SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlesurgentcare.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hobby Forums > The Trading Floor (Investing, Stocks, Bonds)

The Trading Floor (Investing, Stocks, Bonds) Discuss investing and investments here! Do your own due diligence before investing. We are not responsible for any advice or recommendations within this forum!

Old 01-31-2011, 05:31 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829
Churn Lng stock

Cheniere Energy made a 15% jump today!!!! I bought shares in OCT.... Still low enough to jump on some good money ! LNG Stock was a $44 stock few years back....could be on that same track!!! ....but Im selling out at $15 if it makes it there

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=LNG
Old 02-01-2011, 02:07 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

LNG information:

Return on Equity [ROE]........not rated.

Profit Margin......................-4.4%

Operating Cash flow............-15.26M

Price/Earnings [P/E ratio].....-5.6

Analyst Opinion................... No Strong buys. Only 2 Analyst listed.

Short % of Float.................. 28.9% [this is a really high number]

This stock [on paper] does not look good.......but it has made a good run [doubled in price] in the past 3 months. Would require more research to see if there is a "GOOD" reason or just speculation for why the stock has gone up.

Congradulations on your great buy.......but watch it closely, it could have a correction......the shorts are betting on it. Maybe the short's were bailing out today to cover their losses.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:29 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

I just bought it because it was so cheap and so at $7 I have double my investment.

I usually like to buy long term stocks with good div/ but Im going to hold for a while on this one....... I will probably have to sell if it hits $15....just to much gain to lose
Old 02-01-2011, 07:44 AM
Great White

Cash: 1,167

Natural gas has a big future in the US.
Oil stocks are supposed to go up too. Because I just got out after hitting a big profit.
My companies stock is going thru the roof...
Old 02-01-2011, 07:47 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Ray what is your company symbol?
Old 02-01-2011, 08:11 AM
Great White

Cash: 1,167

rds-a

Went from $54 to $71 in the past 6 months with just one dip(that's when I got out).
When the markets went down last week, it went up.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:09 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

GE ,PFE and LNG are moving good.....
Old 02-02-2011, 10:40 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

up to $8 dollars today...still climbing
Old 02-03-2011, 09:08 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 813

bought it at $1 per share inside my IRA...
Old 02-14-2011, 02:18 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrost View Post
bought it at $1 per share inside my IRA...

LNG is going up 7% today..... I hope you got a lot of shares at $1 because you could bank some BIG BUCKS.....

Think I should sell at $14 if it gets there?
Old 02-14-2011, 02:41 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,554

Jeremy, just trade with Stop Limits and don't worry about it. Back when I traded I would set stops based on the percentage I was willing to lose and as a stock ticked higher I would adjust it for average daily volatility. Stop Limits set a floor for total loss and also allow you to lock in a set gain.

I would only be in this stock as a trade play and that's it. US has something like 750 TCF of proven natural gas reserves. Current stock pop is based on a Dominican Republic deal that wouldn't actually flow until 2015 and that's assuming they can actually export domestic gas.

Enjoy the ride but set stop limits and enjoy your gain.
Old 02-14-2011, 02:46 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,834

Someone stayed at a holiday inn express last night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedatiger View Post
Jeremy, just trade with Stop Limits and don't worry about it. Back when I traded I would set stops based on the percentage I was willing to lose and as a stock ticked higher I would adjust it for average daily volatility. Stop Limits set a floor for total loss and also allow you to lock in a set gain.

I would only be in this stock as a trade play and that's it. US has something like 750 TCF of proven natural gas reserves. Current stock pop is based on a Dominican Republic deal that wouldn't actually flow until 2015 and that's assuming they can actually export domestic gas.

Old 02-14-2011, 04:08 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:

This is no long term ride........ But im going to bleed it out .... got it around $3 mark...... Trying to pay off my boat
Old 02-14-2011, 04:51 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
This is no long term ride........ But im going to bleed it out .... got it around $3 mark...... Trying to pay off my boat
Put in a stop limit at say $8.00 or $8.25. If it hits $9 then move it up and keep following the trend. But if you have a stop limit then you know what your gain will be and you don't have to constantly watch it...
Old 02-15-2011, 01:07 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,763

Stops cost every time you put one on. "W" keep an eye on how long you own a stock. You have to watch out for Short Term Capital Gains. Taxes will eat up your profit quick quick. A stop is a good safety device but to many people over use them they eat up your profit too.

LNG is the future. I am currently working a large Gas field in West Africa and there are TONS of gas reserves around the world. The number one thing killing the indusrty right now is a lack of LNG plants. The company I used to work for is in the process of making a floating LNG plant and it will work. Once that is off the ground it will open up lots of areas to future development.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:49 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 813

Quote:
Put in a stop limit at say $8.00 or $8.25. If it hits $9 then move it up and keep following the trend. But if you have a stop limit then you know what your gain will be and you don't have to constantly watch it...
While I agree with you on the stop limit, the price mentioned is much too close to the current trading price.....which could easily trigger a sale that you might not be ready to make.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:35 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrost View Post
While I agree with you on the stop limit, the price mentioned is much too close to the current trading price.....which could easily trigger a sale that you might not be ready to make.

Roger that.....like today...It has dropped 3%
Old 02-15-2011, 02:56 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,529

stay in netflix...
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 02-15-2011, 03:48 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

all my gains yesterday off LNG is gone...took a beat down today.... I was hoping to jump into $9 and sell half..
Old 02-15-2011, 05:00 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by I make oil View Post
Stops cost every time you put one on. "W" keep an eye on how long you own a stock. You have to watch out for Short Term Capital Gains. Taxes will eat up your profit quick quick. A stop is a good safety device but to many people over use them they eat up your profit too.

LNG is the future. I am currently working a large Gas field in West Africa and there are TONS of gas reserves around the world. The number one thing killing the indusrty right now is a lack of LNG plants. The company I used to work for is in the process of making a floating LNG plant and it will work. Once that is off the ground it will open up lots of areas to future development.
Stops shouldn't cost you anything unless they are triggered. And at that point it is the same cost as what normally applies to a buy/sale transaction unless you are going through a broker. Taxes will definitely hit you, but W clearly stated he wasn't in this stock for long term so it was implied that cap gains would hit him anyway. I am no expert, but my background is risk and I am just making the suggestion that if you open a position you should immediately know what your max loss will be and you should have an implied target for a gain. I have watched too many people buy something, then have a huge (paper) gain, only to watch it go to nothing. If you're in a position short term, then take your gain and walk away - then use that gain to play the game again. The market is dominated by the big players, and high frequency traders, so take what it gives you.

As far as LNG is concerned, is may be a play, but I don't see it in the US, unless legislature is passed to allow for exportation of US gas beyond North America. People are finding nat gas everywhere they drill - and that's globally! I used to work for the Russians and their hope was that Russian gas would be exported to the US market by 2012. That was based on the assumption that US gas reserves were drying up and that Canadian gas was going to be diverted from US markets to growing demand areas in Canada. The amount of US cargoes actually received is laughable. The current market is Europe/Japan.

Just look at our recent weather if you want an indication. We've had a record cold spell and gas still can't break $4...