SaltyCajun.com lake Area Marine

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hobby Forums > The Trading Floor (Investing, Stocks, Bonds)

The Trading Floor (Investing, Stocks, Bonds) Discuss investing and investments here! Do your own due diligence before investing. We are not responsible for any advice or recommendations within this forum!

Old 05-18-2012, 05:47 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Just what I (Xspeck TED) from FB.........
Old 05-18-2012, 06:16 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,190

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Just what I (Xspeck TED) from FB.........
No harm no foul, got in and got out. In low and out high, to bad it did not go to 50....
Old 05-18-2012, 06:23 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Maybe in a stronger market but not in this mess were in right now.............All I see is RED RED RED in my Portfolios

My Apache is down to $80.... ATPG down to 4.99 and BAC Dont even look....
Few Stocks im doing good in is LNG becuase I just bought it.....

OILT
AT&T
PFE
Old 05-18-2012, 07:38 PM
Site Owner/Admin

One of my clients raised 25mm this morning in a small secondary offering but they had to struggle to do it.
Old 05-19-2012, 09:11 AM
Flounder

Cash: 623

There is a way to buy (and trade) pre-IPO stock in private companies. One of sites is called Sharepost. https://welcome.sharespost.com/ . FB was auctioning shares through them before the IPO and the shares were going to $28 - $38 per share and the minimum investment was $100K. I found these guys after the LinkedIn IPO. You have to be an acredited investor to invest with them (minimum net worth requirement and a salary threshhold). I will post their intro statement in the next post.
Old 05-19-2012, 09:13 AM
Flounder

Cash: 623

WELCOME TO SHARESPOST

SharesPost is changing the way companies, investors and shareholders will transact in the pre-IPO economy. We’re building a market where the leading private growth companies can satisfy their shareholders’ desire for liquidity without sacrificing control. Where technology connects companies in need of growth capital with investors in search of growth investments. And where technology and hands-on expertise come together to create efficiencies, accelerate transactions, forge connections, and empower participants.

Founded in 2009, SharesPost is the only online platform that efficiently connects forward-thinking investors with late-stage venture-backed companies and their shareholders. We have the largest online network of private company investors ever assembled and the broadest offering of independent, third-party research. It’s all designed to make the process of managing secondary liquidity and raising primary capital easier and more transparent than ever before.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:57 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

And FB is heading straight South as predicted ..down over $3 this a.m. ....
Old 05-21-2012, 10:10 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,554

Quote:
And FB is heading straight South as predicted ..down over $3 this a.m. ....
You are the Nostradamus of SC
Old 05-21-2012, 10:27 AM
Site Owner/Admin

I am glad that me and my buddies all got out of FB on Friday with at least a little profit.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:33 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

$4 and falling
Old 05-25-2012, 07:59 PM
Redfish

Cash: 750
Default stupid

What pisses me off is the people that want to sue Facebook and the companies that handled the IPO for "overpricing" it. Same thing that pisses me off when people whine of price gouging during hurricanes/natural disasters. Take an economics course, there is no such thing as price gouging. There is a market price, and without an artificial ceiling or floor it takes care of itself.

They priced a stock at what they believe to be market price. Some like myself look at other similar companies(google) that in essence sell the same thing(online advertising) make more money and cheaper price/earnings ratio. I evaluate that data, take into account the market frenzy and hype of the IPO and make an informed decision about whether or not I can profit from it.

If I buy and profit great, if I buy and lose that's my fault. They sold it at market price(what someone is willing to pay), if they had priced it at $100,000 a share it wouldn't have all sold. If the priced it at .10c a share it would have gone in 2 minutes and they wouldn't have raised what they needed. Just because somebody didn't get the pop they wanted and make money doesn't mean Facebook or the companies that priced the IPO are at fault. The BUYER is at fault. Americans need to have some accountability, sometimes humans are WRONG. Take your licks.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:12 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Well stated sir! If my business bellies up tomorrow, guess what, I didn't do it right. It's MY fault! Capitalism is being shaken down by dummies who want to gain and never lose. In essence, capitalism is dying, which is what many want now days.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:32 PM
Redfish

Cash: 780

Quote:
Maybe in a stronger market but not in this mess were in right now.............All I see is RED RED RED in my Portfolios

My Apache is down to $80.... ATPG down to 4.99 and BAC Dont even look....
Few Stocks im doing good in is LNG becuase I just bought it.....

OILT
AT&T
PFE
If you don't already know, look into Flotek Industries (FTK).... small cap oil field services company that specializes in hydraulic fracturing fluids/chemicals.

Add to watch list
Old 05-25-2012, 11:39 PM
Flounder

Cash: 739

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun Outdoors View Post
What pisses me off is the people that want to sue Facebook and the companies that handled the IPO for "overpricing" it. Same thing that pisses me off when people whine of price gouging during hurricanes/natural disasters. Take an economics course, there is no such thing as price gouging. There is a market price, and without an artificial ceiling or floor it takes care of itself.

They priced a stock at what they believe to be market price. Some like myself look at other similar companies(google) that in essence sell the same thing(online advertising) make more money and cheaper price/earnings ratio. I evaluate that data, take into account the market frenzy and hype of the IPO and make an informed decision about whether or not I can profit from it.

If I buy and profit great, if I buy and lose that's my fault. They sold it at market price(what someone is willing to pay), if they had priced it at $100,000 a share it wouldn't have all sold. If the priced it at .10c a share it would have gone in 2 minutes and they wouldn't have raised what they needed. Just because somebody didn't get the pop they wanted and make money doesn't mean Facebook or the companies that priced the IPO are at fault. The BUYER is at fault. Americans need to have some accountability, sometimes humans are WRONG. Take your licks.
WOW what a dip sh....

Sent from my SAMSUNG INFUSE 4G using Tapatalk
Old 05-26-2012, 07:54 AM
Redfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by deek248 View Post
WOW what a dip sh....

Sent from my SAMSUNG INFUSE 4G using Tapatalk
A well articulated point DEEK. You're an asset to this forum.
Old 05-26-2012, 11:46 AM
Redfish

Cash: 780

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun Outdoors View Post

I believe Facebook and Morgan Stanley are being sued for withholding and/or concealing vital information related to the company's financials:

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/05/23...-little-worse/
Old 05-27-2012, 10:32 AM
Redfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeckleBUTTCHEEKS View Post
I believe Facebook and Morgan Stanley are being sued for withholding and/or concealing vital information related to the company's financials:

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/05/23...-little-worse/
That remains to be proven, but we will see. You can sue anyone for anything, whether or not you prevail is another thing entirely. They may have tipped off some investors, happens everyday, in which case that's egg on their face. But did the people joining in on the suit really rely on that misinformation? Maybe. Or maybe they're just looking for a target to blame because they didn't double their money on a roll of the dice.

JMO, I have no dog in this fight. I switched everything to municipal bonds when the Dow hit 13200. Not getting back in till after the election.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:42 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Where will it bottom $15-$20 is where I believe
Old 05-29-2012, 03:26 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,584

Quote:
Where will it bottom $15-$20 is where I believe

Old 05-29-2012, 04:06 PM
Site Owner/Admin