SaltyCajun.com http://www.egretbaits.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 03-17-2015, 10:03 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
W, Thanks for your efforts to lower the salinity in Big Lake. There is some great stuff going on there with tremendous potential. Keep up the good work, it would be awesome to see this happen. It won't just allow the weirs to be open more days per year, but the lower salinity would also help the oyster reefs come back on the E side.
That lake is my passion and I want the best for everyone to enjoy it , if I had the money I would fix it myself !

The ones who do have the money have other agendas elsewhere !

We have billions of dollars come up and down that ship channel each year and we can't stop land erosion !!

We need a tax on all companies using the channel to help restore the land back !!
Old 03-17-2015, 10:14 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Word on the street is that CCA is making a move toward more restrictive flounder regulations, with a focus on Big Lake.

No science behind this push, just the usual jealousy and basic argument that "lower limits won't hurt and they will probably help."

In all our surveys, we saw a lot more flounder in 2014 than previous years. The flounder look pretty good by all the available data.
Old 03-17-2015, 10:19 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Word on the street is that CCA is making a move toward more restrictive flounder regulations, with a focus on Big Lake.

No science behind this push, just the usual jealousy and basic argument that "lower limits won't hurt and they will probably help."

In all our surveys, we saw a lot more flounder in 2014 than previous years. The flounder look pretty good by all the available data.
I'm sure ! I can see it now !!

Follow Texas ; only two flounder in Nov lmao

Don't think they are that stupid to even try it !

If CCA backs that I promise I can raise enough money on this site to place Billboards down I-10 with a list of non science used by CCA to boycott STAR
Old 03-17-2015, 10:30 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,962

Post the 990 With the Figures for all to see.

W .. U telling me it wasn't your former Senator from Jennings who help pass the bill that allows oyster dredging in BL and West Cove??? It also had to pass the house and senate before it became law.

It wasn't a bill passed by the legislator to make Lake P. in the East, and BL in the West a designated Trophy Lakes and bring the limit down????

I DO agree with U about the Oyster dredging. I remember when only hand tonging was allowed. 20 sacks per person with a permit.

U all claim CCA is to BLAME for everything that Happens ON BL... I 'm saying no it's not..

I would say that over the yrs, dredging the channel deeper and deeper to allow bigger ships to enter, to go to the port and plants, has not helped the lake.. Storms and winds have caused erosion..

I'm saying Get involved.. Be part of a solution.. CCA is NOT PERFECT.. I don't agree with everything they do.. But until a better organization comes along, I'll support CCA.

Everyone on here has the right to express their opinions. U have expressed Ur's.. I've expressed mine..
Old 03-17-2015, 10:34 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggun View Post

I'm saying Get involved.. Be part of a solution.. CCA is NOT PERFECT.. I don't agree with everything they do..
Being part of the solution begins with boycotting CCA and the STAR.

CCA is part of the problem. They are about politics, power, and money rather than data driven science, meaningful restoration, and habitat protection.
Old 03-17-2015, 11:27 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:

W .. U telling me it wasn't your former Senator from Jennings who help pass the bill that allows oyster dredging in BL and West Cove??? It also had to pass the house and senate before it became law.

It wasn't a bill passed by the legislator to make Lake P. in the East, and BL in the West a designated Trophy Lakes and bring the limit down????

I DO agree with U about the Oyster dredging. I remember when only hand tonging was allowed. 20 sacks per person with a permit.

U all claim CCA is to BLAME for everything that Happens ON BL... I 'm saying no it's not..

I would say that over the yrs, dredging the channel deeper and deeper to allow bigger ships to enter, to go to the port and plants, has not helped the lake.. Storms and winds have caused erosion..

I'm saying Get involved.. Be part of a solution.. CCA is NOT PERFECT.. I don't agree with everything they do.. But until a better organization comes along, I'll support CCA.

Everyone on here has the right to express their opinions. U have expressed Ur's.. I've expressed mine..

Oyster dredging was pushed by another individual ( Think Sammy Faulk ) not 100% on that

But 15 trout limit was pushed by CCA and supported by CCA !!

And why? Tell me why CCA went against Biologist to support a creel reduction ?
Old 03-18-2015, 07:02 AM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Oyster dredging was pushed by another individual ( Think Sammy Faulk ) not 100% on that

But 15 trout limit was pushed by CCA and supported by CCA !!

And why? Tell me why CCA went against Biologist to support a creel reduction ?
CCA also cut 3tail regulations with no science to back it. Also tried to ban bowfishing for redfish back in 2010
Old 03-18-2015, 07:05 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

Quote:
CCA 2011.pdf

Here is 2011's 990. Check out pages 30 and 39. I already had this one saved on my computer. I can try and find more current ones later, but I wouldn't imagine their compensation dropped since then. I'm not saying it's a bad thing that people are making over $100k in the organization. Successfully running a NFP is a tough job that takes some talent, and talent cost. I'm just supplying the requested information.
Old 03-18-2015, 08:45 AM
Red Snapper

Matt, Math Geek and W.

David Cresson is the only one listed in those names. He is the ONLY ONE who works for CCA LA.

The other names .. DO NOT WORK FOR CCA LA.... Some may BE directors in other states. Some may be with NATIONAL CCA.. I don't Know. I Don't CARE.

I would GUESS that Most NFP organizations pay there Directors well. DU? DELTA WATERFOWL??

Again What does this prove??? That all the money goes to employees??? Nooo.

W.

The Oyster Dredging. I can remember that Oyster people were boycotting and standing in Blake Morrish's Office parking lot for days on end .. He either Authored the bill or help pass the bill to allow dredging by boat on BL.. It was all over the LOCAL NEWS.

That's LA WLF fault that the dredgers are not more regulated. They give out the permits for leases. Come over to Vemilion bay. We never had oyster boats on Ancient natural reef's outside of SW pass until After Katrina and the oil spill. I'll show U reefs that have been there for decades.. NOW ARE HARDLY NOTHING.

Last edited by biggun; 03-18-2015 at 08:55 AM.
Old 03-18-2015, 08:45 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CCA.jpg (117.2 KB, 181 views)
Old 03-18-2015, 08:54 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Matt, Math Geek and W.

David Cresson is the only one listed in those names. He is the ONLY ONE who works for CCA LA.

The other names .. DO NOT WORK FOR CCA LA.... Some may BE directors in other states. Some may be with NATIONAL CCA.. I don't Know. I Don't CARE.
CCA LA is not a distinct organization from CCA TX.

They maintain separate web sites to enhance fund raising and obfuscate the fact that most of the $$$ is going back to TX to pay for salaries and conservation projects there. Depending on the year, 1/3 to 1/4 of their revenue is raised in LA, but most years, 80-90% of the money is spent in TX.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:00 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,357

Looks like a pretty hefty payroll with some special interest dollars kicked in. God knows how much special interest dollars wasn't reported.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:00 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Lets do history run down from CCA Website..... Right now they make more money than they did back in the 90's and before STAR yet look at the production you get??? Looks like ENRON Stock

Mission Statement
The stated purpose of CCA is to advise and educate the public on conservation of marine resources. The objective of CCA is to conserve, promote and enhance the present and future availability of these coastal resources for the benefit and enjoyment of the general public.

Our History
The Coastal Conservation Association of Louisiana is dedicated to the conservation and preservation of our state's marine and animal life. It is a non-profit group organized under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. CCA Louisiana is a state chapter of the Coastal Conservation Association (CCA) and prior to 1997 was known as GCCA of Louisiana, the Gulf Coast Conservation Association of Louisiana.

In 1983...

A handful of concerned anglers discuss banding together to promote responsible management of Louisiana's fishery resources.

In 1984...
Louisiana
organizes and becomes the third state chapter of the Gulf Coast Conservation Association, which would later be named the Coastal Conservation Association (CCA). Texas was the founding GCCA state in 1977; GCCA of Alabama was founded in 1982.

In 1985...
GCCA study of data collected over five years shows that size and bag limits on redfish and speckled trout have improved numbers of fish caught, man-hours required, total weight and averaged and estimated annual harvest. Unregulated fish show a decline.
Participate in the establishment of New Tide, a CCA youth program designed to shape conservationists at a young age.

In 1986...
CCA calls for immediate halt to net harvest of adult redfish in Gulf of Mexico after study reveals excessive netting in Federal waters could collapse resource. Also calls for state authority over the resource beyond state territorial waters.
CCA stops purse seining for spawning redfish in the Gulf of Mexico and lowered maximum sizes for redfish to 30". GCCA wins Conservation Group of the Year Award. CCA calls on Secretary of Commerce Malcolm Baldridge to declare immediate moratorium on netting redfish in federal waters of the Gulf of Mexico. CCA protests National Marine Fishery Service s Emergency Interim Plan allowing additional one million pound harvest of redfish in the federal waters of the Gulf. CCA intervenes in lawsuit filed by fishing trade groups to have state laws designed to protect redfish preempted by federal regulations, thus allowing possession and landing of redfish caught in federal waters. CCA-led forces for conservation prevail as the Secretary of Commerce calls for zero harvest of redfish in Gulf during 90-day Interim Emergency Plan II. Federal Management Plan closes Gulf redfish fishery for 1987, a first step victory for CCA-led conservationists. Mississippi becomes the fourth CCA state. Florida conservationists organize the fifth CCA state chapter under the name Florida Conservation Association. South Carolina is the sixth; its name is the Atlantic Coast Conservation Association (ACCA).

In 1987...
CCA announces opposition to Federal Management Plan for redfish; declares it inconsistent with CCA position on conservation of the resource and the states rights to protect it.
GCCA establishes biologically needed commercial quota for speckled trout and juvenile redfish. GCCA establishes new minimum sizes for both commercially and recreationally caught specks and reds. CCA supports Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council s amendment to Federal Management Plan for redfish. CCA votes to increase efforts to bring about a management plan for billfish, which are being increasingly taken by tuna longliners. GCCA attains gamefish status for marlins and sailfish. ACCA of Georgia organizes as the seventh CCA state.

In 1988...
GCCA attains gamefish status for redfish through 1991. Federal Management Plan for billfish signed by Secretary of Commerce, marking the first time federal authorities have declared a gamefish in federal waters. Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council recommends to National Marine Fishery Service that a new three-fish bag limit be imposed on red snapper for recreational fishermen.

In 1989...
Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council adopts final proposal for the Reef Plan. The Plan includes bag limit of seven red snapper per day over 13"; bag limit of five grouper per day, Jewfish have a 50" size limit and black sea bass have a size limit of 8"; and amberjack limited to three fish per day with a 28" limit. CCA intervenes in lawsuit filed to challenge the Federal Management Plan for billfish. ACCA of North Carolina and ACCA of Virginia organize as the eighth and ninth CCA states, respectively.

In 1990...
U.S. District Court turns down a challenge by commercial interest to CCA-supported Atlantic Billfish Plan.
Exxon approves grant to produce a video to be used in conjunction with the New Tide Program. South Atlantic Fishery Management Council bans drift nets in action supported by sister CCA state organization FCA, the Florida Conservation Association and all conservationists. CCA s New Tide Program membership surges.

In 1991...
GCCA institutes biologically recommended permanent gamefish status for redfish.
GCCA establishes Commission management for speckled trout based on science and legislated policy standards. GCCA wins the White Egret Award for organizing the first and largest barrier island cleanup effort in the U.S. during Coastal Cleanup 1987 and 1988. GCCA donates enforcement equipment to both the La. Department of Wildlife and Fisheries and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. A New Tide, a video about coastal estuaries (funded by Exxon) is completed and distributed to all CCA state chapters. The video is used in conjunction with the New Tide program. GCCA tags and releases over 5,000 small marine fish. GCCA institutes an aggressive education and national advocacy program to address coastal erosion problems and solutions. GCCA passes an amendment to the Louisiana Constitution (Proposition 2) to guarantee the funding necessary to preserve the valuable wetlands of the Sportsman s Paradise. CCA's Tide magazine named top outdoor magazine. CCA forms its Legal Defense Fund in order to accumulate funds to underwrite the increasing challenges against states rights to establish fishery management regulations.

In 1992...
GCCA retains continued gamefish status for redfish.
GCCA continues work with the Engineer Corps, other federal and state agencies, and private organizations in dealing with marine estuary and habitat issues. CCA assists with an appeal of a decision by a Miami federal district judge who ruled that Florida s landing laws for Spanish mackerel were unconstitutional. GCCA defeats legislation to abolish the La. Wildlife and Fisheries Commission and to allow for the sale of various gamefish. GCCA continues monitoring and maintenance of marine fishery conservation and management measures and law enforcement. GCCA increases involvement with the Department of Wildlife and Fisheries to ensure that appropriate and timely science is generated for wise marine fishery conservation and management.

In 1993...
GCCA continues to further finfish preservation and coastal management ideals.
GCCA fights back efforts to remove minimum size limit on speckled trout and to repeal gamefish status for redfish. GCCA begins planning stages for Louisiana s first statewide, summer-long fishing tournament. Maine organizes as CCA's tenth state; its name is NECCA, the New England Coast Conservation Association.

In 1994...
GCCA board adopts plan for the Louisiana S.T.A.R.: GCCA's Statewide Tournament and Anglers Rodeo. The tournament will be a major membership recruitment tool for the Association, will offer tremendous prizes and will be zero-budgeted to the operations of the GCCA.
GCCA champions efforts to retain continued gamefish status for redfish. NECCA of Massachusetts becomes CCA's eleventh sister state.

In 1995...
GCCA successfully leads effort to protect marine fishery resources from most indiscriminate entanglement nets through the Louisiana Marine Resources Conservation Act of 1995.
The American Sportsfishing Association names GCCA the Outstanding Grassroots Organization in America. GCCA intervenes in state lawsuit to assist in the defense of the new gill-net law. The inaugural GCCA S.T.A.R. (Statewide Tournament and Anglers Rodeo) commences signing up over 2,000 entrants. More than $300,000 in prizes are offered to participants who compete for 101 days from Memorial Weekend to Labor Day fishing from every corner of the Sportsman s Paradise. GCCA's Tagging Program approaches two milestones: 50,000 fish tagged and 1,250 registered anglers. NECCA of Maryland and of Connecticut join CCA as her twelfth and thirteenth states, respectively. GCCA successfully spearheads effort to defeat Constitutional Amendment #8 which would have allowed piece-meal local laws regulating fish and wildlife. GCCA board votes unanimously to endorse a name change from GCCA of Louisiana to CCA Louisiana, thereby bringing uniformity to all sister states of the Coastal Conservation Association. CCA board votes to phase-in the nationwide name change before 2000.

In 1996...
GCCA intervenes in federal lawsuit to aid in the defense of Louisiana s gill-net law.
The 2nd Annual GCCA S.T.A.R. kicks off Memorial Day weekend and runs through Labor Day. The goal of 4,000 S.T.A.R. entrants is reached, and anglers compete for 101 days. Over $300,000 in prizes is offered to contestants. GCCA board adopts plan for launching CoastWatchers, a program designed to help the hard-working agents of the Enforcement Division by being additional eyes and ears on the water. The program will be in full operation by spring 1997. GCCA continues as the largest supporter of Operation Game Thief. All CCA states announce intentions to change their states names by January 1, 1997. CCA of New York becomes the Coastal Conservation Association's fourteenth state chapter.

In 1997...
"We've changed our name to protect the innocent," becomes the catch phrase for the name change. GCCA of Louisiana officially becomes CCA Louisiana.
Louisiana successfully defends legislative attempts to reverse significant conservation gains such as the 1995 law restricting gill nets and gamefish status for redfish. The family of the late Bubba Sealy joins CCA to endow a unique scholarship at Louisiana State University (LSU) dedicated to studies of Louisiana's recreational finfish populations. The late Mr. Sealy was a life-long conservationist served on CCA Louisiana's board of directors. The scholarship is officially known as the Coastal Conservation Association of Louisiana/J. Pollard Sealy, Jr. Family Memorial Scholarship. Intervention by CCA Louisiana supporting the gill-net law in federal and state lawsuits ensures continued enforcement of this critical law for responsible stewardship of our state's resources. Participation in Operation BeachSweep by CCA Louisiana reaches an all-time high. Louisiana's best-known outdoorsman, Governor Mike Foster, is honored as CCA Louisiana's "Conservationist of the Year" for his lifetime commitment to responsible use of our state's renewable resources. CCA Louisiana's 3rd Annual S.T.A.R. runs from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day. $400,000 in prizes offered to contestants ensures that over 5,000 fisherman participate in the 101-days event. Preparations for CCA Louisiana's 15th Anniversary are launched.

In 1998...
"15 Years & Still Reelin'" marks the rallying cry for CCA Louisiana's 15th Anniversary. Over 15,000 conservationists statewide celebrate the milestone.
CCA Louisiana continues its defense of Louisiana's gill-net law in both state and federal courts. The Coastwatchers Program grows as CCA Louisiana recruits more volunteers. CCA Louisiana's participation with Operation Game Thief and Operation BeachSweep intensify. The 4th Annual CCA Louisiana's S.T.A.R. attracts 7,500 entrants fishing from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day. $500,000 in prizes is offered to those fishing the 108-day event. Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries Secretary J. H. Jenkins, Jr. is awarded CCA Louisiana's "Conservationist of the Year" for his commitment to marine conservation. CCA of New Hampshire becomes the Coastal Conservation Association's fifteenth state chapter.

In 1999...
CCA Louisiana's Tagging Program approaches two milestones: 100,000 fish tagged and 1,500 registered anglers.
Newspaper publisher B. I. Moody, III receives CCA Louisiana's "Conservationist of the Year" for spreading the good news of good stewardship in his 33 newspapers statewide. CCA Louisiana's intervention ensures that both state and federal courts finally rule in favor of Louisiana's gill-net law. CCA Louisiana successfully defends legislative assaults on significant conservation gains, including the laws restricting gill nets and gamefish status for redfish. The 1999 CCA S.T.A.R. Tournament concludes with nearly 10,000 anglers competing for 101 days for the $500,000 prize offering.

In 2000...
CCA Louisiana provided Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries enforcement agents with navigation, global positioning and sonar equipment.

In 2001...
Won court fights when U.S. Supreme Court issued final ruling upholding Louisiana gill net ban. Launched Gulf-wide phone number, 866-WE-ENFORCE, to report coastal game violations.

In 2002...
Constructed Bird Island Artificial Reef

In 2004...
Launched first-ever derelict crab trap removal program in the state.

In 2005...
Led successful effort to keep open-loop LNG terminals out of Gulf of Mexico.

In 2006...
Constructed Redfish Point Reef in Vermilion Bay. Established endowed scholarship in marine studies at University of Louisiana-Lafayette throught the newly created CCA Louisiana Foundation. Joined forces with other agencies in the Marine Debris Surveying and Mapping Program.

In 2007...
Constructed Turner’s Bay Artificial Reef in Calcasieu Lake.

In 2009...
Constructed Bird Island Artificial Reef and Point Mast Artificial Reef in Lake Pelto.

In 2010...
Construction began on two artificial reefs as part of the I-10 Twin Span projects in Lake Pontchartrain. Developed the CCA Louisiana/4-H Clubs Youth Program, bringing the positive message of CCA and coastal conservation to thousands of youth across Louisiana. Partnered with LDWF on the Cooperative Marine Fish Tagging Program, helping to create science based solutions for our fisheries management challenges. Coordinated the planning and construction of the I-10 Twin Span Reefs in Lake Pontchartrain, marking the first time in Louisiana that artificial reefs were made of recycled debris material. CCA Louisiana was named by Boating Magazine as one of 2010’s Eco Award Winner for positive impacts during the BP oil spill crisis. John Walther, CCA Artificial Reef Coordinator, was recognized by Field & Stream magazine as a 2010 Hero of Conservation. Worked closely with the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries and Governor Bobby Jindal’s Office to develop plans for a Saltwater Fish Hatchery in Louisiana to mitigate damages to the spawn and juvenile fish suffered during the BP oil spill crisis.

In 2011...
Constructed Independence Island Artificial Reef in Barataria Bay. Finished construction of the second phase of the I-10 Twin Span Reef Project in Lake Pontchartrain. Spearheaded the Floating Islands Project in Terrebonne Parish. About 1,500 linear feet of the islands were installed using two types of marsh grass to create a habitat component.

In 2012...
Constructed Brad Vincent Reef in Calcasieu Lake in Lake Charles. Began construction on the new artificial reef in Breton Sound.

Old 03-18-2015, 09:02 AM
Great White

Quote:
CCA LA is not a distinct organization from CCA TX.

They maintain separate web sites to enhance fund raising and obfuscate the fact that most of the $$$ is going back to TX to pay for salaries and conservation projects there. Depending on the year, 1/3 to 1/4 of their revenue is raised in LA, but most years, 80-90% of the money is spent in TX.
heres the proof to back that up
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 22.jpg (34.0 KB, 163 views)
Old 03-18-2015, 09:06 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,734

Well this has made up my mind on the CCA over $1,251,00.00 in pay roll, 1.2 MILLION................
Old 03-18-2015, 09:10 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

This just in : CCA's only revenue comes from membership dues

M
Old 03-18-2015, 09:11 AM
Great White

they made a lil more than $450k that year
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 22.jpg (70.8 KB, 161 views)
Old 03-18-2015, 09:43 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Been tried to told y'all
Old 03-18-2015, 09:47 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,855

Whatever happened to Louisa CCA President Jeff Anders?I wonder he took the program to many levels and then disappeared? Be interesting to know if his success is still for the saltwater fisherman or what?
Old 03-18-2015, 09:52 AM
Red Snapper

Ok.. There Is a CCA National, CCA Texas, CCA Louisiana, CCA Alabama, CCA Mississippi, CCA Florida, CCA Georgia, CCA Maryland, CCA NC, CCA SC, CCA New Hampshire, CCA Oregon..

All the salaries are not the problems..

I don't BLINDLY FOLLOW Or Agree with everything CCA Says or DOES.. I've STOOD UP and ASK QUESTIONS.

Meaux.

U think DU or DW is to Blame U only killed a few geese on that HIGH PRICED LEASE U PAID FOR THIS PAST YR??? NO..