SaltyCajun.com http://cajunrodandreelrepair.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 07-08-2013, 11:29 AM
Flounder

Cash: 1,189
Default Cypremort Point Report

Spent the weekend at the camp. Went out of the pass Thursday. Water was pretty decent and salty outside. Took a while to find a few fish but ended up putting together a decent box with 27 thursday morning. Fished a couple hours that evening and caught 7 reds in the island.

Storms had me a little nervous to head out Friday morning so we waited until about 7:30 before getting on the water. Water was still good and headed back to the same reef as the day before. Caught 15 in about 1.5 hours before the wind really picked up and we headed in. Caught one right at 4.25 lbs on my crappy scale. Would have been close to winning the tournament if I would have entered. All trout were caught various plastics.

Alpha I saw you Friday morning anchored on a reef. I was in the champion without the windshield right south of you. That's an awesome looking boat. What did yall end up with?

Just a heads up guys be careful and wear your lifejacket and kill switch. Went out crabbing Saturday afternoon. Was crusing back in some pretty good waves at 30-35 and I wasn't really paying enough attention. I hit a good one the wrong way and slung my *** out the boat. I had the kill switch on thankfully and my buddy in a boat in front came back and picked me up. The people with me on the boat aren't really expericned and didn't think about the trolling motor. I tried to swim back but the wind was blowing the boat faster than I could swim. Although I always wear my lifejacket by myself the boat would have been long gone with me stuck in the water if I was by myself. That freaked me out enough to wear it at all times now. Could have been a bad deal if I wouldn't have been wearing the kill switch. Yall be safe out there.

The first pic is Thursday's catch and the second is the afternoon redfish and trout from Friday. All in all a pretty decent weekend considering the weather.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 070413.JPG (168.2 KB, 729 views)
File Type: jpg 070513.JPG (156.4 KB, 729 views)
Old 07-08-2013, 11:39 AM
Ling

Cash: 2,271

nice report man! I always wear my kill switch, but I don't think I've ever put my lifejacket on unless the weather was real bad. I may do the same now though. Its actually against the law not to wear your kill switch btw.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:40 AM
Ling

Cash: 4,258

Nice catch man. Glad you are ok!! Those rogue waves in the bay will sneak up on you without warning.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:42 AM
Ling

Cash: 2,271

Quote:
Originally Posted by speck-chaser View Post
Nice catch man. Glad you are ok!! Those rogue waves in the bay will sneak up on you without warning.

they have knocked my dad down before, which is why I always make everyone sit down in rough weather now. No need for anyone else but the driver to be standing. When those waves catch your hull the right way, there is nothing you could really do to straighten your boat up fast enough.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:42 AM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

Nice catch....I never wore a life jacket either untill I hit a submerged log and damn near bit my lip off. Now I always wear one,get you a inflatable...hardly notice it's there.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:45 AM
Redfish

Cash: 1,050

Very nice report!
Old 07-08-2013, 11:51 AM
Flounder

Cash: 583

Glad you're ok. Be careful guys.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:54 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,710

Nice report. Thanks, We didnt catch anything worth keeping. 1 flounder kids caught a shark which made his day! He was pumped!! If we had live shrimp probably would have caught a few trout..

sent from my Galaxy NOTE II
Old 07-08-2013, 11:57 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,686

Thanks for the report and safety advice. It's crazy how fast an accident can happen.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:26 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 564

Good report, and nice catch! Ironically, I went out of Buras last Thursday by myself, not wearing a life jacket or my kill switch. After the trip, I started thinking about how dumb it was to not wear at least my kill switch. I made a mental note to start wearing it while underway from now on. Glad I read your post, just to cement the idea into my head for future trips. Glad to hear that you're ok after being flung out of the boat. Thanks.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:37 PM
Flounder

Cash: 1,189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadonist View Post
Good report, and nice catch! Ironically, I went out of Buras last Thursday by myself, not wearing a life jacket or my kill switch. After the trip, I started thinking about how dumb it was to not wear at least my kill switch. I made a mental note to start wearing it while underway from now on. Glad I read your post, just to cement the idea into my head for future trips. Glad to hear that you're ok after being flung out of the boat. Thanks.

I started wearing my kill switch about a year ago honestly more for the safety of others. If I would have went out without it on I would imagine everyone else would have been in trouble if the boat would have kept running. Never in a million years did I think I'd fly out running across open water but it happened. I have a good life jacket for myself and the rest of my life jackets are the orange ones which are pretty uncomfortable to wear (although actually better if u get knocked out) so often times I don't put mine on not to make everyone else uncomfortable. I'm going get some good ones for my guests and I'm gonna wear mine from now on and suggest that the others do the same.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:53 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Good report, great advice.

I lost a classmate about 2 or 3 years ago, no kill switch and no life jacket. He was one of the better swimmers, built like a brick ****house and was in good shape.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:00 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 626

nice haul!
Old 07-11-2013, 12:40 PM
Redfish

Cash: 977

I go out alone a lot. My wife made me buy a harness that is tied to my seat. It would be impossible for me to end up in the water. Works real good
Old 07-11-2013, 07:14 PM
Ling

Cash: 4,258

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltysully View Post
I go out alone a lot. My wife made me buy a harness that is tied to my seat. It would be impossible for me to end up in the water. Works real good
Now you just gotta make sure your boat don't turn over.
Old 07-12-2013, 06:40 AM
Flounder

Cash: 710

Great advice. I have a short lanyard on my kill switch and have unintentionally pulled it a few times while running WOT. Talk about an "Oh s***" sick feeling in the split second it takes to realize what happened! Anyone else done that! At least I know it works. Helped a guy in VB once who couldn't start his engine. His lanyard was attached to his life jacket but not the switch.