SaltyCajun.com http://www.angler-products.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 05-08-2015, 09:12 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,728

I haven't seen any real bad at BL. Dad enjoy watching 4 boats tango at the weirs the other day though. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-09-2015, 03:33 AM
Ling

Cash: 5,600

uploadfromtaptalk1431160452928.jpg
Damn Texans
Old 05-09-2015, 08:13 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clampy View Post
Attachment 87588
Damn Texans

No t-top?

Pretty water though
Old 05-09-2015, 09:09 AM
Flounder

Cash: 678

A few years ago on one of my first trips to BL, I was on some birds and another boat came in and joined me. He moved with the birds first and when I moved I came in too hard on them. He cautioned move to not move in so hard. I didn't have a clue what I had done, but his warning me to back off I never forgot and have not come in on another boat since. Some people just don't know and need to be taught, others will always just be jerks.
Old 05-09-2015, 10:53 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

I know a wader that walked up to a boat that was very close and said something to the fact of since your here give me a beer.
Old 05-09-2015, 12:42 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 921

never been or care to go to BL, but after more than 30 years of fishing in and around VB, i would have to say that VB has the most idiots per square mile than anywhere.
and... they are getting worse in the reefs.

when i am anchored out on a reef and some azzhat comes trolling motoring up close enough for me to read his gps unit, i am constantly amazed how they cannot fathom why i throw things in their boat, holler at them screaming how i want to kill their mother for having such a drain on society, etc.... and they just pull on their visor and run agorund and scare off the fish, or run through the school.

my wife, who usually is a beacon for good manners, started hollering at some idiot who drove up out of nowhere and stopped 35' away from us and scared off the school of the biggest specks i have ever seen schooled up in the bay. what she didn't tell that guy. i was shocked with the f-bombs that came out of her mouth!! lol

the most memorable thing i can remember is two guys who bumped into another boat while fishing in the trashpile. one of the two guys in the boat that got bumped [they were on anchor] jumped into the other boat and proceded to whip the hell out of one of them, all the time screaming at the guy who was about standing on the motor trying to get away that 'he was next!!!' and then he got his azz whooped too.
then the guy who did the whoopin drove their boat back and jumped back in his boat.
i about peed myself laughing. it needs to happen alot more. until people quit leaving all their common sense at home when they go fishing it will continue.

don't even get me started on the oxygen theives who i catch running my juglines in fausse point. lol they should have been abortions.
Old 05-09-2015, 01:40 PM
Flounder

Cash: 703

I don't mind guys fishing near me if your considerate and respect my fishing area. I don't mind you getting in on the action but people that have respect these days are getting hard to find. It usually leads to a confrontation.
Old 05-09-2015, 07:09 PM
Swordfish

If I'm fishing, I own everything within 600 square acres. You roll up in my piece of the world and knucks will be thrown.

See you tw ats at tha cove, better bring your ground game
Old 05-09-2015, 07:12 PM
Swordfish

Reel talk
Old 05-09-2015, 08:55 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543
Default More idiot/inconsiderate fisherman? VB or BL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
If I'm fishing, I own everything within 600 square acres. You roll up in my piece of the world and knucks will be thrown.

Knuck if you buck n u k k a
Old 05-09-2015, 09:53 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,074

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post

The only time I go to the point is to get gas or lay down an a$$ whoopin. If you get close enough to me you will get a look from me that says back off. If the look doesn't convince you the only thing that will save you is my dad being in the boat. I threw a fish at a guy once. It landed just short of his boat but the splash got him. I asked him if he wanted the ones in my ice chest as well. There's no excuse for bad behavior and anybody who puts up with it condones it. My new rule is if my washdown pump can hit you it will , you're too close.

Old 05-09-2015, 10:08 PM
Redfish

Cash: 692

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopete View Post
then the guy who did the whoopin drove their boat back and jumped back in his boat.

I would have died laughing.
Old 05-09-2015, 10:25 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431228270.498359.jpg

Dude be like. !! I got your back homie

Old 05-10-2015, 07:52 AM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marque View Post
The only time I go to the point is to get gas or lay down an a$$ whoopin. If you get close enough to me you will get a look from me that says back off. If the look doesn't convince you the only thing that will save you is my dad being in the boat. I threw a fish at a guy once. It landed just short of his boat but the splash got him. I asked him if he wanted the ones in my ice chest as well. There's no excuse for bad behavior and anybody who puts up with it condones it. My new rule is if my washdown pump can hit you it will , you're too close.

lmao sounds like something I would do. I like to ask them if they want to get in the boat with me cause they just parked where I was catching, along with whatever else comes out of my mouth. Had a dude pass between the beach and the fourchon rock barges the other day on big motor in a brand new bay boat with no trolling motor. he had to trim his motor all the way up cause its only about a ft deep. There was a whole open gulf of mexico on the south side of the rocks but he chose to pass 50ft behind me I just dont understand why some people are so dumb
Old 05-10-2015, 08:47 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,103

VB takes the Cake! Last fall found a great bite, wife and kiddos with me, some jerk, (turns out is my neighbor) pull so close about 30 feet from the bow and wanted in on the action, was tossing his cork over my kids line and tangling them up. I lost my cool and laid the 8 through the school. We already had a nice box of feesh. I was outside bayou blanc, went that far on purpose to stay away from idoits! We went to the Gordy, to find a limit of nice shrimp, turned out a great day, and the neighbor beat me home.
Old 05-10-2015, 06:28 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,393

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Attachment 87651

Party at the weir......
Old 05-11-2015, 05:33 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,086

Quote:
Attachment 87651

Dude shoo did too haha!
Old 05-11-2015, 07:27 AM
Ling

Cash: 2,271

I've been to big lake quite a few times, and I fish the bay/point when they're biting there. I have to say big lake is a little better, but there's so much more "good" fishing water there, so it keeps the fishermen spread out.

The bay/point is two places at the same time. When the trout are mainly on the outside reefs and rigs, I love it because most times you can find a spot where you're fishing alone and limiting out. Last summer was probably my best summer, we caught limits nearly every trip, and only a few times did I fish with other boats around.

When the fish come in, its a whole different story... I've had a 24' skeeter hit us with his boat. We were anchored off the main point catching, when this guy kills his motor 150' off of us and drifts straight into our anchor line with his trolling motor with leads his boat directly at the nose of ours. I wasn't ugly to him, because he's obviously an idiot and probably already knows that. The worse I've seen it though, was there were these two guys in an aluminum boat, and as soon as someone would catch a fish, it was full blast with their trolling motor and they'd go directly where you were casting. I can't even count how many times I've reeled up trout on the sides of other peoples boat, because they don't give people any room. I'll be power poled down catching with not a soul around, and 5 minutes later I'm playing bumper boats with the biggest idiots who want to be friends asking you questions like "you catching?", you tell me MF you the one who came straight to the middle of nowhere where I KNOW you've never fished before, because we just came across a random school of fish.

SO to answer your question. Vbay during the fall is the absolute worse. FULL of potlickers and people who purely cannot fish. You can always tell who the fishermen are though, and its nice when you come along them. You may cross drifts, they see you catch but they don't bother you, and you do the same to them.
Old 05-11-2015, 08:13 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,065

Quote:
Attachment 87651

You are on the wrong side of the lake there!
Old 05-11-2015, 08:22 AM
Redfish

Cash: 893

Quote:
jumped into the other boat and proceded to whip the hell out of one of them
Looking forward to the day someone does this to "Megabytes".