SaltyCajun.com lake area banner

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 06-19-2013, 03:25 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,535

I can understand not going out of state if you are only going to save 300-400, but I saved well over 2500. If the folks in Texas can sell a truck for that price, why not the dealers in Louisiana, they both pay the same amount for the truck?

I think some of the huge Texas dealers have a very small profit margin and rely on kickback from the manufacturer for shear numbers of cars sold. There are probably some dealers in Louisiana that do the same thing, I just happened to find an incredible deal in Texas.

What I liked most about my transaction in Texas was that the truck was advertised online with the exact purchase price - not MSRP and then a bunch of BS haggling. I called the dealership, asked them if they still had the truck, confirmed the price and picked it up the next morning. I don't know why more dealers don't use the internet for straight up pricing instead of pizzing people off with BS haggling and a salesman that has to run go get his manager every time he wants to give a price. Car salesman will one day be a thing of the past. I don't begrudge anyone making a living, but if they don't have the authority to actually quote a price, why bother. I think in the future you will see more and more dealerships using the business model of very few salesmen and far more internet marketing.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:22 PM
Flounder

Cash: 566

Quote:
Originally Posted by nozediver View Post
Get the name right buddy. I sell cars for a living and I have been doing it for 15 years and loves my job everyday its not a glamorous job but it pays the bill. Its people like you that make me sick. B*tch and moan over $300-$400..take your money out of state to save a few bucks. I understand completely its your money but those out of state business does nothing for Louisiana. They take your money and could give a rats a** about what happens to you, because chances are they will never hear from or see you again. There is a thing call service after the sales, when was the last time you had car trouble and had to bring it in for repair? Ofcourse the dealer will fix you car because they have too but if you had need a car to go run errands, back to work, etc... Where was the people you had bought your vehicle from? Were they there to take care of you? My point in this whole thing is..Is the service after the sales..10-15 years of ownership worth the extra? To my loyal customer it is...I pick up their vehicles and give them a vehicle to drive while their is in service.
I don't complain over 3-4 hundred dollars. But when I can save a few thousand, I will. I have to look out for my $. No one else does..."Buddy".
Old 06-19-2013, 05:09 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

I deliver oem auto parts. Guess what more an more of the ford parts are now labeled?
Made in Korea.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:10 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
I deliver oem auto parts. Guess what more an more of the ford parts are now labeled?
Made in Korea.
Say it ain't so!