SaltyCajun.com http://louisianaofficesystems.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 12-21-2011, 02:05 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334
Default Terminology

I started the training tips because it is what I do but, it may help to define some of the terminology that will be used so here are the definitions.

Hold; the process of teaching a dog to open his mouth and hold any object until asked to release.

Force Fetch; the art of introducing pressure (negative stimulas) upon command and taking it away when command is achieved (grabbing bumper).

Holes in Program; short cutting a task causing a short circuit in the training process.

Casting; the ability to handle a dog left,right,left back and right back by direction of body language (arm/hand..handling).

Pressure; stimuli that is usually negative including: e-collar, heeling stick, rope, body language,verbal.

Mark; throwing a bird in the field where the dog has to watch from a seperate location, retrieve by navigating terrain and distance.

Gun; the location from where the mark is thrown from

Maybe the mods will allow me to add to this list at a later date when more terms are introduced.
Old 12-21-2011, 02:21 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,545

cool deal raymond...some of those terms I have heard though buddies and posts on here but did not know the meaning. Growing up we didn't have dogs, but after hunting with buddies with excelllent dogs makes a hunt much more enjoyable.
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 12-21-2011, 02:32 PM
Ling

Cash: 4,851

Looks like a sticky for our new sub section