SaltyCajun.com http://www.matrixshad.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 11-27-2014, 08:03 PM
Redfish

Cash: 712

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
What about looking at the weather, salinity, guage height and tide predictions?
Yes I do look at all of the above mentioned. Just not here
Old 11-27-2014, 08:07 PM
Redfish

Cash: 712

Quote:
Originally Posted by AubreyLaHaye458 View Post
Marque posts more reports and more informational reports than most people on this site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We'll he seemed butt hurt after a comment that had nothing to do with him.
Old 11-27-2014, 09:57 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,939

You guys have to remember V bay is a BIG place. I put 60 miles a trip on my boat in the summer running to the pass and outside. You basically have to pick a direction and commit to it. You are not gonna fish the east side of marsh island then run to redfish point to see if anything is there.

After the "conditions check" it is nice to know a bit more detail. I have actually learned a great deal from this site and also met some great people. I don't expect to find coordinates or anything like that, im looking for a pattern of what worked.

A few things i have learned about v bay:
1.Someone, somewhere is catching fish. Somedays its you, somedays its not.
2.Even though you caught em here yesterday doesn't mean they will be there today.

Its disappointing to know that people will do a BS posts but this is the internet after all..
Old 11-27-2014, 09:57 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,563

Quote:
You forgot to mention green hornet matrix shad, grab it glove, K2 and freezer blocks

C'mon don't tease Capt Marty. He's just a business man. And apparently a damn good one if companies are throwing product his way.

I've fished with him and he is a great guide. His reports a very informative and descriptive. I like reading them. It's better than just a photo with some dude's s just standing there not even smiling. Pah!
Old 11-27-2014, 10:49 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishin i was fishin View Post
You guys have to remember V bay is a BIG place. I put 60 miles a trip on my boat in the summer running to the pass and outside. You basically have to pick a direction and commit to it. You are not gonna fish the east side of marsh island then run to redfish point to see if anything is there.

After the "conditions check" it is nice to know a bit more detail. I have actually learned a great deal from this site and also met some great people. I don't expect to find coordinates or anything like that, im looking for a pattern of what worked.

2.Even though you caught em here yesterday doesn't mean they will be there today.

Its disappointing to know that people will do a BS posts but this is the internet after all..
Very true. Follow your gut instinct, It's usually there because the information you've accumulated is pointing you there... Thinking too much will usually end up in you talking yourself out of a spot that your gut is telling you to hit.

The bay is so large it can be overwhelming when it's looked at as a whole, make a game plan and only change if your anticipated conditions change drastically.

I've talked myself out of hitting a spot a few times this year and have been within a half mile of limits that were caught by people I know on here - I left with 2 trout... My exact thought was if they aren't on right here there is no way they are biting any different over there, but my gut told to go try...
Old 11-28-2014, 12:27 PM
Redfish

Cash: 581

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishin i was fishin View Post

As much as I agree with Marque about how frustrating it is that any decent "report" thread will get about 2,000 views and almost not comments (that's one of my biggest frustrations too), you just hit the nail on the head about the BS posts. There's a few of the guys on this site that I see out there fishing. If they fish outside of the pass, they'll post a report showing what they caught at Weeks Bay. If they fish at Weeks, they'll post a report about the west side of the bay. And they'll even lie about the bait and the depth. Even though I can't stand the potlickers who are just on here for free info without anything to contribute, the BS posts are even worse. I hate that I have to be a weekend warrior, but with a demanding job and kids at home, there's only a little time for fishing. I'd like to know that my fellow fishermen are not trying to send me on a wild goose chase, and then I'll get on after the trip and pay it forward to the next guy with an informative post. There's plenty of fish out there.
Old 11-28-2014, 01:56 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,271

You can't blame people for not putting where they caught fish and what they caught on, because the next day there will be 50 boats there because they read it online. As long as the report includes the actual body of water of where they fished is good enough for me. I should be able to locate the fish once I'm on the water.

Old 11-28-2014, 02:20 PM
Ling

Cash: 5,600

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeff31787 View Post
You can't blame people for not putting where they caught fish and what they caught on, because the next day there will be 50 boats there because they read it online. As long as the report includes the actual body of water of where they fished is good enough for me. I should be able to locate the fish once I'm on the water.

Yep. Don't fish ghost. Or ghost reef for that matter.

Always follow your gut.
Old 11-28-2014, 04:32 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by legallimits View Post
As much as I agree with Marque about how frustrating it is that any decent "report" thread will get about 2,000 views and almost not comments (that's one of my biggest frustrations too), you just hit the nail on the head about the BS posts. There's a few of the guys on this site that I see out there fishing. If they fish outside of the pass, they'll post a report showing what they caught at Weeks Bay. If they fish at Weeks, they'll post a report about the west side of the bay. And they'll even lie about the bait and the depth. Even though I can't stand the potlickers who are just on here for free info without anything to contribute, the BS posts are even worse. I hate that I have to be a weekend warrior, but with a demanding job and kids at home, there's only a little time for fishing. I'd like to know that my fellow fishermen are not trying to send me on a wild goose chase, and then I'll get on after the trip and pay it forward to the next guy with an informative post. There's plenty of fish out there.
What did people do before internet and fishing forms ? Just asking ?

I know I just went fishing and never read a report in my life until LSM back in 2007 I think

We just woke up and went fishing , sometimes we found fish and sometimes we didn't but we learned .

Fishing is not about always catching. , it's about getting on the water and enjoying the outdoors ! I use to take fishing way way way to serious but now that I guide I see more value in it than just catching

I would say 80% of the people I fish are happy just getting in the water and catching fish is 2 nd . Spending time with family or friends

I share info between other guides and friends because sometimes my buddy who fishes twice a month will go out and stroke em .. And they will tell me because I have told them in the passed

I see a lot if guys who fish with each other and share info with each other which always keeps them on fish .
Old 11-28-2014, 05:32 PM
Ling

Cash: 5,600

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
What did people do before internet and fishing forms ? Just asking ?

I know I just went fishing and never read a report in my life until LSM back in 2007 I think

We just woke up and went fishing , sometimes we found fish and sometimes we didn't but we learned .

Fishing is not about always catching. , it's about getting on the water and enjoying the outdoors ! I use to take fishing way way way to serious but now that I guide I see more value in it than just catching

I would say 80% of the people I fish are happy just getting in the water and catching fish is 2 nd . Spending time with family or friends

I share info between other guides and friends because sometimes my buddy who fishes twice a month will go out and stroke em .. And they will tell me because I have told them in the passed

I see a lot if guys who fish with each other and share info with each other which always keeps them on fish .
Word
Old 11-28-2014, 07:16 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeff31787 View Post

True dat J. again the bay is a big place. North end, West end Marsh Island, Pass are all general descriptions of a big place. I don't see the harm in posting general info. Chances are the fish will be long gone by the time the potlickers get there anyway.
Old 11-29-2014, 10:27 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,074

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbert22 View Post
We'll he seemed butt hurt after a comment that had nothing to do with him.
You posted a comment right after me saying something to the the effect that that looking at this website for information was a problem. I found that to be just a little snarky. I mean this is a fishing website? So yeah I was wondering why you were even on here? To me your comment was a bit of a cheap shot, like I need the internet to catch fish. I don't need this website or any other one to fish but they are here so I use them. I will use anything at my disposal to make me more successful in anything that I do. So its misleading to say something like "What did we do before the internet". Of course we don't need the internet, but the guys who fish VBay don't have the luxury of hiring a guide to "teach" us how to fish. There aren't any guides here, so a good accurate report can be really helpful. The bay is a hard place to fish, if it were easy there would be guides here. I don't mind helping out anyone who is serious about fishing it, I just wish people were as eager to return the favor. If I am fishing I want to be catching, call me crazy, but the object of me putting my boat in the water is about catching fish. I just want to be as prepared to do so when that time comes. Using the internet has become a part of that. I am not too cool for school, I can admit that.
Old 11-30-2014, 03:58 PM
Swordfish

Bless the fortunate ones that are off next week, should be primed up in the bay by the looks of the weather
Old 11-30-2014, 05:33 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Bless the fortunate ones that are off next week, should be primed up in the bay by the looks of the weather
Lets hope the forecast holds. My luck usually runs out on Friday morning!
Old 11-30-2014, 06:14 PM
Tripletail

I had the last two weeks off and the barometer had a decision making disorder. Sure enough, I get to work and it flat lines. Worse, they stuck me on a floating prison in Weeks Bay. This is a special kind of torture.
Old 11-30-2014, 07:08 PM
Swordfish

Same here... Back to work in the morning!
Old 11-30-2014, 07:23 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,728

I'm planning on fishing Thursday afternoon if there isn't gale force winds

Old 12-01-2014, 05:06 PM
Redfish

Cash: 581

Marque, saw your posts, and I feel the same way about fishermen helping each other out when we can. I'm only out in the bay a couple times a month, but I have a few people I try to send info to when I'm out. And as long as its a few real fishermen, I've got no problem with giving details. I'll add you to the list.
Old 12-01-2014, 06:42 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,000
Default add me to the list..

Shoot. Add me to the list. I have no problem putting myself out there learning and helping others as I can as well.
Old 12-01-2014, 07:29 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by legallimits View Post
Marque, saw your posts, and I feel the same way about fishermen helping each other out when we can. I'm only out in the bay a couple times a month, but I have a few people I try to send info to when I'm out. And as long as its a few real fishermen, I've got no problem with giving details. I'll add you to the list.
That's generous and appreciated. Let me know if you want to make a trip some day. I'm offshore half of my life but when I am not I am fishing.