SaltyCajun.com http://cajunrodandreelrepair.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > Quitters and Losers Forum

Quitters and Losers Forum Come here to discuss self-improvement challenges, such as losing weight or quitting tobacco, alcohol, drugs, etc. NO BASHING and NO OFF-TOPIC POSTING in this forum! Lead, follow, or get outta the way!

Old 08-07-2011, 10:21 AM
Ling

Cash: 2,829

congrats to you SS, i also quit dipping and it has been 3 long weeks ,just gotta stay strong bro.
Old 08-07-2011, 06:16 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 685

well im back on the blu's, im on the medium classic , and finished a pack of hi classic first. i have about 3 more carts of med and 2 boxes of lights. i think i should be able to quit just off that. but it got me thinking, .....it's just water vapor and nicotine right?
Old 08-07-2011, 08:07 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,604

yeh if you gonna smoke all your doing it for is the nicotine why not be healthy about it lol and it tastes awesome and you dont smell like a butt
Old 08-07-2011, 11:51 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 717

I know quite a few people that swear by them and say it reallys help to quit. Just haven't boarded that train quite yet.
Old 08-26-2011, 09:09 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,142

Hadn't smoked since Wed, 24th. Came offshore Thursday without any cigarettes. About to go nuts but if I can get through the week and not buy a pack when I hit the beach I might be able to do it this time. Quit for 4 yrs before and picked it back up like I never stopped. Fawk this sucks.... May pick up some elect cigs though. Might be my ace in the hole to quit.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:27 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,364

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyShaw View Post
Werd buy 4 packs of cartridges for 40 bucks and its equal to 20 packs of cigs which is damn near 100 bones!
Hey try awsomevapor.com they sell bottles of liquid and its refillable e-cigs.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:30 PM
Ling

Cash: 8,577

BLUs are the lick bought every damn flava they had the tobacc., and vanilla are awsome...havent totally quit the REALS but have cut way back...you have to get used to the weight, and feel of it and take about as many puffs as a REAL one does for me about 10-12...then put it up, and the next time you feel the urge or the next time that you would pick up the REAL one hit the BLU 10-12 times and its the same reaction your looking for...Its all when you would light the REAL one up and where....etc....
Old 09-14-2011, 12:02 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 826

Quote:
Originally Posted by inchspinner View Post
BLUs are the lick bought every damn flava they had the tobacc., and vanilla are awsome...havent totally quit the REALS but have cut way back...you have to get used to the weight, and feel of it and take about as many puffs as a REAL one does for me about 10-12...then put it up, and the next time you feel the urge or the next time that you would pick up the REAL one hit the BLU 10-12 times and its the same reaction your looking for...Its all when you would light the REAL one up and where....etc....
Mine should be in friday. Looking forward to smoking healthy
Old 09-14-2011, 12:26 AM
Redfish

Cash: 786

I tried blucigs, didn't work for me so I got the eGo dual coil 510 fatty from madvapes.com and its a much better satisfaction. It's cheaper and u can add your own juice

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
Old 09-14-2011, 06:20 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 685

Quote:
Originally Posted by sears View Post
I tried blucigs, didn't work for me so I got the eGo dual coil 510 fatty from madvapes.com and its a much better satisfaction. It's cheaper and u can add your own juice

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
what's the price on those things...u can add your own juice with bluCIGS too. just pop the top off the cartomizer(part where you inhale from with a paper clip) only thing i don't like about the blucigs is that they don't give a full hit, but i heard once u refill with your own juice, it gives a much fuller hit.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:26 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 826

Quote:
Originally Posted by booyagasha View Post
what's the price on those things...u can add your own juice with bluCIGS too. just pop the top off the cartomizer(part where you inhale from with a paper clip) only thing i don't like about the blucigs is that they don't give a full hit, but i heard once u refill with your own juice, it gives a much fuller hit.
Where can you get this magical juice
Old 09-14-2011, 08:05 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 703

Just Curious to Know, What do these things Cost?
Old 09-14-2011, 08:09 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,604

70 bones
Old 09-14-2011, 08:19 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 703

Not Bad Being that Great Results!! Thanks
Old 09-14-2011, 09:55 AM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

Or quit for good and be done with it.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:07 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,455

I am thinking about giving em a try. I quit cold turkey for about a month a few months ago but hunting/fishing and my buddies smoking, I started right back up. Not smoking as many but I still need to quit.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:11 AM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

Quote:
Originally Posted by specktator View Post
I am thinking about giving em a try. I quit cold turkey for about a month a few months ago but hunting/fishing and my buddies smoking, I started right back up. Not smoking as many but I still need to quit.
Exact same thing happen to me,quit for a month then picked up back up again. I finally made it past the 2 month mark and it was smooth sailing after that. Going on 6 months without a cig. Awesome waking up without coughing and spitting up loogies. The money I saved is nice too...
Old 09-14-2011, 10:13 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,455

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montauk17 View Post
Exact same thing happen to me,quit for a month then picked up back up again. I finally made it past the 2 month mark and it was smooth sailing after that. Going on 6 months without a cig. Awesome waking up without coughing and spitting up loogies. The money I saved is nice too...
That's what I am tired of.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:07 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 649

THREAD FROM THE DEAD! I can't recommend e-cigs enough after a guy at work turned me on to them. I prefer the Joye Ego-C; it breaks down into more pieces for cleaning, or you can just toss the old atomizers - they're about $5 apiece and last you about a week or 2 before needing cleaning or tossing.

No more loogies, coughing, I can smell, it's exactly as when I was a nonsmoker, as there's no lung damage... one thing to understand is this is vapor, not smoke. However, it DOES give you that tickle in your throat from a cig, but now it tastes better. Flavors range from tobacco to menthol, and every dessert and fruit flavor you can think of.

If you're a Pack a day smoker like i was, it will take less than 1 month to break even, then you're ahead by a lot after that. $70-80 for a kit with 2 nice cigarettes, 5 atomizers, 2 cones, 5 tanks, 2 batteries, and a charger, then $20-30 on your first juice order. That will keep you going for about a month or two. Pack a day X 30 = $150. Well worth it and I wouldn't be able to quit without them.

As for the people asking, 'how do you quit the ecigs"? I don't plan to! It's not hurting me and it's satisfying, so why quit? My research shows that nicotine itself is no more harmful than caffeine - in fact, some studies show it slows the onset of Alzeimer's. Happy vaping everyone.

Oh, and if you want more info you could ever need on e cigarettes, google "e cig forum". If you guys think the blu's are good, try some of the American juices on an Ego-C! There's also a whole world of mods - higher voltages, lower resistances, etc to find the sweet spot that works for you.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:52 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 571

January 3rd I quit. A couple of days later I bought this type of electroninc cigarette. Smoked it for approximatley 5 weeks and don't even smoke them anymore. Works great. Recommend to anyone wanting to quit.