SaltyCajun.com http://cajunrodandreelrepair.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 09-15-2014, 09:29 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 8,726
Default Short slow day

We had 5 boats fishing inshore for one group. I had 2 people with me. The tide was right but everything else was off. A lot of storms in the area giving us a lot of dirty water. This water was not stained it was down right muddy. There was one place that the water was very clean but there was no bait or fish in the area. 3 boats started there and I tried it on the way back in. Nothing! My first place on the west side had a very nasty lightning storm over it so I headed across the river. I hit a few places on the way with nothing happening. Once on the other side one of my neighbors who is also a guide was there. He had 1 in the box. I went a bit further down. He went to the left and I went to the right. After a long, very frustrating time we get on the board.

I could tell the day was going to be a pick here, pick there type of day. The hard head catfish, sail cats, and stingrays gave us some action but even that was slow. It may have also been the front moving through but the bite was definitely off. Every place we went to had possibilities but the fish were not hungry. We even saw a bunch and could not get them to bite anything including shrimp. The few we caught were good ones. We did not have to measure any redfish and had no shorts.

We had to be in by noon so that limited our time to fish. My boat only had 4 fish. Another fish with our group had 3 fishermen and it came in with 5 fish. He put his fish in with mine because they were all going together. That made my box look a bit better but it was only 9 fish total for 2 boats. Of the other 3 boats I think the high hook was 8 fish for 3 fishermen.

As hard as we try we get those days.

Life is Good!
Fishing is not a matter of life or death. It's more important than that.

CAPT HOOP -- OUR FREEDOM