I was raised by my grandma for a few years and she could cook some good food.
I stay active, but cannot do much to exercise my stomach/back midsection cause
if a bad back.
My doctor said I need to eat right, it is the only way I can lose the weight.
I do walk with my wife in the evenings and we both eat around 5 pm.
I got that habit from working offshore. We eat at 5 am, 11 am and 5 pm.
It is a good habit that I can't break if I wanted to. I have been eating like that
for the past 25 years.
Defeated before you started with I can't. Yes you can! I can't is a crutch. Everyone has the ability to change
Old 11-16-2009, 04:30 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 838

guys I fight professionally and also train many many people in BR and the biggest thing to do to lose weight is take in lots of protein. When cutting for a fight or looking good to party in Vegas the biggest thing we all do is stay on a serious protein diet. Protein and exercise will cut more weight then anything.

taking protein makes your muscles burn fat! How ever you exercise do it at least 3-4 times a day! If you just want to lose some belly fat its not hard in anyway! Walking around at 205-210 most of the year I can shed to 170 for a fight in 35-55 days and still be healthy. If I don't get back on the ice cream sandwiches and beer I can keep 170-180 for a few months
Old 11-16-2009, 04:59 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 587
Default K.I.S.S

Keep It Simple Stupid.....stop worrying about what foods to eat so much. Doing that can intimidate you and lead you to fall off of the wagon as it can be frustrating to try to always have perfectly healthy foods.

Losing weight can be much easier than many people try to make it out to be. It can be accomplished by this one simple method.....EAT LESS AND MOVE AROUND MORE!

Losing weight is not an exact sicence and should not have to be a huge burden on the person involved. Simply eating less and exercising more can give the average person huge successes in a weight loss venture. Too many people try to complicate what has to be done to lose weight by creating stupid fad diets or making you give up what you enjoy eating and replacing it with foods you don't like. You can eat everything you like and have success if you simply EAT LESS and EXERCISE MORE.
Old 11-16-2009, 05:05 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,188

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tete Dur View Post
Keep It Simple Stupid.....stop worrying about what foods to eat so much. Doing that can intimidate you and lead you to fall off of the wagon as it can be frustrating to try to always have perfectly healthy foods.

Losing weight can be much easier than many people try to make it out to be. It can be accomplished by this one simple method.....EAT LESS AND MOVE AROUND MORE!

Losing weight is not an exact sicence and should not have to be a huge burden on the person involved. Simply eating less and exercising more can give the average person huge successes in a weight loss venture. Too many people try to complicate what has to be done to lose weight by creating stupid fad diets or making you give up what you enjoy eating and replacing it with foods you don't like. You can eat everything you like and have success if you simply EAT LESS and EXERCISE MORE.
Well said.
Old 11-16-2009, 05:13 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,544

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tete Dur

Well said.
I was contemplating not going to the gym...thank you for making up my mind!! Headed there right after work!!!!!!!
Old 11-16-2009, 05:15 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,188

Quote:
Originally Posted by SULPHITE View Post
I was contemplating not going to the gym...thank you for making up my mind!! Headed there right after work!!!!!!!
getting ready to jump on the treadmill
Old 12-23-2009, 08:26 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by SULPHITE View Post
I know alot of poeple are intimidated about going to the gym they want to get inshape,before they go. When ever walk into any gym you should be able to find a person who is willing to help you, and answer questions. I was terrified of the gym, cause I was(am) a pewny guy, but once I swallowed my pride and just walked in and showed a little dedication, poeple would come up and make suggestions, help spot me. Everyone asked the same question about what type of foods I eat, and i agree don't stop eating what you enjoy, just eat less and drink alot of WATER. Use a tape and measure yourself, tapes don't lie, scales can be off, or if you are going to weight yourself do it first thing in the morning.
Old 12-23-2009, 08:40 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,554

Agree with the above statements about diets. My mother-in-law is always paying for some fad diet and I always shake my head. Weight loss is pretty straight forward, if you burn more calories than you consume, then you will lose weight. Figure out your ideal calorie intake and then try to stick with it. I used to be big time into lifting and my calorie target was around 2500. Not saying you have to eat nothing but chicken and fruit as you need at least one cheat day per week.

as little rob said - measure your results. whether it be minutes on a treadmill, weight sets, body fat, etc...if you don't measure you don't have a target and won't ever meet your goals.