SaltyCajun.com http://www.matrixshad.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 02-04-2016, 06:19 PM
Redfish

Cash: 623

Here's the bottom line: Behavior on this site has caused money that could have gone to one guide to be deposited in another guide's bank account. Period.

Do what you want with that information.

If this site wasn't a valuable booking resource, then guides wouldn't put their contact information on every post.

All I'm saying is that it may be wise to consider how you present yourself to potential clients. Positive, informative and helpful = good. Negative, petty, insecure, and defensive ... even while having "fun" ... at someone else's expense = not so good.

But, as I said, do what you want ....
Old 02-04-2016, 06:59 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
Here's the bottom line: Behavior on this site has caused money that could have gone to one guide to be deposited in another guide's bank account. Period.

If this site wasn't a valuable booking resource, then guides wouldn't put their contact information on every post.

All I'm saying is that it may be wise to consider how you present yourself to potential clients. Positive, informative and helpful = good. Negative, petty, insecure, and defensive ... even while having "fun" ... at someone else's expense = not so good.

You have proof of that ?

I actually have about off my head 20 customers that are on here and pick up a few extras every year

People don't book guides because of Internet fishing forms I promise you that 110%

I have customers who fish with other guides and vice verse

Like I said before 99.99% of any guides business comes from word of mouth not saltycajun.

I been here since day 1 and nothing has changed
If your opinion is to book another guide like I said I will gladly give you a list who I think is best for your needs if you would like ! ( yes I would help you making zero off of it to get you booked with a great guide )

If most are like me we all have a contact log of customers and 1st thing I always as a new customers is how did you hear about me
And it's always from a friend or family member who fished with me ...

Saltycajun is not for thin skin fisherman!!

When I stop getting same customers year after year then I need to worry about what other think until then ,
Thanks for your opinion but I'm going to keep doing me ... Because it's me who my customers come to fish with !!

When people fish with me or chris they always have a good time even when fishing sucks ..

Like I always say ; you get what you pay for !!!

Same goes with Hunting , inshore or offshore
You can't make everyone like you or love you !

Not every guide on lake gets along but most respect each other and it has to take a real bad one to lose that

And I'm sure there are a few who don't like me as same as me not liking them but for the most part we still hold respect on the water.

( I will give you this bonus coverage )
There is a guy on here and he may or may not say who he is but if he reads this he will know right away !
He hated me on here because I would have fun and mess some with Texans , he got invited to come on a guided trip by a friend of his with me .
After the trip he said man I really didn't think i would like your short *** .... And now we're good friends and he send customers to me all the time !!

So don't always judge a book by the cover because you might actually like what's inside !!

We'll have a busy next 3 days on the water so take care !!
Old 02-04-2016, 07:10 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 919

Haha, keep assuming you know everything about everyone. Believe me I don't have half the touch of hipocrit you have going for you. You call me a hater for giving you a very slight dose of your own medicine. You can give it but one post thrown your way. Your pm me to meet you at the dock. You have skin as thick as a green wing teal. Let's make w his own section. Well call it the hen house or the powder room so he can hate to his hearts content. There's no key boards at the boat launch.
Old 02-04-2016, 07:14 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 919

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post

Exactly, I have a bachelor party planned later this year out of Heberts. Where hiring guides for three days 12 people. That's a lot of money. I won't even try to contest your ability as a fisherman. I planned on using your service even looked forward to finally meeting you, but I don't rub elbows or spend a lot of men's hard earned money with hipocrits. We will find an alternative. There are much more respectable guides on the lake
Old 02-04-2016, 07:26 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallard matt View Post
Exactly, I have a bachelor party planned later this year out of Heberts. Where hiring guides for three days 12 people. That's a lot of money. I won't even try to contest your ability as a fisherman. I planned on using your service even looked forward to finally meeting you, but I don't rub elbows or spend a lot of men's hard earned money with hipocrits. We will find an alternative. There are much more respectable guides on the lake
I can tell you right now yo better get on the horn if your planing on getting a good set of guides for 3 days in a row

Because most of us sucky guides don't have 3 days open in a row after April till October
Old 02-04-2016, 08:27 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

It's Feb. Not much going on, except for the guides.

I'll be out sometime and post some reports, but there's always more talk than action in the winter.
Old 02-04-2016, 08:39 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,728

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454636267.896910.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-04-2016, 08:39 PM
Flounder

Cash: 815

Quote:
Originally Posted by W's DADDY View Post
Go get em' JR!!
Mr W Daddy,
So, what part of TEXAS are from there fella?
Sincerely,
Hoss
Old 02-04-2016, 08:40 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,238

If you hate this place so much, feel free to start your own site.
Old 02-04-2016, 09:17 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Saltycajun in Feb is like Tigerdroppings during the summer lol

Cold weather have those feeling getting hurt

Ol Matt wants us "guides" to give him coordinates and tell him where we are fishing so he don't have to work or put countless hours on the water like we do !

He is probably voting for Bernnie Sanders !!
Old 02-04-2016, 09:30 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 628

I still can't understand why some people get so irritated with what people post. I always try to explain to others that I go fishing and hunting because it is hobby and a privilege to do so. Who cares what other people catch or the pictures they post or w/e. Personally, I just love being in the outdoors and every trip is a memory and joy regardless of what i catch or bag. Sometimes i may end up with a mess, other times i may get skunked, but every time I am out there I enjoy the hell out of it and learn something.
Old 02-04-2016, 10:47 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,939

Ha, this happens every year in Febuary...cant hunt...cant fish...people get bent up and whamo! Its a train wreck, you know its coming but cant look away.
Old 02-04-2016, 11:23 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,460

Plenty fish in the water. Just gotta grind em out. I love winter fishing. Wake up later and can fish all day without getting a heat stroke.
But that's just me.

Y'all have fun. Maybe this thread can go to 20 pages.
Old 02-04-2016, 11:26 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,584

sometimes you boys act like junior varsity cheerleaders..........
Old 02-04-2016, 11:29 PM
The Camp Cook....

Cash: 13,826

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishin i was fishin View Post
Ha, this happens every year in Febuary...cant hunt...cant fish...people get bent up and whamo! Its a train wreck, you know its coming but cant look away.
Yes, you are correct. Same time, same place, same channel.
Old 02-04-2016, 11:37 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepeddler View Post
sometimes you boys act like junior varsity cheerleaders..........
B*+€hy or horny?
Old 02-05-2016, 12:08 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluechip View Post
Yes, you are correct. Same time, same place, same channel.
Got up to use bathroom ...
Said let me check on the hater Aid post lol
You know you love this time of year
Old 02-05-2016, 08:31 AM
Redfish

Cash: 419

I seriously question the maturity of any individual that takes anything W says (that is unrelating to a fishing report, mind you) for more than what it is: a grain of salt.

Actually, it isn't their maturity I question, but rather their intelligence.

Guys, it's sometimes hard to determine tone and other subtleties on the internet. If you can't keep up, don't let everyone know that, because then there's no doubt you'll get slaughtered on here.

Honestly, it's hilarious to me every time a troll handle gets on here and so many people don't realize it...entertaining for sure.
Old 02-05-2016, 09:07 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,003

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonikoddity View Post
I seriously question the maturity of any individual that takes anything W says (that is unrelating to a fishing report, mind you) for more than what it is: a grain of salt.

Actually, it isn't their maturity I question, but rather their intelligence.

Guys, it's sometimes hard to determine tone and other subtleties on the internet. If you can't keep up, don't let everyone know that, because then there's no doubt you'll get slaughtered on here.

Honestly, it's hilarious to me every time a troll handle gets on here and so many people don't realize it...entertaining for sure.
Best Piece of advice ever on the internets! Mallard Matt please read this!
Old 02-05-2016, 09:17 AM
Ling

Cash: 505

Truthfully Mallard Matt You have been on here since 2009 and only have 260 posts. but i bet you read every single report thats ever posted. That is 100% the reason why i no longer post reports. You will have 800 views of your report but have 3 comments and usually those comments are always from the same ppl. There are too many ppl like you just lurking around looking for crumbs to snatch!