SaltyCajun.com http://www.boltonford.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 08-17-2009, 08:50 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,525
Thumbs down Was not impressed with Gun Show

I have not been to a gun show down here since I moved back into Louisiana...but I have to say that the one this past weekend in Lafayette was a waste of time and energy. They did have alot of hand guns but everything their that I saw and had some knowledge about was a rip off. Maybe there was some deals on guns that I did not know but man was I dissapointed. There was some nice old shot guns but when you found something close to in good shape they wanted more for it than what you buy it for in the store. On top of that they did not have as many dealers as I thought and they still charged $7 to get in. Ya'll let me know but I must have just gone to the wrong gun show or something....if they are all like this than I will save my time and energy and not go to anymore in the future.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:18 AM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

When I was looking for a Taurus Judge, I got mine, new, at a gun show for about $100 less than at any gun store I looked at.
I don't go to gun shows unless I am looking to buy something.
I have friends that go just to look.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:26 AM
Trophy Trout

Ray, I was looking for something a Nova pump and the only one in the entire gun show had rust which was not a problem for me but the guy wanted $375 for it and would not budge even with the rust...he tried to tell me it was new. I thought they would be more willing to bargin there. I found that same gun in stores new out the box for $349 and even have a better offer on a display gun from a store...so I was a little suprised he was selling it for more than all the stores I've looked at. Thanks for your input.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:30 AM
Great White

When I bought my new Nova, it was about $350, if I remember correctly. Got it from Gator Guns.
I was drooling all over them Judges for about a year before I finally found a good price. If it has rust, don't get it.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:08 AM
Banned

boat shows are even worse over there

the houston gun show in february is good
Old 08-17-2009, 11:26 AM
Ling

Cash: 2,477

They are getting pretty crappy around Baton Rouge too. They always seem to have them opening w/e of dove season or a w/e In Oct-Jan. Bad timing.
There are some good deals just have to hunt for 'em. A lot of these dealers will also come off the price. Bought a rifle a couple years ago he was asking $475.00 & talked to him for a little bit & got him down to $350 + 2 boxs of shells.
But some of 'em are high as a Giraffe's azz & won't deal.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:34 AM
Great White

When I was looking for the Judge, there was 8 dealers in the Lake Charles show and they all had the exact same price, to the penny.
I guess that they do it so no one makes less money than anyone else.
I couldn't get any them to come off the price, but I did get one of them to give me a padded case for it, for free. The rest told me that if I wanted it, I had to pay the tag price.
They said it was a popular gun at the show, so they don't come off the price at all. However, it was $100 less than when they had it at the store.
Old 08-17-2009, 03:04 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 650

They sure do suck...I dont even go anymore
Old 08-17-2009, 05:35 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556
Default Gun shows

I go to the gun shows to get items that i cant get anywhere else.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:44 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

i guess the guns shows are good around here if your lookin to furnish a gang with hi-point 9mm's for 99.00!!!! the last couple times ive went i couldnt belive the scumbags buying multiple "throw away " pistols.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:05 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,503

i went to the last gun show here in lafayette before this past weekend looking for a dpms 308. the gun i wanted was 250 more at the gun show than it was at a local dealer. the guy wouldnt come a peny off and said to me " man these guns are in high demand righ tnow i could be selling it for hundreds more" i wanted to go back with my reciept after i bought it and slap him in the face with it. last years gun show was decent and i got some good deals on a couple guns but i guess since the nobama crap this is what it will be like
Old 08-17-2009, 09:06 PM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinpox View Post
i guess the guns shows are good around here if your lookin to furnish a gang with hi-point 9mm's for 99.00!!!! the last couple times ive went i couldnt belive the scumbags buying multiple "throw away " pistols.
Yeah, that probably lead to some of my disgust with this show as well...that just gives those lefties some fuel for their stricter gun law fire.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:18 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 650

Gun show here in Lafayette is not good never has been. Whoever posted about the boat show is right too. Want lots of selection and deals go to shows in Houston, Dallas and the gun show in Okalahoma that is twice a year, its the largest show in the country and is unreal. Whatever you want and good deals/prices.