SaltyCajun.com http://www.angler-products.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 03-08-2012, 02:35 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,864
Question Headed to Disney in Fall -- Help!

Ok, all you Disney Fanatics. I am headed to WDW with my wife, 2 daughters (5&2) and my maw and paw in law in late October. We are flying from Houston.

Looking for suggestions on resorts on WDW property. Would like good and bad reviews of places you have personally stayed.

Other helpful info would be appreciated, too,

TIA,

Latt
Old 03-08-2012, 05:49 AM
Ling

Cash: 562

Just there two weeks ago. We stayed at the polynesian resort. Awesum!!! Two pools and a private beach plus the monorail runs through it !! Killer killer!!! Pack u sum patience cus ya gonna need it lol
Old 03-08-2012, 06:03 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

Quote:
Originally Posted by speckdaddy View Post
Just there two weeks ago. We stayed at the polynesian resort. Awesum!!! Two pools and a private beach plus the monorail runs through it !! Killer killer!!! Pack u sum patience cus ya gonna need it lol
Stayed there already. The place is amazing! They had some nice eye candy working there when I went. Better than Target on a Saturday afternoon!!!!!!! Stay away from the "It's a Small World" ride. I've never came so close to drowning myself!
Old 03-08-2012, 06:10 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

I told my wife the only way i would ever go there is for Mardi Gras when the crowds are light. I don't like being around a big group of people i don't know.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:26 AM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp snorkler View Post
I told my wife the only way i would ever go there is for Mardi Gras when the crowds are light. I don't like being around a big group of people i don't know.
Dude i was there that week!!! Omg!! I thought louisiana followed us. Along with nascar fans, and the all star nba game. Dude it was insane!!! Saw a lil girl scream so much and so long she passed out, dads pissed n walkin out da parks, old men cussin at vendors. Omg never ever again at dat time o year
Old 03-08-2012, 07:20 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 10,192

My bro in law took his family the day after Christmas till after new years. Saw pics and was speechless, I could walk across the heads of all the people like I was walking down the road.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:02 AM
Ling

Cash: 4,851

I have a buddy that has gone 29 times in 30 years, his advice is to go in august after school starts, best deals and least amount of people
Old 03-08-2012, 08:17 AM
Swordfish

Quote:
Dude i was there that week!!! Omg!! I thought louisiana followed us. Along with nascar fans, and the all star nba game. Dude it was insane!!! Saw a lil girl scream so much and so long she passed out, dads pissed n walkin out da parks, old men cussin at vendors. Omg never ever again at dat time o year

well, maybe we'll just go to cedar point instead, I never really wanted to go to WDW
Old 03-08-2012, 08:59 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,382

My family has been many times and I suggest staying in one of the all star resorts to save money. After a day in the parks your beat and just pass out soon as you get and to get up and do it again. Make sure you buy park hopper tickets so you can hit one in the am then another after a nap! Have fun
Old 03-08-2012, 09:05 AM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,320

Been several times.

We went for Mardi Gras a few years back and the parks were empty except for Louisiana folks. GREAT time. Stayed at a Disney affiliated motel.

Been 2 times and brought camper. Love Fort Wilderness. They have cabins there. You can take a boat to the Magic Kingdom from there.

Went last year Dec 15 - 21, I think. Stayed at the All Star Movies. They have family suites. There were 4 adults and a 5 year old.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:06 AM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,320

Check these sites, very helpful people there

http://www.disboards.com/

http://allears.net/index.html
Old 03-08-2012, 09:06 AM
Flounder

Cash: 630

went 2 years ago and stayed at the wilderness campground in one of the cabins. Very nice and no crowd like the resorts. Boat ride straight to Magic kingdom. Rented a golf cart and drove around at night looking at deer.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:28 AM
Ling

Cash: 2,086

We went jan 15-20.... No crowds ... Longest we waited for a ride was 20 min.
It was nice; weather was great.
Can't help ya on the resort we stayed at my aunts condo in Kissimmee.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:40 AM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Chuck Duck View Post
My bro in law took his family the day after Christmas till after new years. Saw pics and was speechless, I could walk across the heads of all the people like I was walking down the road.
This is the pic from this past new years from my brother in law.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg disney.JPG (156.9 KB, 158 views)
Old 03-08-2012, 11:14 AM
Swordfish

My little boy has ADHD, before last summer his Dr. asked if we were going to Disney World because if so she would write a script to get a pass to cut the lines.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:24 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,554

Quote:
We stayed there as well. IMO, it's a little dated, but the staff, in typical Disney fashion, was outstanding. Staying on site is the only way to go as they treat you like royalty. During the summer the park stays open until 2:00am for resort guests and the late hours were great as the park is wide open. I think I rode Pirates of the Carribean 10 times in a row with my 3 year old...
Old 03-08-2012, 11:31 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

Dont know if they still do it ,but if so get the park hopper pass. It allows you to go from park to park and also it allowed us to get in the parks a half hour earlier than the general public. we stayed at the orleans and enjoyed not needing a vehicle.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:09 PM
Swordfish

My bro in law said something about fast passes. If you get there early you can get a "fast pass". He said they didnt have to wait in any lines.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:12 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Chuck Duck View Post
My bro in law said something about fast passes. If you get there early you can get a "fast pass". He said they didnt have to wait in any lines.
Ya get a fastpass but you cannot get another fast pass till ya use the one ya got or it expires
Old 03-08-2012, 01:30 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

When we went we booked 7 days on site and flights thru travel agent. flew from br to orlando. disney shuttle picked us up at airport and took us to the orleans. Then shuttle took us back to airport after our 7 days..
The way our deal was set up you could go anywhere on disney property at any time.
Only thing they didn't have back then was the meal deals . now you can buy a package for your meals on property.