SaltyCajun.com http://louisianaofficesystems.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hobby Forums > The Trading Floor (Investing, Stocks, Bonds)

The Trading Floor (Investing, Stocks, Bonds) Discuss investing and investments here! Do your own due diligence before investing. We are not responsible for any advice or recommendations within this forum!

Old 06-24-2015, 05:45 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,474

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern151 View Post
Apple Inc. (AAPL) Chief Executive Tim Cook added to the chorus Sunday: "My thoughts are with the victim's families in SC. Let us honor their lives by eradicating racism & removing the symbols & words that feed it."
Let the media ask the top dogs of Walmart, AT&T, Facebook, Target, or the governors of any state in the nation, what their views are on those victims, and see if they don't give the same basic response. People are running scared these days. I mean really...removing anything and everything confederate? It's become insane. This isn't hard to see. But it is sad to see. And I see no end to it.
Old 06-24-2015, 11:33 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Apple filed a friend of the court brief in SCOTUS supporting gay marriage and the persecution of Christians refusing to participate in gay weddings as a matter of conscience.

Apple earns a very low rating by supporting liberal causes. See:

http://www.2ndvote.com/scores/apple
Old 06-25-2015, 08:09 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,071

Don't give a S!!!! about Apple's social views. Still a great investment.

I think of it this way. There are many singers and actors that I don't agree with on their political or religious views, but I still love their talents and go watch their movie or listen to their songs. For example, Sean Penn or Tom Cruise. Great actors but I would prefer them to shut up on their views. I say prefer because I believe in freedom of speech.

If you only invest based on political/social views that align more with Jindal, buy chick-fil-a or Hobby Lobby.
Old 06-25-2015, 11:32 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,474

Amen. Invest like an invester. Again, you don't want to research the things walmart has done, or their company practices, or the way they treat employees. Or customers for that matter(love the way they check me at the door to see if I'm stealing anything). Bottom line is wether the stock makes you money-nothing else matters. It's about business.