SaltyCajun.com http://www.lyonsagency.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 05-31-2012, 09:17 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,286
Default Need Cocodrie Advice in a small boat

Heading to Coco marina next fri, sat & sunday with the 2 kids and my wife. I have a 16' aluminum and need a few places close in to catch a few trout and reds. Wish I had a rig to make it out to last island.

Any advice will be appreciated
Big ND Fan
Old 05-31-2012, 09:28 PM
BIG MOUTH BASS!

Cash: 5,913

I went friday in my boat didn't do too good inshore, if you fish the marsh for reds you should do good, but if you can get toward some rigs out in the gulf you should catch some specks. I fished one rig Saturday toward timbalier islands and caught fish after fish, non stop! went into lake boudreaux and caught reds north end of the lake, you will catch on live shrimp too!
Old 05-31-2012, 09:40 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 646
Default small boat

fish bayou sale area you sould do good 10min boat ride to get to bayou sale from coco marina.
Old 06-01-2012, 08:05 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Fish all the marsh ponds, look for grass and throw a 1/4 oz gold spoon, bang the banks for them reds. You can get your limit. Specks on the othere hand will be further out and might be to much of a run for an 16' aluminum hull. Also if you want to keep the kids happy tip a jig head with some dead shrimp and fish around any structure you see, docks, pilings, oyster reefs and you can catch some drum and sheephead. Fish it on the bottom or with a cork right up against the structures.
Old 06-01-2012, 08:23 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488

Not sure how old your kids are, but they may have more fun at Coco! They have installed a pool and water games and really made the place nice. You can get in the Houma Nav, turn right, then travel a north and look on the west side of the canal for small openings into the marsh. Most have dead cypress tress sticking up, but all hold tons of redfish and a few flounder. Key in on the sandy banks for flounder. Specks will be under birds in open water right now, but will be short fish unless you get out past Lake Pelto. Good Luck!
Old 06-01-2012, 08:54 AM
Redfish

Cash: 909

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp snorkler View Post
Fish all the marsh ponds, look for grass and throw a 1/4 oz gold spoon, bang the banks for them reds. You can get your limit. Specks on the othere hand will be further out and might be to much of a run for an 16' aluminum hull. Also if you want to keep the kids happy tip a jig head with some dead shrimp and fish around any structure you see, docks, pilings, oyster reefs and you can catch some drum and sheephead. Fish it on the bottom or with a cork right up against the structures.
Did this last Sat with three kids using corks.
They caught croaker non-stop and had a blast...
course, I didn't get to fish cause I was constantly baitin hooks
Old 06-01-2012, 08:57 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,995

If its calm you might be able to venture out to the near platforms in the bay just keep an eye out for weather and you should be fine.. Goodluck and give us a report.
Old 06-02-2012, 01:02 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 603

I went trout fishing with my sister and dad, out of Cocodrie. My dad was driving the boat, so I have no clue where the spots are, but here's a video of our catch!

Old 06-02-2012, 06:28 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 838

Sea breeze has trout an it's nothing to run to those islands from Coco...
Old 06-03-2012, 10:30 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,286
Default Cocodrie

Thanks for all the tips.

Coco Marina is great for the family. Fish early & late and let the kids swim during the day.

I need to look at a map of the area again. I have never been to Lake Boudreaux or know where Bayou Sale and Sea Breeze are.

Big ND Fan
Old 06-04-2012, 01:27 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,245

Launch at the marina at the end of the road. Hit the lake just across from the boat launch it has tons of oyster bed markers in it. We caught several reds in there yesterday. Saturday we fished lake boudreaux and picked up several reds and 6 specks which was a supprise. You can also try the houma navagational cannal it typacally holds reds.
Old 06-04-2012, 03:52 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by big nd fan View Post
Thanks for all the tips.

Coco Marina is great for the family. Fish early & late and let the kids swim during the day.

I need to look at a map of the area again. I have never been to Lake Boudreaux or know where Bayou Sale and Sea Breeze are.

Big ND Fan
Lake Boudreaux is further up the bayou from Cocodrie. You launch on the left right after you cross the first bridge over LA56 in Chauvin. Come back up the bayou and cross under the bridge that you crossed over in your boat, that puts you in Boudreaux Canal which is a straight run to Lake Boudreaux, It's a nice run from Cocodrie. The sea Breeze is the mouth of Bayou Terrebonne where it runs out of Montegut. Bayou Sale runs from Bayou Little Caillou to to the Sea Breeze area
Old 06-04-2012, 04:01 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,460

I fish Coco drie alot. You can take a small boat and go up bayou Sale If you had some maps you can get into Mangrove bay from Bayou Sale and head south that will take you to the gulf and still be protected by the marsh if you need to duck in quickly. Its a long boat ride in a smaller boat. There are tons of places to fish for reds. You need to get toward the gulf to catch the specs though.