SaltyCajun.com http://cajunrodandreelrepair.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 05-07-2012, 08:49 PM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
I know this ......I have pics at my Dads house were they had over 1500 trout in one weekend.......

all 3-7lbs trout
I know this.....That is quite possible if that Boga you got was passed down from your dad. It seems to "weight" a lil H-E-A-V-Y.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:54 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Kahunaz View Post
Please postem....im not saying i don't believe you just want to see'em. Like old school fishing pics

Im offshore..I have been wanting to go get them.......I will make it a point this week to go pulled them out....I need to get them to my house anyway....

I have one when my dad was 16 or 17 with two trout over 8lbs...( I SAY OVER 8) Dont have a clue and he just ate them
Old 05-07-2012, 09:00 PM
Great White

Quote:
Nobody even weight trout back them...they all got the knife..... Terry Shaunessy said he has caoughy over 6000 6 or 8 lb trout if I remember that right in trout masters book

I know my dad had lots of numbers of big trout in the 6-8 lb range in some pics
"5,000 8 pounds and over"
Old 05-07-2012, 09:01 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty View Post
"5,000 8 pounds and over"
I new you would Know
Old 05-07-2012, 09:09 PM
Great White

Quote:
To me from what I believe fishing pressure is not that much of a factor, now will fishing pressure cause you to miss chances for big trout ,,yes that's why you don't catch many big trout on Saturdays as you would say a weekday . I don't believe it drives trout out just spooks them into deeper waters or off reefs .
When a guy big motors on a bank /reef ,throws his anchor , trolls up wind, trolls wide open ...this all plays factor to messing many people up in a shallow lake . But this lake had gill nets and still put out huge trout .....

Let's take Cajunwader, he likes to fish colder months for big trout and he catches them... So his best big trout months are Jan ,Feb..

My best big trout month were I catch the most trout over 7lbs is August , but I know why I catch them because like Bruce who knows the art of Feb I have done the same for August . I catch all them close to the channel like washout, 9mile , WC and long point and about 90% are caught on falling tide.. These bigger trout hang in deeper waters off the channel and will follow bait on high tide up on flats. And when tide starts falling they will retreat back to cooler waters and I catch them all close to channel....

August is a busy boat and fishing month so that tells me big trout are not driven away because of boat traffic .
W, you're coNparin' yourself to Bruce Baugh as far as fishing styles? He is what is called a "big trout hunter". He catches big trout because he thinks like a big trout. I would imagine his idea of a "big trout" is something more than just "over 7 lbs".

You, on the other hand, are a "meat hunter". When someone is on the water as much as you are....they are bound to stumble upon an occasional 'blind sow'. You mentioned that "90% of your "big fish" caught in August are caught on a falling tide. What you failed to mention was......100% of them are caught on live bait.

Old 05-07-2012, 09:15 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
W, you're coNparin' yourself to Bruce Baugh as far as fishing styles? He is what is called a "big trout hunter". He catches big trout because he thinks like a big trout. I would imagine his idea of a "big trout" is something more than just "over 7 lbs".

You, on the other hand, are a "meat hunter". When someone is on the water as much as you are....they are bound to stumble upon an occasional 'blind sow'. You mentioned that "90% of your "big fish" caught in August are caught on a falling tide. What you failed to mention was......100% of them are caught on live bait.

I do catch a few pigs on live bait but every one I caught over 7 last year was all on topwater or Plastic...
Year before I caught a bunch on mullet but still lots on Plastic

Two 8's that were caught in my boat one by Darren and one by Mr Mike were both on Plastic

Year before all on Plastic....

I would say 85% of trout I caught at 7lbs or over have been on artifical

HOW YOU LIKE MY Avatar
Old 05-07-2012, 09:18 PM
Great White

Quote:
I do catch a few pigs on live bait but every one I caught over 7 last year was all on topwater or Plastic...

Two 8's that were caught in my boat one by Darren and one by Mr Mike were both on Plastic

Now, that pic of them 15,000,000 3-7 lb. trout is sounding more and more believeable.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:20 PM
Great White

Quote:

HOW YOU LIKE MY Avatar
One thing's for sure...you can use your fingers to call roll.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:24 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
One thing's for sure...you can use your fingers to call roll.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitled.jpg (54.1 KB, 120 views)
Old 05-07-2012, 09:37 PM
Ling

Cash: 8,577

Nice TROUTS there....looks a platic HUSTLER to me
Old 05-07-2012, 10:19 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,086

We need hopedale hustler to give us his recordz!!
Wasn't he catching limits of 10 lb trout n Breton sound and limits of 5-7 lb in lake p..... Year round??!!

Hahahahahahaha

I guess he busy on that iPad.....
Old 05-07-2012, 10:26 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

My dad used to catch hundreds of 5-7lb trout in his sane on the beach. That's hundreds in one drag.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:41 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

Looks like a Reaction Strike Swimming Mullet.... Micah's sales just went up! lol
Old 05-08-2012, 07:54 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle creek View Post
I'm by no means very educated on the topic. However, from the information I have read, lowering the limit in order to produce a better trophy trout lake makes zero sense. Maybe one day we will be proven wrong, but I doubt it. The limit change bothers me because if that can be changed, no telling what else can happen in the future.

Ding ding ding

Someone posted earlier about how gill nets used to be in the lake yet big trout were bring caught. Gill nets removed competition for resources much better than teh recreational angler could do therefore allowing the fish that made it to the upper age classes get really big. Gill nets crushed the redfish population because they are unlike trout and aren't as prolific

read my r-selected and k-selected comment above
Old 05-08-2012, 07:58 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

You guys are giving fishermen too much credit, I bet the two albino dolphins kill more trout than any one person that fishes Big Lake
Old 05-08-2012, 08:07 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
Ding ding ding

Someone posted earlier about how gill nets used to be in the lake yet big trout were bring caught. Gill nets removed competition for resources much better than teh recreational angler could do therefore allowing the fish that made it to the upper age classes get really big. Gill nets crushed the redfish population because they are unlike trout and aren't as prolific

read my r-selected and k-selected comment above
YEP