SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CalcasieuExtremeRods

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 07-15-2011, 07:38 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,188

Quote:
Originally Posted by outcast View Post
Flyfisherman are better than any one! Especially ones that tie there own flies. ( like me) You start making your own baits and catching fish, then come talk to me
That must mean I am king of this virtual hill, considering I taught you a lot of what you are doing now.
Old 07-15-2011, 07:45 PM
Super Moderator

Cash: 18,484

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediumheavyaction6'6 View Post
That must mean I am king of this virtual hill, considering I taught you a lot of what you are doing now.
Shouldn't you be studying or something?

Y'all both da man in my book!

Sent from my EVO
Old 07-15-2011, 07:46 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,393

Quote:
If you call verbal abuse "teaching". Then yes, you have taught me alot!!
Old 07-15-2011, 07:55 PM
King Mackeral

I badger because I love
Old 07-15-2011, 08:04 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I badger because I love
Hey, I never felt the love then! You never badgered me.

Sent from my EVO
Old 07-15-2011, 08:24 PM
King Mackeral

You get one trip of the nice me then you get the real me. The first time Ryan and I fished I was really nice to him.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:33 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
You get one trip of the nice me then you get the real me. The first time Ryan and I fished I was really nice to him.
Well, when's the next trip? I want to see you badger me!

Sent from my EVO
Old 07-15-2011, 08:42 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,604

The Shaft wants to be badgered . . . . .
Old 07-15-2011, 10:14 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,505

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckinchen View Post
Agreed, well said. This thread was started by somoene that wanted to get a big debate started and mess with everyone which is fine. They got what they wanted.
I was thinking the same thing.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:21 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,468

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
This is not to make fun of one way or the other....some are getting bent out of shape..

on the bad fishing part...Its not that every guy who uses live bait can not fish or is a bad fisherman with no respect ...>it the higher percentage of people who use live bait are....NOT ALL just more

Like with T-Top boats...Not all who have a T-Top is a bad fisherman but the higher % who have them are....They seem to be the ones who mess up people the most...NOT ALL

also live vs artificial

I know several guides personal who will not use live bait and the only exception for them to ever have it in there boat is...KIDS or Senior citizens fishing

IMO..If your a guide and can not put a good number of trout in your boat on plastic all year long...your not that good

I have seen guides throwing live shrimp at sunrise....WOW.. That shows me a few things about him right off the bat...#1 Lazy #2 has no confidence in his ability to catch fish on plastic #3 lack lots of knowledge

There should be no reason for a guide to be throwing live shrimp at daylight or even the 1st 3 hours....

all my years on Big lake...I know for a Fact there is one month and one month only it is hard to catch lots of numbers on plastic and that is August....every other month you can load them up....

If im a guide I want to teach people how to fish...Not go set anchor and throw crickets under a cork and say reel in...That is not teaching them anything ,,,and there is a reason why they hired you or your company....so teach them how to use plastic and catch fish

I take guys all the time who never fish saltwater...I always show them how you use plastic and teach them why and what we are doing while fishing....they will leave my boat knowing more than they came on it with.....

Maybe i'm way off, but I kinda thought the whole point of hireing a guide was so that you could fill the boat with fish? Hence "Guide", not "fishing instructor"! Most who get guides just want to catch fish!
Old 07-16-2011, 01:05 AM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
When do I get the nice trip??? I don't think I ever got one....
Old 07-16-2011, 01:15 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,192

Quote:
Originally Posted by evidrine View Post
Maybe i'm way off, but I kinda thought the whole point of hireing a guide was so that you could fill the boat with fish? Hence "Guide", not "fishing instructor"! Most who get guides just want to catch fish!
You didn't know Capt. JLT!!
Old 07-16-2011, 07:32 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaux fishing View Post
When do I get the nice trip??? I don't think I ever got one....
Hahaha!

Sent from my EVO
Old 07-16-2011, 07:41 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:

Hiring a guide is not going to just fill your boat full of fish....I know a few guides who teach people things and if you dont catch a fish or its a bad day....do you want to come back in know the same as you left that morning?? Really??... Just last week i had a buddy who has been fishing all his life but just started saltwater fishing...He made 5 trips to the lake with litttle sucess....He came with me and we limited at 9am....he didnt care about that at all...he asked 1000 questions on what to look far,tides, why I fish here and what holds fish.....He came back in with a whole new look to saltwater fishing.....It was not that he could not fish...Guy is a hell of a bass fisherman...I just wanted to know more things.....This to him was worth more than 30 trout...He learned something....

hell i learn things every year about fishing.....When you stop learning you have lost the will to be better
Old 07-16-2011, 09:09 AM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,314
Default Maybe

Quote:
I was a guide on Calcasieu for 5 years, and there are both kinds of customers. I had those that expected to catch a limit when they went and those that did not.

Some would ask questions, "Why are we fishing here?", "What is better on incoming tide?', "What holds fish?", etc. Many of those were people that had fished before and just wanted to learn more.

Some would come just for a day on the lake.

I had one customer that came 12 times a year. Knew the lake almost as good as I did. I asked him why don't you buy you a boat and save some money? His response was he couldn't pay a note, upkeep, repairs on a boat for what he spent to come with me and I was on the lake enough that I knew where the fish were.

So, people go with guides for many reasons.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:54 AM
Redfish

Cash: 889

My wife and I do 80% plastics or topwater and maybe 20% live...well that should be dead cause during winter she likes cutbait for bulls. For specs well 90% plastic and 10% live mainly minnows when they just wont bite and we soak one while we eatin lunch. She loves plastics...everytime we go to a store she pics out the new plastic to try....can I tell you I love my wife.....
Old 07-16-2011, 09:59 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,604

Quote:
Originally Posted by justwant2fish View Post
My wife and I do 80% plastics or topwater and maybe 20% live...well that should be dead cause during winter she likes cutbait for bulls. For specs well 90% plastic and 10% live mainly minnows when they just wont bite and we soak one while we eatin lunch. She loves plastics...everytime we go to a store she pics out the new plastic to try....can I tell you I love my wife.....
Goood find!! Hang on tite to that one!
Old 07-16-2011, 01:33 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by justwant2fish View Post

My wife also...She loves to throw plastic.....Mostly she will just pick a color that looks good....and sometimes she will hammer them ......Her favorite bait is a pink sparkle beetle
Old 07-16-2011, 09:15 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,468

I guess all im tryin to get at is that anyone that goes out and catches fish can be called a "real fisherman". When it comes down to it, it doesnt matter what you use. After all, the whole point of fishing is and always will be to catch fish.
Old 07-17-2011, 12:05 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,505

Quote:
I guess all im tryin to get at is that anyone that goes out and catches fish can be called a "real fisherman". When it comes down to it, it doesnt matter what you use. After all, the whole point of fishing is and always will be to catch fish.
Excellent point.