SaltyCajun.com http://www.lmcboats.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Offshore Fishing Discussion > Offshore Fishing Reports

Offshore Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite offshore spots here

Old 08-02-2010, 07:41 PM
Flounder

Cash: 658
Default Weekend Floater Trip out of Port A

We headed out in my dad's 30' Grady White Marlin Saturday morn. Stopped to make bait at a weedline bout 30 miles out in 200' of water. Caught one bait and a good dolphin came out. My brother pitched the livie to him and caught the 23# bull. Kept heading offshore and found a weedline bout 75 miles out out. Caught some hard tails and had a pod of pilot whales checking out the boat. Kept heading out and found another weedline 120 miles out. Got a few hits from chicken dolphin. A few miles later we saw a small patch with something tearing it up. We pulled and it was bout a 200# marlin. I was throwing a 2 to 3# hard tail, my brother was throwing a hand sized hard tail,, but he just slurped up a tuna pooper our guest threw. We fought him for about 30 min before the hooks pulled 20' from the boat. We got to Hooover Diana 138 miles out and the fishing was kind of slow. We caught 9 blackfins and one 55# yellowfin. At daybreak we started trolling and caught a small wahoo and a 45# pound hoo. We headed in starting at various weed patched and only managed one more small hoo. Was a great trip. Will post pics when he emails em to me
Old 08-02-2010, 07:49 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,995

nice thanks for the report
Old 08-03-2010, 10:22 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 813

good report! Sounds like one of the better trips from this weekend.

Here's the coconut telegraph from some friends of mine:

Report 1 - cousin went out of Cameron and back into Port A. 120 mile trip - Caught 2 bull dolphin and 3 swords at night.

Report 2 - 3 day trip out of Pecan Island - 2 white marlin and a couple big wahoo

Report 3 - another out of Cameron - 200 mile trip - one tagged marlin, couple mahi, tuna, & wahoo

Report 4 - out of Galveston area - boat battled estimated 700 # blue marlin for an hour before she spit the hook. Not much other action.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:13 AM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

nothing wrong with that trip sounds like a blast