SaltyCajun.com http://www.gator-tail.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > Quitters and Losers Forum

Quitters and Losers Forum Come here to discuss self-improvement challenges, such as losing weight or quitting tobacco, alcohol, drugs, etc. NO BASHING and NO OFF-TOPIC POSTING in this forum! Lead, follow, or get outta the way!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-12-2015, 12:45 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

I've had a lot of success with a minimal amount of setting goals and then keeping records to see if I reach the goal. The attached pic shows my mountain biking/kayaking goal and progress for the second half of 2015. In the past, I've used weight goals. Nothing like setting a goal and charting one's progress to keep the motivation up.

I'm posting the current chart to social media once a week, and a few friends are being consistent in offering encouragement and feedback, usually along the lines of not letting the progress drop below the line keeping pace with the goal.

I think the science is pretty solid showing that aerobic/cardio is better at achieving and maintaining healthier weights and BMI in the long run. The science is also pretty solid showing the risk factors for diabetes are also better mitigated with aerobic/cardio/reduced calories. If lifting weights does not reduce your BMI or waistline, you are likely not reducing your diabetes risks or quality of life and health in the long run.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mountain Biking.jpg (47.5 KB, 525 views)