SaltyCajun.com http://www.stickemrods.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 08-25-2016, 03:59 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,926

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
its the old adage 'better safe than sorry'. CWD is a badass problem that we don't have here in Louisiana and should do everything reasonable to keep it out. it has been discovered in Texas and bringing hundreds of deer carcasses from Texas to Louisiana absolutely increases the chances of bringing it here. I hunt near Llano every year and it is an inconvenience, but ask managers in Texas, Colorado etc if they wish they have been more strict or had not listened to folks like Nugent. Just because he is unwavering in his right to keep hunting his right doesn't mean his is a hero, objective, reasonable etc. He is single minded and everyone who tries to regulate him in any way is a communist in his eyes. Re: Texas outfitters and taxidermists, they will actually get more work. I typically bring my head back to Louisiana and do a European mount or something. I won't be able to do that this year, but rather will have to have it done on Texas, so the Texas taxidermist will get my work that I typically bring back home to my locals.
that's right!! Hunting so good in la. Why would anyone want to come to tx. To hunt?? It is a real deal, only thing/heards its killing is the "game fenced ranches" !! But them deer are so inbreed just to get horns, they wouldn't ever make it outside the fence!!

It has and will away be around, before your grandparents and after your grandparents, it's coming to light cause of the high fenced places !! Do any of yall have westnile ?? Same thing fear !!! And more control....
Old 08-25-2016, 04:07 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,837

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=1_ltc3dNsPk

Smalls and everyone else who thinks CWD might even have the smallest chance of ruiningour deer hunting please watch this video and come back with opinions after watching.

Just want honest opinions.
Old 08-25-2016, 05:03 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,216

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle creek View Post

Smalls and everyone else who thinks CWD might even have the smallest chance of ruiningour deer hunting please watch this video and come back with opinions after watching.

I was already a believer that this was a fake disease when Uncle Ted said it, but now we have the truth from deer farmers. They know more than Ted does, which says a lot
Old 08-25-2016, 05:12 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:

Again it's not a problem yes white tail get get moved around, so what's the problem ? It's nothing new!! Did anyone in Rio get zijie.. no it's all bull s.....
Old 08-25-2016, 05:18 PM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy C View Post
Again it's not a problem yes white tail get get moved around, so what's the problem ? It's nothing new!! Did anyone in Rio get zijie.. no it's all bull s.....
Amen brother. Zila was another fake disease made up to put fear in people
Old 08-25-2016, 05:31 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

Quote:

You should probably read earlier in this thread where I addressed Ted's article as well as this video.

These people want to talk about the constitution being violated and deer being private property. Deer are not private property. Wildlife is not private property. The land those deer are on may be private, but the deer are not. Wildlife is a Public Trust...no one owns it.

Keith Warren, just like other people in that video, is a deer farmer. He does not have the public's interest at heart. He only has his and other wildlife horders' interests at heart.

The only thing that should be of "great concern" to anyone after watching this video is that Mr. Warren views wildlife as private property. This is not feudal Europe...wildlife cannot be owned by the rich or royal here. That is specifically why we have the Public Trust Doctrine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 08-25-2016, 05:47 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
You should probably read earlier in this thread where I addressed Ted's article as well as this video.

These people want to talk about the constitution being violated and deer being private property. Deer are not private property. Wildlife is not private property. The land those deer are on may be private, but the deer are not. Wildlife is a Public Trust...no one owns it.

Keith Warren, just like other people in that video, is a deer farmer. He does not have the public's interest at heart. He only has his and other wildlife horders' interests at heart.

The only thing that should be of "great concern" to anyone after watching this video is that Mr. Warren views wildlife as private property. This is not feudal Europe...wildlife cannot be owned by the rich or royal here. That is specifically why we have the Public Trust Doctrine.

I think you're trying to stretch this, and not everyone in there was a deer farmer. The whole private property thing was a small part of it. He was simply telling us about the (and yes it is pretty unconstitutional) story of a government agency quarantining private property for no reason. I guess you'reokay with that too though.

How bout the fact that the herds in the wild that have CWD have actually grown in size? What about all of the other facts about CWD, not private property, that were discussed? Looks like as far as I can tell there is no way to stop it, and it is a tiny tiny threat to deer herds compared to other things. This thread is about CWD and carrying deer across borders, not private property.

I hope you can agree that what the DNR did in Iowa was wrong, and the way that CWD was treated is Wisconsin was an extreme overreaction that didnway more damage than CWD ever would.

Who is to gain from CWD? Like stated in the video, I think it's pretty hard to argue the fact that at one point it was such a big deal that it negatively affected deer hunting.
Old 08-25-2016, 05:49 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,001

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPointIsDaBomb View Post
Amen brother. Zila was another fake disease made up to put fear in people
What about zijie?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 08-25-2016, 06:02 PM
King Mackeral

Never said I agreed with the Fed quarantining a property. Then again, if it is a potentially deadly disease (not referring to any disease in particular), then it may be warranted. I'm not sure CWD is that disease, but if we can prevent any disease from getting into our deer herd, I'm for it.

You point out that this thread is about carrying deer across borders and not private property. Then why post that video, which was created by deer farmers?

You asked the million dollar question that none of these people can answer...if it is some concocted disease, what is the end goal?

Answer that.

Hey, I guess the Norwegians are in on it, too.

Old 08-25-2016, 06:10 PM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feesherman View Post
What about zijie?

It's fake. Like Ebola and bird flu. Government tries to scare us with it and then it magically goes away.
Old 08-25-2016, 06:13 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Never said I agreed with the Fed quarantining a property. Then again, if it is a potentially deadly disease (not referring to any disease in particular), then it may be warranted. I'm not sure CWD is that disease, but if we can prevent any disease from getting into our deer herd, I'm for it.

You point out that this thread is about carrying deer across borders and not private property. Then why post that video, which was created by deer farmers?

You asked the million dollar question that none of these people can answer...if it is some concocted disease, what is the end goal?

Answer that.

Hey, I guess the Norwegians are in on it, too.

I don't think it was a created disease, I think it is a disease that has been around forever and we just didn't know about it. I think it warrants no threat to our deer herds, and obviously has been studied enough to know that this is most likely true. If we start letting the gov restrict and ban things every time there is the smallest chance on earth something will happen, then pretty soon we won't be able to hunt or fish at all.
Old 08-25-2016, 06:17 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,216

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPointIsDaBomb View Post
It's fake. Like Ebola and bird flu. Government tries to scare us with it and then it magically goes away.

Old 08-25-2016, 06:25 PM
Trophy Trout

The real question is who created the disease?
Old 08-25-2016, 06:50 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
I don't think it was a created disease, I think it is a disease that has been around forever and we just didn't know about it. I think it warrants no threat to our deer herds, and obviously has been studied enough to know that this is most likely true. If we start letting the gov restrict and ban things every time there is the smallest chance on earth something will happen, then pretty soon we won't be able to hunt or fish at all.
So, what do you make of this article?

http://www.prwatch.org/news/2013/06/...-infect-humans

From a half a percent in 2002 to over 5% in 2012. Thats a 10-fold increase in 10 years.

I don't think we know everything about this disease. I don't think we know how it's spread so sporadically, yet managed to find its way into 23 states. So I DEFINITELY don't think we know enough to know how severe it could become under the right conditions.

Old 08-25-2016, 06:59 PM
Red Snapper

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feesherman View Post
What about zijie?

You haven't heard about that yet?? Oh your doomed, better try to save your friends and family!!! You must have it and by Saturday you will be a goner!!! Spread the word about this new" bug running wild in the human population before it's to late!!!!

O wait that's just the internet and media trying to scare people into more regulations, !!!
Old 08-25-2016, 07:01 PM
Red Snapper

Hairout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
Again with your dumb crap ???
Old 08-25-2016, 07:07 PM
Red Snapper

First paragraph of that article compares it to mad cow disease and once again tries to scare people into thinking it could jump species. (It could, but it's highly unlikely and hasn't happened yet). Also, this was a much smaller sample size, and even if it has increased, it hasn't affected the herd. There was an elk herd in South Dakota that had a much larger population that tested positive, and what happened, you guessed it, the herd thrived.

To date, I think I read earlier in another article, that of all samples in every animal they have taken since they started studying it, right around 1% have tested positive.
Old 08-25-2016, 07:26 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
First paragraph of that article compares it to mad cow disease and once again tries to scare people into thinking it could jump species. (It could, but it's highly unlikely and hasn't happened yet). Also, this was a much smaller sample size, and even if it has increased, it hasn't affected the herd. There was an elk herd in South Dakota that had a much larger population that tested positive, and what happened, you guessed it, the herd thrived.

To date, I think I read earlier in another article, that of all samples in every animal they have taken since they started studying it, right around 1% have tested positive.
You do realize that CWD and Mad Cow are the same type of disease right? You said it yourself, they have not proven that it CANNOT jump. I don't agree with scare tactics, but being informed of POTENTIAL hazards is never a bad thing.

Again, I'm not arguing that it has brought disaster on a herd. But why is it more prevalent in some herds than others? What if the right situation presented itself for this disease to do a lot of damage to a herd?

What is an acceptable number of deer dying by this disease, in your opinion? Keep in mind, deer likely won't just die by this disease, but by hunting, predation, old age, other diseases, collisions with vehicles. This disease can infect any age class. Older deer appear to be more susceptible to it (likely due to decreased vigor).

Old 08-25-2016, 08:02 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

A lot of what ifs.
Old 08-25-2016, 08:03 PM
Red Snapper

Headknocker

Quote:
You do realize that CWD and Mad Cow are the same type of disease right? You said it yourself, they have not proven that it CANNOT jump. I don't agree with scare tactics, but being informed of POTENTIAL hazards is never a bad thing.

Again, I'm not arguing that it has brought disaster on a herd. But why is it more prevalent in some herds than others? What if the right situation presented itself for this disease to do a lot of damage to a herd?

What is an acceptable number of deer dying by this disease, in your opinion? Keep in mind, deer likely won't just die by this disease, but by hunting, predation, old age, other diseases, collisions with vehicles. This disease can infect any age class. Older deer appear to be more susceptible to it (likely due to decreased vigor).

What if what if?? What if we ban car's from hitting deer, what if we just ban car's??? WHAT if WHAT
If what if, let's put signs up so deer won't Cross the roads and get hit!!! This as always been around and always will be it's nothing to worry about unless you make your money deer hunting and even then it's nothing too worry about!!