SaltyCajun.com http://cajunrodandreelrepair.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 05-16-2015, 02:36 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,717

The extremist!

Ex 14/36 monarch 12 diff colered rods stuck straight up, 50lb tacklebox fishing shrimp on the bottom nxt to the launch! More than likely happy as a lark, but an ole crab a$$ lol
Old 05-16-2015, 02:48 PM
Red Snapper

Mr personality

Ex: finest of gear all matching cloths, and 100k boat!
Refuses to wave at you even when you slow down for him!
Pissed at the world because your fishing on his day off!
Old 05-16-2015, 02:52 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,917

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide Open View Post
Mr personality

Ex: finest of gear all matching cloths, and 100k boat!
Refuses to wave at you even when you slow down for him!
Pissed at the world because your fishing on his day off!
Great one haha
Old 05-16-2015, 03:01 PM
Red Snapper

The lecturer

Pulls up on you 2 hours after sunrise and says your kind of in the wrong spot, I caught 2 rite where your at last thurs!
Thank u sir, I'm just letting the kids catch and release now! We've been done for over and hour!
Old 05-16-2015, 04:07 PM
Red Snapper

Mr Meeoggy!

Usually an undersized bote full of kungfoo fighters, all fishing the bottom keeping every 4in white trout cought!
Yelling things at each other u and I will never understsnd
Old 05-16-2015, 04:31 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,926

Yakcuser
Yaker that hates gaters but calls the game wordorn when you go to to bait your pole hes fishing under, for muddied"his water"

Yaklauncher,
Parks in the middle of the ramp for 30 mins getting everyone and everyone just right!! Then spends 30 min side by side for30 mins in a counal.

Yaksaver

On who brings one or more of said people above back to the launch when they went to far or cause they didn't watch the weather
Old 05-16-2015, 04:51 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinpox View Post
OneKnocker

-one who believes he was the first person to ever throw a one knocker

Ex- " one knocker?, yea I keep one tied on at all times"
Lmao!!
Also known as mr pro staff
Has every bait/rod company sticker on his truck and boat but is sponsored by nobody
Old 05-16-2015, 05:17 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaux fishing View Post
Lmao!!
Also known as mr pro staff
Has every bait/rod company sticker on his truck and boat but is sponsored by nobody
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (106.5 KB, 272 views)
Old 05-16-2015, 05:29 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide Open View Post
The double taker!

Ex: double back down ramp, and yo boy takes up 2!!!!
Got to love him.....then he wonder why you are shaking your head....as he casually unload his fishing equipment out the back of his truck into his boat.....
Old 05-16-2015, 09:03 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 7,965

Good lord..I'm at the taco bell drive thru, they just opened the window, and it smells amazing in there
Old 05-16-2015, 09:35 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,074

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdub View Post
Yall got one for the family that shows up husband, wife, 3 kids and dog that piles up in a carolina skiff with a 40 on it?
My dad would bring me and my two brothers fishing all the time in a 14' flat with a 25hp. When you learn to fish with 3 other people in a 14' boat there is a sharp learning curve. When your a kid who loves the fish the last thing you want is a trip cut short by someone getting a hook lodged in their cheek so you learn to pay attention, watch what you are doing, and develop casting skills that only operating in that situation can teach you. Not to mention that when you step up to a 16' boat it feels like a yacht. My brothers and I can fish on the front deck of my boat and not cross each other, I doubt that would be the case if we hadn't have learned to fish like we did. I'd probably let that guy into my spot if I ever ran into him.
Old 05-16-2015, 10:09 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 997

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marque View Post
My dad would bring me and my two brothers fishing all the time in a 14' flat with a 25hp. When you learn to fish with 3 other people in a 14' boat there is a sharp learning curve. When your a kid who loves the fish the last thing you want is a trip cut short by someone getting a hook lodged in their cheek so you learn to pay attention, watch what you are doing, and develop casting skills that only operating in that situation can teach you. Not to mention that when you step up to a 16' boat it feels like a yacht. My brothers and I can fish on the front deck of my boat and not cross each other, I doubt that would be the case if we hadn't have learned to fish like we did. I'd probably let that guy into my spot if I ever ran into him.
While I found most of these labels to be hilarious due to the fact I can actually think of a moment that fit most of them ... your story sheads light from a different angle.
Maybe some of the other labels as well are due to some people just not knowing any better. Maybe they were never shown the proper way to do things. Or proper ediqet on the water.
Yea I know ... Most of it should be common sense. But yea never know !

Thanks for sharing Marque !
Old 05-16-2015, 10:11 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr crab View Post
Good lord..I'm at the taco bell drive thru, they just opened the window, and it smells amazing in there
Someone must of farted !
Old 05-16-2015, 10:14 PM
Red Snapper

[QUOTE=jpd0144;754657]While I found most of these labels to be hilarious due to the fact I can actually think of a moment that fit most of them ... your story sheads light from a different angle.
Maybe some of the other labels as well are due to some people just not knowing any better. Maybe they were never shown the proper way to do things. Or proper ediqet on the water.

Thanks for sharing Marque ![/QUOTE

That's what 90% of it is!!!
Old 05-16-2015, 10:22 PM
Red Snapper

I was educated in shoes like marque!
Now I'm spoiled! but will never forget where my roots were planted!
Old 05-16-2015, 10:40 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,393

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr crab View Post
Bon appetit.......ER is open all night.....
Old 05-16-2015, 10:58 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd0144 View Post
While I found most of these labels to be hilarious due to the fact I can actually think of a moment that fit most of them ... your story sheads light from a different angle.

Thanks for sharing Marque !
As well most of these labels were to make fun of people that doesn't mean my original statement was aiming in that direction...Then again from his perspective I also grew up on aluminum boats and still run one, looking forward to the days where I can take out a fiberglass "yacht" of my own...There are things fishing out of an aluminum boat will teach you that you just can't pick up out of a bay boat. Redaddiction hit it right on the head when he said "a good father"....more people started off in a 14ft aluminum boat than we can imagine and it's a great way to pick up on the basics
Old 05-16-2015, 11:23 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 997

Quote:
As well most of these labels were to make fun of people that doesn't mean my original statement was aiming in that direction...Then again from his perspective I also grew up on aluminum boats and still run one, looking forward to the days where I can take out a fiberglass "yacht" of my own...There are things fishing out of an aluminum boat will teach you that you just can't pick up out of a bay boat. Redaddiction hit it right on the head when he said "a good father"....more people started off in a 14ft aluminum boat than we can imagine and it's a great way to pick up on the basics
Ddub I know exactly where ya coming from ... I started in a 14' aluminum Duracraft with a 20 hp. Merc.

Trust me I wasn't meaning anything negative towards your original comment.

I just hope I never get hit with some of these labels ( I'll try my best not to) ...

Some are just too funny !
Old 05-16-2015, 11:49 PM
Red Snapper

#googan lol Its all good man I didn't take it negatively
Old 05-17-2015, 06:32 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,074
FlagUS

Quote:
I wasn't offended and if I sounded that way it was not intentional. I don't think what kind of boat anyone has is the problem, I grew up fishing in a horse trough but I have a pretty high tech sled at the moment. I think the problem arises when we make automatic assumptions as to what type of sportsman someone is base on his possessions rather than his actions. My father was a safety first kind of teacher. Safety and courtesy go hand in hand. If you are being safe on the water there is not much that will get you labeled with any of these tags. It is not safe to get within casting distance of a couple of 300lb men flipping 10 lb redfish on the deck of their boat like they were nurf footballs and expect to get in on their action, or to float up on a couple of Texans who are loco enough to get out of a perfectly good boat to wade around with the sting rays and Rita debris, but most of all, its not safe to be and idiot or associate with them. People who do don't know the unwritten rules were not as forntunate to have the teacher I did. I am beginning to see that it is up to guys like us to fill them in. As far as I am concerned, any lesson you can teach someone is a success if the lesson is learned. Experience is a rough teacher, she gives the test first and then the lesson. I am a Marine and Marine's police themselves, the same should go for fisherman. My tone won't be friendly but it will bear tact. I won't call a guy out infront of his kids, but his girlfriends not going to save him. Other than that, if you don't start nuthin, there won't be nunthin.