SaltyCajun.com http://k2-coolers.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 05-11-2015, 08:48 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopete View Post
... jumped into the other boat and proceded to whip the hell out of one of them, all the time screaming at the guy who was about standing on the motor trying to get away that 'he was next!!!' and then he got his azz whooped too.
Funny to think about, but please consider that if you enter someone else's vehicle and start beating them up, you have likely justified the use of deadly force against you.

How many would keep a pistol holstered if someone jumped in your boat and began beating people up?

You may think you are being tough and defending your fishing turf, only to receive a well-deserved Darwin award.
Old 05-11-2015, 09:08 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,357

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
Funny to think about, but please consider that if you enter someone else's vehicle and start beating them up, you have likely justified the use of deadly force against you.

How many would keep a pistol holstered if someone jumped in your boat and began beating people up?

You may think you are being tough and defending your fishing turf, only to receive a well-deserved Darwin award.
Very true. I might get mad and tell them what I think, but I be dang if I'm climbing in their boat.
Old 05-11-2015, 10:59 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,734

Quote:

yeah I thought the same thing.
Old 05-11-2015, 11:45 AM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:

thats why i dont carry a gun on my boat...
Old 05-11-2015, 12:11 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,074

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaux fishing View Post

X2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-11-2015, 12:16 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 997

Im new to this board and relatively new to inshore fishing. Ive freshwater fished for 38 years (mostly bass).

The sad part is there are enough idiots out there to have a thread started about this in the first place.

Its fishing and supposed to be fun and relaxing ...

Its mind boggling to see the fussing and arguing on here form potlicking to a$$ whippings being dished out over water space.

Respect and courtesy apparently has gone to hell !

I can say though that over the last year or so Ive seen more idiots on the water while trying my hand at inshore than I probably have in all my years of FW fishing.

What gives ?
Old 05-11-2015, 12:40 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 4,521

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaux fishing View Post
Well, I do carry in my boat and everywhere else. At 70 I'm way too old to fight or run and I'm not going to stand there and let someone beat the cr-- out of me. Having said that, I would never-ever get within 150 yards of another boat while they were fishing. I catch enough fish staying away from the popular spots and away from other boats.
Old 05-11-2015, 12:45 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,271

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd0144 View Post
Im new to this board and relatively new to inshore fishing. Ive freshwater fished for 38 years (mostly bass).

The sad part is there are enough idiots out there to have a thread started about this in the first place.

Its mind boggling to see the fussing and arguing on here form potlicking to a$$ whippings being dished out over water space.

I can say though that over the last year or so Ive seen more idiots on the water while trying my hand at inshore than I probably have in all my years of FW fishing.

What gives ?

haha I started trout fishing about 12-14 years ago, but I've always bass fished. I was blown away by how rude everyone was in the saltwater world, and its has gotten wayyy worse! Stick with the bass fishing! lol much more relaxing
Old 05-11-2015, 12:52 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeff31787 View Post
... Stick with the bass fishing! lol much more relaxing
I hear ya !

I hear what ya saying and doing both ... but for now I have been bitten by the trout bug big time !
Old 05-11-2015, 12:52 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeff31787 View Post
haha I started trout fishing about 12-14 years ago, but I've always bass fished. I was blown away by how rude everyone was in the saltwater world, and its has gotten wayyy worse! Stick with the bass fishing! lol much more relaxing
Yep, bass fishing is my passion and has been for 50+ years. In all that time and having fished in over 200 tournaments I can say than I have never had more than a couple of times when another angler got within casting distance of me.
Old 05-11-2015, 01:00 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd0144 View Post

What gives ?

I don't fish because it's relaxing. I'm intense. I rarely hit the water after daybreak and I am not off of it until I have limits of what I am fishing for or am out of gas. It's a passion with me and spend every spare second I have on the water. I'm sick and I realize it but that doesn't mean I have any tolerance for a weekend warrior who wants to potlick. I think with freshwater fishing it's easier to identify structure that holds fish. You don't have to be as precise because the fish are not as likely to be stacked up in one spot. Where as in with saltwater and especially trout fishing the fish tend to feed in schools and are more likely to be isolated. But that's still doesn't give anyone the right to potlick. And yes I am going to be rude to anyone who does it. Really really rude to the point of being hostile. Sorry I'm an a$$hole but don't crowd me and you won't have to deal with me.

Old 05-11-2015, 01:21 PM
Red Snapper

Well said Marque. Even at my age I am very intense and cherish every day on the water or in the duck blind and don't want my day to be spoiled by pilgrims.
Old 05-11-2015, 01:21 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marque View Post
I don't fish because it's relaxing. I'm intense....

... Where as in with saltwater and especially trout fishing the fish tend to feed in schools and are more likely to be isolated. But that's still doesn't give anyone the right to potlick. And yes I am going to be rude to anyone who does it. Really really rude to the point of being hostile. Sorry I'm an a$$hole but don't crowd me and you won't have to deal with me.
Understand your point of view very well and agree with you.

I get the intensity part also ... especially on tournament days.

The post was more driven from me not understanding why guys on the water have to potlick or crowd one another to the point of loosing respect for the fellow angler. That's the part that blows my mind.

I guess if I continue my new found passion for inshore I'll just have to get over it and get use to the idiots out there. Seems to be a very different world from the bass.
Old 05-11-2015, 01:31 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,414

That is why I now only fish for crappie. You meet the nicest people, boat stays clean, and its relaxing.
Old 05-11-2015, 01:37 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,578

Most freshwater (bass) fishing is much more difficult that inshore fishing. That is why less idiots do it. If you are so intense challenge yourself to find fish in other locations if your spot gets messed up. I am not saying its ok for others to crowd you but I am saying with the direction everything is going its probably not going to change and possibly get worse.
Old 05-11-2015, 01:44 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayouchub View Post
Most freshwater (bass) fishing is much more difficult that inshore fishing. That is why less idiots do it. If you are so intense challenge yourself to find fish in other locations if your spot gets messed up. I am not saying its ok for others to crowd you but I am saying with the direction everything is going its probably not going to change and possibly get worse.

Sounds like you've got everything figured out as usual.

Old 05-11-2015, 01:56 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,393

Thought fishing was suppose to be relaxing......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg why-cant-we-just-all-get-along.jpg (21.6 KB, 149 views)
Old 05-11-2015, 02:06 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,578

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marque View Post
Sounds like you've got everything figured out as usual.

I dont have anything figured out im just a "weekend warrior" as you say.
Old 05-11-2015, 02:54 PM
Flounder

Cash: 564

I try to avoid fishing community holes but sometimes I can't help myself. I don't get upset if I get potlicked on a community hole like The Cove or the Worm. On the other hand, it chaps myass when I'm the only boat in 2 square miles and someone comes park on me. It's a fact that there are a lot of fisherman that just ride around until they see another boat and go park as close to them as possible. I've literally had someone running 45mph past me and didn't realize I was fishing there but as soon as he saw me he cut so hard to come join me that he almost threw his partners out of the boat. Drops his anchor and then asks, "Hey ya'll catching?" These idiots don't have a clue how to locate fish so that's their strategy. God forbid if they see you catch anything (hardheads included) because it's 100% certain that they'll make a beeline for you. I don't think I own the water or a spot but it's called courtesy and it's disrespectful if someone anchors <30 yards away to try to "steal" fish from under your boat (especially if you're fishing with a kid and 3 grown men do it). If someone is reading this that doesn't have a problem parking on other boats please take this advice.....Try fishing a new spot.....you'll learn something!
Old 05-11-2015, 03:06 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,357

I've lost some nice fish because I try to not be bowed up on one while a boat is passing. I lower my rod and give slack til the boat goes by. Sometimes he's still on but sometimes he's not lol.