SaltyCajun.com http://cajunrodandreelrepair.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 12-15-2012, 04:50 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,245
Default Chance it or not

Went run the pro drive today looking for ducks. I found a hole with about 75 in it. The issue is the island between the river and the land is state land. They have a bay on the back side of the island and the land on the other side of the bay is a hunting club. The bay is not marked either way on the state land map. I have talked to several people and have answers both ways bay is state bay belongs to hunting club. I have also talked to someone and was told they were run out of there being threatened a few years ago. Im at the point that I want some green heads bad. And it has been a while since I have had to woop some ones *** over a duck hole. Think I'm going to hunt it. So what would you do? Give me a few minutes and I will post an areal of the situation.
Old 12-15-2012, 05:07 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:
Originally Posted by latravcha View Post
Went run the pro drive today looking for ducks. I found a hole with about 75 in it. The issue is the island between the river and the land is state land. They have a bay on the back side of the island and the land on the other side of the bay is a hunting club. The bay is not marked either way on the state land map. I have talked to several people and have answers both ways bay is state bay belongs to hunting club. I have also talked to someone and was told they were run out of there being threatened a few years ago. Im at the point that I want some green heads bad. And it has been a while since I have had to woop some ones *** over a duck hole. Think I'm going to hunt it. So what would you do? Give me a few minutes and I will post an areal of the situation.
If you post an aerial photo of public land where you saw ducks in Louisiana you WILL have company from now on

A couple possiblities:

1. The hunters may just be harassing people even though its public (see Catahoula Lake and any MS River clubs)

2. The people that are saying they were ran off may just be saying that to keep you out (I may have even done before because public duck holes are truly sacred)

3. It is private

4. It is a public body of water with lots of ducks that no one knows about (There are greater odds that "W" wins a slam dunk contest against LeBron James than this:*****
Old 12-15-2012, 05:36 PM
Red Snapper

Never said no one knows about it. As far as I know,no one knows it is holding ducks right now. They have one blind there and no shells floating or sunk also no shell on the edge of the woods.

If I did post an areal it would be so close no one could tell where it was at. I know no one on this sit would recognize where it was at.
Old 12-16-2012, 03:36 AM
Kyocera Dealer

Cash: 1,526

Hunt it!!!
Old 12-16-2012, 08:53 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,541

If you want check you local parish or state gis site. Here in calcasieu you can got to the local police jury site, look at the gis mapping and it will give you the name of the person who pays taxes on the land. If it isn't mark then it is free to hunt.
Old 12-16-2012, 02:07 PM
Red Snapper

Hunted it and limited out by 745. Going to hit again in the morning