SaltyCajun.com http://www.gclendingservices.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 04-08-2014, 06:21 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,347

the erosion ive seen in the 20 something years around the 9 mile area and steam engine is massive. my friend even started rebuilding commissary point since he was loosing so much land. (got in trouble by the corps) but got the job done. dredging is so bad for everything except the millionaires pockets.

we need to start something, specifically for big lake. something like the "save our lake" idea. make a board where votes had to be cast in order to change something! haha yea right.
Old 04-08-2014, 06:25 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

We need for sure some rocks on steam engine area and old super cut area... losing land fast fast

.... I have some marks from the island by steam engine that were close to land and now they are football field or more from land

This is only in 7 years
Old 04-08-2014, 06:27 AM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckingFastard View Post
the erosion ive seen in the 20 something years around the 9 mile area and steam engine is massive. my friend even started rebuilding commissary point since he was loosing so much land. (got in trouble by the corps) but got the job done. dredging is so bad for everything except the millionaires pockets.

we need to start something, specifically for big lake. something like the "save our lake" idea. make a board where votes had to be cast in order to change something! haha yea right.

Be ready for a battle.
Old 04-08-2014, 06:29 AM
Red Snapper

i wish we could. make a board who share the common interest of the people instead of the industries. andddd of course ALWAYS show scientific proof!
Old 04-08-2014, 06:37 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty View Post
Be ready for a battle.
Not really

If the same ones who pushed the 15trout limit would push for more rocks along ship channel we will get it

But but but.... I'm sure they have not been on the water to notice the land loss.
They push rules from the office

With the exception of Will who does fish, but Will has to even see the erosion
Old 04-08-2014, 06:42 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty View Post
Open dredging was almost the ruination of Lake Pontchartrain. Thus, the "Save Our Lake" Foundation.
Except it was dredged for clam shells.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:41 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,216

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
We need for sure some rocks on steam engine area and old super cut area... losing land fast fast

.... I have some marks from the island by steam engine that were close to land and now they are football field or more from land

This is only in 7 years

Still holding fish??????

Tip of the day
Old 04-08-2014, 08:17 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 866

blame it on will drost
Old 04-08-2014, 08:31 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

Rocks are coming, can't tell anyone when but they are coming. From mile 10-14 is the biggest problem depth wise on the lower part of channel and moss lake on northern stretch. Rocks south would actually save millions of $$ in dredge resources, its a no brainier but we are sealing with a govt entity. Have been in several meetings where someone from Washington suggests pumping dredge spoil into lake. I have many stories similar to that one in a few short years of involvement.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:51 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
Rocks are coming, can't tell anyone when but they are coming. From mile 10-14 is the biggest problem depth wise on the lower part of channel and moss lake on northern stretch. Rocks south would actually save millions of $$ in dredge resources, its a no brainier but we are sealing with a govt entity. Have been in several meetings where someone from Washington suggests pumping dredge spoil into lake. I have many stories similar to that one in a few short years of involvement.

all good but how long until this happens?? When Islands are gone or long point is just a straight line
Old 04-08-2014, 09:59 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 685

I have fished Sabine Lake and the surronding marshes all my life. I' ve been guiding on it for 18 years. Sabine Lake without a doubt has an abundant amount of natural flowing esturies which in return provides an abundance of bait. I 100% agree with everyone about wiers. Weirs equal poor man made controlled water structures only with the intent of improving a rich man's duck marsh. In Fact, on Sabine there is a weir established for that which everyone in the area has seen the results. What is so interesting is that before man controlled the water on this weir, we use to catch all the shrimp and crabs you wanted. Now it is intentionaly closed during the spring and no shrimp or crabs can enter the marsh. Intended to hold fresh water for ducks. Hello if you want widgeon grass in your marsh, you need some salt! Ducks dont eat cattails and lily pads! I feel yall pain. There has been talk about putting weirs on Sabine, if thats the case we will be screwed. If it wouldn' be for Texas supporting Sabine we would be hurting also. Texas stocks redfish and flounder every year. They also will not let one of the biggest oyster reefs on the coast to be dredged. Thank you, Texas. Louisiana you will never have help unless you are a rich man!!!
Old 04-08-2014, 10:10 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trahrob1 View Post
I have fished Sabine Lake and the surronding marshes all my life. I' ve been guiding on it for 18 years. Sabine Lake without a doubt has an abundant amount of natural flowing esturies which in return provides an abundance of bait. I 100% agree with everyone about wiers. Weirs equal poor man made controlled water structures only with the intent of improving a rich man's duck marsh. In Fact, on Sabine there is a weir established for that which everyone in the area has seen the results. What is so interesting is that before man controlled the water on this weir, we use to catch all the shrimp and crabs you wanted. Now it is intentionaly closed during the spring and no shrimp or crabs can enter the marsh. Intended to hold fresh water for ducks. Hello if you want widgeon grass in your marsh, you need some salt! Ducks dont eat cattails and lily pads! I feel yall pain. There has been talk about putting weirs on Sabine, if thats the case we will be screwed. If it wouldn' be for Texas supporting Sabine we would be hurting also. Texas stocks redfish and flounder every year. They also will not let one of the biggest oyster reefs on the coast to be dredged. Thank you, Texas. Louisiana you will never have help unless you are a rich man!!!
Well said .....Well said
Old 04-08-2014, 10:20 AM
Red Snapper

agreed and its sad
Old 04-08-2014, 10:30 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

If I could do it....this would be ideal
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (46.1 KB, 432 views)
Old 04-08-2014, 10:33 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 9,671

Cca is there and has the means to do it...just who do u have to inspire to get it done??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-08-2014, 10:50 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadams View Post
Cca is there and has the means to do it...just who do u have to inspire to get it done??

but Hey ...we got a reef with buoys ... that cost almost a million dollars
Old 04-08-2014, 10:52 AM
Flounder

Cash: 589

Quote:
Originally Posted by trahrob1 View Post
Louisiana you will never have help unless you are a rich man!!!

I'm afraid this is becoming true of much of our states hunting and fishing. Lease prices are sky high, and oil companies are buying up hunting land at prices that most people could never afford! And now there are fishing leases! Being an outdoorsman in sportsman's paradise is becoming a rich mans past time.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:00 AM
Redfish

Cash: 1,632

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadams View Post

Why wouldn't big industry in Lake Charlse that bring ships up and down ship channel be some what responsible for erosion and want to help?

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-08-2014, 11:03 AM
Ling

Cash: 5,600

Quote:
Originally Posted by neus View Post
I'm afraid this is becoming true of much of our states hunting and fishing. Lease prices are sky high, and oil companies are buying up hunting land at prices that most people could never afford! And now there are fishing leases! Being an outdoorsman in sportsman's paradise is becoming a rich mans past time.

True and it's a damn shame

Spiral Out
Old 04-08-2014, 11:13 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 9,671

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjqx View Post
Why wouldn't big industry in Lake Charlse that bring ships up and down ship channel be some what responsible for erosion and want to help?

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

I'm sure they would but u need an organization such as cca to lean on em.....they got a limit changed w no scientific data... Surely they can talk big business into doin a tax write off.... Everyone wins cca looks like a hero. Port writes it off... Fisherman preserve their lake