SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CajunTackle

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 06-17-2011, 04:55 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: -189

I GOTTA SAY THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST DIAGRAMS I HAVE EVER SEEN COME OUT OF THE STOCK PAINT PROGRAM ON YOUR CONPUTER.....u should do one for lake p just make a bridge in the middle with 3 boats tied off to every leg...and some boats in the middle trolling...
Old 06-17-2011, 05:06 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

I'm gonna take some pictures next week from Grand Isle that will blow your mind.
Big Lake fishermen can't comprehend Potlicking till they see what goes on over toward the East.
Old 06-17-2011, 05:25 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
I'm gonna take some pictures next week from Grand Isle that will blow your mind.
Big Lake fishermen can't comprehend Potlicking till they see what goes on over toward the East.
I would have 2 see that... I fished in grand isle about 4 years ago and we waxed the 12 inch trout to death...and never got close to a boat...we were at Some island
Old 06-17-2011, 05:36 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 672

pilgrim means rookie am i correct? lol i know what yall feel like cux i went there a month ago and it was my first time ever fishing in big lake. i launched out of dugas boat landing and had no clue where to go so and what was bad abt that day was the wind picked up so bad out of the blue from the north and waves started to get choppy so i tried to fish in the ship channel cux i didnt even know where to go. i even only have a 16 foot boat but wanted to catch me some speckle trouts so badly end up catching only two near the rocks in the ship channel, and when i caught those two specks 6 boats came out of no where and pulled up around me and throwing in their anchor and i caught nothing so i end up having a worse day for a frist timer fishing big lake... wish i could go back and learn more of where i can fish for specks with my 16 foot boat.
Old 06-17-2011, 05:37 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,978

Sounds like your are a marked man W by the pilgrim nation. It's probably all your Texas podnuhs.

I understand your theory for sure.
Old 06-17-2011, 05:39 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 672

pilgrim means rookie am i correct? lol i know what yall feel like cux i went there a month ago and it was my first time ever fishing in big lake. i launched out of dugas boat landing and had no clue where to go so and what was bad abt that day was the wind picked up so bad out of the blue from the north and waves started to get choppy so i tried to fish in the ship channel cux i didnt even know where to go. i even only have a 16 foot boat but wanted to catch me some speckle trouts so badly end up catching only two near the rocks in the ship channel, and when i caught those two specks 6 boats came out of no where and pulled up around me and throwing in their anchor and i caught nothing so i end up having a worse day for a frist timer fishing big lake... wish i could go back and learn more of where i can fish for specks with my 16 foot boat.
Old 06-17-2011, 05:41 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 809

If I'm fishing and get a hit when a boat is passing close by I don't even set the hook. If they see you catch one its over.
Old 06-17-2011, 05:50 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

They have Pilgrims who have been fishing Big Lake for 20 years.... And limited out on trout 6 times in 20years.... I meet that guy...he said he just looks for boats...... Josh also meet a guy who said he just buys a bunch of shrimp and looks for boats catching trout , then he goes next to them, because they don't own that spot of the lake and he can fish their!!! This is real people
Old 06-17-2011, 05:52 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,604

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGJ View Post
If I'm fishing and get a hit when a boat is passing close by I don't even set the hook. If they see you catch one its over.
That's no lie I do the same shat haha
Old 06-17-2011, 06:21 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

I had a guide boat move in on us the other day. We were the only ones on this small reef and I guess this was one of his spots. Half way through my drift he anchors up upwind about 100 yards and started live shrimpin. Didn't mess me up. Just messed up the chances of me makin another drift.
Old 06-17-2011, 06:51 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 838

If boats role up on you I learned buying a c murder CD for. 99 at a gas station as a joke for a buddy bday present and you put it in your boat CD player to turn up as loud as you can for stubborn guide boats or people who anchor to close while you have been fishing will for sure make them pull up and leave.... huge country music fan but old c murder stays in the boat for the don't know how to be considerate fishing idiots...

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
Old 06-17-2011, 06:58 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullrutt View Post
If boats role up on you I learned buying a c murder CD for. 99 at a gas station as a joke for a buddy bday present and you put it in your boat CD player to turn up as loud as you can for stubborn guide boats or people who anchor to close while you have been fishing will for sure make them pull up and leave.... huge country music fan but old c murder stays in the boat for the don't know how to be considerate fishing idiots...

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
Lol... I have a post where that worked.... Chris R Bonsack and I were smoking the trout and boats were almost tied up to us...I started to get pissed but needed a break..so I found a gangas rap station and hollered Party up in here...put it on 52 volume and they all backed up and some left
Old 06-17-2011, 07:03 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,189

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatdriver View Post
You can just come in downwind plowing and tie right up to me chief.
There is a white blackjack that fishes with you guys, seems like a nice boat. I believe my chances are best when I follow it very closely.
Old 06-17-2011, 07:46 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

Jus follow a Hinie, is that the ticket?
Old 06-17-2011, 08:02 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
Jus follow a Hinie, is that the ticket?
Nope. Just stay in Turner's!
Old 06-17-2011, 10:58 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,763

Point of post is? .....venting? Lol. Eventually w.... There will be more launches for the lake and 2x the amount of boats as now. And while you dislike weekend boaters hitting the water for merely enjoying a beautiful evening.....(caring less if he catches 2 or 100 fish).... U helped create the monster (salty Cajun) that strikes interest in the occasional angler to fish more and draws the attention from anglers near and far. I enjoy the site thoroughly and get a kick out of your post but unless u purchase the lake and set a grandfather law (per say ..... If u never fished big lake b4 ?? 1990??? .... Gonna have to learn to live with 3" bulging veins.
Old 06-17-2011, 11:01 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,717
Lmfao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Kahunaz View Post
Point of post is? .....venting? Lol. Eventually w.... There will be more launches for the lake and 2x the amount of boats as now. And while you dislike weekend boaters hitting the water for merely enjoying a beautiful evening.....(caring less if he catches 2 or 100 fish).... U helped create the monster (salty Cajun) that strikes interest in the occasional angler to fish more and draws the attention from anglers near and far. I enjoy the site thoroughly and get a kick out of your post but unless u purchase the lake and set a grandfather law (per say ..... If u never fished big lake b4 ?? 1990??? .... Gonna have to learn to live with 3" bulging veins.
And thats all folks!
Old 06-17-2011, 11:24 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Kahunaz View Post

BOOM
Old 06-17-2011, 11:37 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
I have been surf fishing the beach at fourchon catching fish from the second bar back towards the beach and have had folks wade right thru the fish to get out to me so they could catch too.
Old 06-18-2011, 01:04 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,464

I have fished Big Lake 4 times now and I have lived in Lake Charles nearly all my life but I can promise yall you will not see my 15' boat rollin up in the middle of any groups. I have fished fresh water alot and have learned the spots just like I will Big Lake and thats with time, so if you see my little boat sinkin all I ask is someone come get me cause I aint afraid of the wind or waves and I fish almost everyday I am off and thats a few things that make me diff then all the other pilgrams.