SaltyCajun.com http://www.gclendingservices.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 09-10-2012, 01:52 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546
Hairout $90k in one day!!!

Just left the grocery store...Slap full of full buggies and blue cards with the shape of the state on it!

When I finally made it to the front with my $30 worth of stuff, I asked the gal what the heck was going on and she said the "emergency" $ was hitting. She went on to say that their ONE store did $90k in EBT sales yesterday!

It looked like a grocery store "Black Friday!"
Old 09-10-2012, 02:16 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

I **** you now, I passed on HWY 90 in front of the Alario center yesterday on my way to the Saints game. They had cars for at least 5/8 mile of a mile parked in every nnok and cranny you could get into on both sides of HWY 90. You would have thought they were giving away $100,000. This was for the people who's last names were from s-z. Took us an extra 20 minutes to go through that crap. One person had her brand new Altima parked in a ditch, my wife took a pic of it. They were all dressed better than me as well.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:17 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488

We hit a house at 3am the other day w/ search warrant. Family of adult male/female, w/3 kids living w/ them ranging in age from 20's to teens, and 2 grandchildren. The house had 3 freezers besides the freezer that was attached to the fridge in the kitchen. Each freezer had a padlock, which was opened during the search. Inside, the freezers were filled from top to bottom w/ the best cuts of meats. (beef and pork).

No chicken, no hamburger, no vegetables..............just everything else you and I cook on weekends after a long hard week of work. We suspect (can't prove) they are trading/selling drugs for this along with other things that were located (including a stolen motorcycle).
Old 09-10-2012, 02:22 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,550

How many in here refused the FEMA money after Katrina and Rita?

MY point is dont hate the people hate the stupid *** system. People will naturally take whatever you give them for free. Most have no clue where the money comes from or care for that matter. Have you ever truly tried to argue Obamacare with a typical Obama supporter? I made that mistake and it was like talking to a brick wall. A very ignorant brick wall that only knew they were going to get free health care.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:22 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,113

Come on boys, it is an election year - happy people vote more often - what do you expect. greasing the polls
Old 09-10-2012, 02:25 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,530

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern151 View Post
Just left the grocery store...Slap full of full buggies and blue cards with the shape of the state on it!

When I finally made it to the front with my $30 worth of stuff, I asked the gal what the heck was going on and she said the "emergency" $ was hitting. She went on to say that their ONE store did $90k in EBT sales yesterday!

It looked like a grocery store "Black Friday!"

man get your butt back to work we gotta work so those poor folk can keep up with the joneses.....
Old 09-10-2012, 02:26 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

I agree with the broken system theory 100%. People are just over-educated animals and, if you start feeding them, you'll have to continue feeding them because, within a short time span, they come to be dependant or expectant of such things.

Still, I am floored that this kind of $ went through one small store in a day! As far as being turned away from any other assistance, I wouldn't know. I always just took the, "Get your arse back to work" approach...Thus far, it's kept the kids fed although not with 30 lbs of filets!
Old 09-10-2012, 02:45 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

In high school this fella I ran with wore a shirt that said "there is no free lunch"

tis true, no such thing as 'free' someone has to pay
Old 09-10-2012, 02:48 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 10,192

I saw the title and thought you had made 90 bets with "W"
Old 09-10-2012, 07:46 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 909

I paid $80 to have a $20 part shipped for my bullet casting machine to come overnight via USPS so I could make some money. Well it didn't show up. I called USPS and asked them why it didn't come, they said they prioritized mail and only delivered government checks that day. Didn't get the part until the Tuesday after labor day weekend. Shut down for the storm, then for Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday thanks to the people who had to get their government money.

I guess making money with your own business is not a priority to the government. At least I got my $80 back.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:52 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,505

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finfeatherfur View Post
We hit a house at 3am the other day w/ search warrant. Family of adult male/female, w/3 kids living w/ them ranging in age from 20's to teens, and 2 grandchildren. The house had 3 freezers besides the freezer that was attached to the fridge in the kitchen. Each freezer had a padlock, which was opened during the search. Inside, the freezers were filled from top to bottom w/ the best cuts of meats. (beef and pork).

No chicken, no hamburger, no vegetables..............just everything else you and I cook on weekends after a long hard week of work. We suspect (can't prove) they are trading/selling drugs for this along with other things that were located (including a stolen motorcycle).
Good job. Keep busting these low life's. By the way what did y'all do with the meat. I could use a good ribeye. Lol

Sent from my stupid iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-10-2012, 07:54 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Chuck Duck View Post
I saw the title and thought you had made 90 bets with "W"
Lol

Old 09-10-2012, 09:35 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 10,192

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastmerc View Post
Good job. Keep busting these low life's. By the way what did y'all do with the meat. I could use a good ribeye. Lol

I wouldn't have trusted it.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:47 AM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Chuck Duck View Post
I wouldn't have trusted it.
Lol. True.

Old 09-11-2012, 08:39 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastmerc View Post

Not a dang thing! Couldn't touch anything but drugs! Most of this meat is suspected to be shoplifted or paid for by the EBT card, then turned over for crack/pills. By the way, we are paying for the pills they are selling also! Isn't this country great!
Old 09-11-2012, 10:17 AM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finfeatherfur View Post
Not a dang thing! Couldn't touch anything but drugs! Most of this meat is suspected to be shoplifted or paid for by the EBT card, then turned over for crack/pills. By the way, we are paying for the pills they are selling also! Isn't this country great!
It's wonderful.