SaltyCajun.com http://www.jerrys-marine.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 08-18-2015, 02:18 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,486
Default A kids bull red/drum weekend

Went to a buddy's camp in Dularge this past weekend. Picked up a bushel of crabs, loaded up the boat and made our way across the marsh from Dulac to the camp on Bayou Dularge. Did our first trip to Grand Pass Friday evening and got nothing. Next morning made a bumpy run across Sister Lake to a new (to me) spot. A few catfish and then discovered the GF's backpack and phone had been placed in the live well en route and subsequently had filled a bit when we stopped. Beat a hasty retreat back to the camp, threw the new iPhone Six jumbo model in a bag of brown rice and went to plan B.

On to Grand Pass with only a few hours before the Jiggin' for Jean Rodeo (fundraiser for Jean Lake's - wife of Capt. Bill Lake - cancer treatment). Lost a few big ones and landed a few drum just small enough to eat, but nothing to weigh.

Sunday storms kept many off the water, but a most of the rain fizzled as it neared the camp, so we headed back to Grand Pass. Better luck and better action in a two hour trip, with a hammer drum and red and several good eaters with no worms. Good time had by all. Pics on tapatalk.

Few notes: Steel leader saved the slot red from breaking off when my 12 yo daughter couldn't control her fish near the pilings we were tied to. Otherwise my Curados and medium heavy rods and 50# braid (same rig I use for marsh red fishing) handled the 2-3 oz weights and crabs in 25-30 feet of water and were more than adequate on the big fish except for the ones that found deep obstructions. Also, fresh - and even not so fresh - dead cold crabs worked just as well as live. Only one crab was bad after 40 hours in the cold.
Old 08-18-2015, 03:09 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

I've spent a drunken nights at Grand Pass..... nice trip.