SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlestackle.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 08-25-2014, 07:11 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 623
Default V Bay 8/24

This is my first report so don't kill me if I leave it short. I took three colleagues out yesterday afternoon. My neighbor told me that they are killing the reds and Specs at the mouth of Fresh Water Bayou. I have never fished there but figured I would give it a shot, so we headed to Intracoastal. Stopped at Young's Grocery for Shrimp and they had none. Since two of the guys with me have never fished before I figured going without something stinky that required little work would be a bad idea. Plan changed to go catch bait then head to SW pass, it was only 1:00 and the tide was running out starting around 3. We hit the big weir on marsh island and bait was plentiful. I was tempted to stay and catch 25 lbs of shrimp. It wouldn't have taken long but the size was mixed and we had fish to catch. I went strait to a spot I have caught before on the far west side in the mouth of the pass. We dropped anchor and within 5 minutes has the 1st spec in the boat. I spend most of my time working bird nests, re-stringing, re-rigging and putting fish on the ruler but the guys had a blast. I had a chance to throw a few plastics (purple and char queen Cocahoe with char head, 3 different vudu shrimp) and they were biting them all. I haven't counted but I think we finished with about 25 or 30 specs all 12-14". Threw way more back. We caught a lot of sand/white trout too but I wasn't sure on the size restrictions do those so they went back as well. Two other boats showed up while we were there. One kept a good distance the other quietly trolled a safe distance away and was casting very close to where we were casting, but in no way affecting our fishing. We were pulling something up on almost every cast and I didn't see them land a single fish. I felt bad for them, that had to suck. They looked defeated.

If the tide and the weather allows I may have to do it again this week without the supporting cast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-25-2014, 07:17 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Nothing wrong with that! Keep em coming.

Any pics?
Old 08-25-2014, 07:37 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,710

Awesome
Old 08-25-2014, 12:31 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,763

Next time is you catch sand trout keep them. There is no size or creel limit. You can keep anything you catch. Good report.
Old 08-25-2014, 12:36 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,686

Quote:
Originally Posted by I make oil View Post
Next time is you catch sand trout keep them. There is no size or creel limit. You can keep anything you catch. Good report.
Keep them if you plan on eating them fresh. They get mushy and don't freeze well. Can't tell the difference if you eat them fresh.
Old 08-25-2014, 09:02 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,752

Great trip. It sure is fun when you get on them like that