SaltyCajun.com http://www.gclendingservices.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 07-29-2015, 06:53 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,393

Quote:
Originally Posted by youmyboyblue View Post
The lion was 13 years old. He was fixing to die, according to statistics, of natural causes as their life expectancy is 10-14 years. I would rather see the hunter pay 50k, of which plenty is given to conservation, the meat is donated instead of ole Cecil dying naturally and becoming bait for other lions.
My black lab is 13 years old, I am not running outside to pop a cap in her a$$ to stuff her..... And you dreaming if a penny will go to the Wild life conservation... my .02... I am going back to reading fishing reports....
Old 07-29-2015, 06:56 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,728

Here we go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-29-2015, 07:03 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,152

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speck Attack View Post
My black lab is 13 years old, I am not running outside to pop a cap in her a$$ to stuff her..... And you dreaming if a penny will go to the Wild life conservation... my .02... I am going back to reading fishing reports....
I would think shooting your pet really don't compare to this but..
It is widely known and publicized that without paid hunts in Africa, there would be no hunting in Africa bc of poaching etc.
Old 07-29-2015, 07:22 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by AubreyLaHaye458 View Post
Here we go

No I am done.....it is hard..however I am done....
Old 07-29-2015, 07:46 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,245

God I have already drank way to nuch to comment on this post

Old 07-29-2015, 08:04 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

One group of Americans are killing babies and selling parts

And 1 guy killed a lion

I would love to shoot a lion
Old 07-29-2015, 08:05 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

And it was 100% legal
Old 07-29-2015, 08:08 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

We had some animal rights wackos around the farm when I raised cattle in Ohio. They would open the gates and let our cattle out, "rescue" our dogs, and climb up in our deer stands and take a #2 right before deer season started. They made life difficult in a number of ways. Eventually, improved security and mindfulness put an end to the nonsense, but it was a major annoyance and could have been very difficult. Fortunately, a local deputy who knew how to handle cattle drove past right as the cattle got loose, called me immediately and was well on the way to getting them back in by the time I got there.
Old 07-29-2015, 08:12 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
I bet you killed snakes , lizards, bees, whasp, mosquito

And did it bother you ?
Old 07-29-2015, 08:12 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,216

If it's true, I'm not sure I'm ok with the fact that this lion was part of a study and had a collar, and that the hunters/guides removed the collar which is illegal from what I understand.

It seems they may have lured the Lion off of the park/preserve/whatever and knew they did something wrong because they had various stories on where it was killed, plus the Zimbabwe police locked them up - apparently it wasn't as clear cut as it should have been.

I won't pass opinion until the facts are out on how it went down, if what they did was illegal and wasn't part of conservation then he deserves to be chastised.
Old 07-29-2015, 08:20 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

If you call luring the Lion with a dead gazelle then yes they did . Just like we do ducks with decoys !

Or better example how do ASR in the sports bar
Old 07-29-2015, 08:27 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,939

Dont have one licking his nuts?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg download.jpg (12.5 KB, 258 views)
Old 07-29-2015, 09:02 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
I bet you killed snakes , lizards, bees, whasp, mosquito

And did it bother you ?
To answer your question....if it is threatening me or my family.....then it is a dead SOB....caught many snakes and turn them loose to eat and scare the sh$t out of someone else....

Have you been on a wildlife conservation? Most of these animals are so tame they eat right out of your hand......like shooting fish in a barrel......great challenge and sport
Old 07-29-2015, 09:06 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
To answer your question....if it is threatening me or my family.....then it is a dead SOB....caught many snakes and turn them loose to eat and scare the sh$t out of someone else....

Have you been on a wildlife conservation? Most of these animals are so tame they eat right out of your hand......like shooting fish in a barrel......great challenge and sport
When I go deer hunting in Texas its the best thing ever !! I pour corn out and wait 10mins
Pick out deer !! Smoke it down and have sausage, backstrap, deer roast and it hurts my feeling 1 bit on how hard it was to kill it

But I believe every animal should have a fighting chance so before I pour my corn I write on the bag and stick it up around pile

If you eat this corn you might get shot !
Old 07-29-2015, 09:10 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
If it's true, I'm not sure I'm ok with the fact that this lion was part of a study and had a collar, and that the hunters/guides removed the collar which is illegal from what I understand.

It seems they may have lured the Lion off of the park/preserve/whatever and knew they did something wrong because they had various stories on where it was killed, plus the Zimbabwe police locked them up - apparently it wasn't as clear cut as it should have been.

I won't pass opinion until the facts are out on how it went down, if what they did was illegal and wasn't part of conservation then he deserves to be chastised.
Exactly Gooch.....that is the part I am have a hard time with...he was part of a research study,and trusted human....might not been someone pet...however he was very close....name and a collar......dam I am back on this thread again....

Last edited by Speck Attack; 07-29-2015 at 09:55 PM.
Old 07-29-2015, 09:15 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
When I go deer hunting in Texas its the best thing ever !! I pour corn out and wait 10mins
Pick out deer !! Smoke it down and have sausage, backstrap, deer roast and it hurts my feeling 1 bit on how hard it was to kill it

But I believe every animal should have a fighting chance so before I pour my corn I write on the bag and stick it up around pile

If you eat this corn you might get shot !

The point is you ate your kill..... Not skinned it and left the meat to go to waste...

Did they open the gate and let the deer out of the cage? Please tell me your hunting skills do not suck that bad....
Old 07-29-2015, 09:23 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Exactly Gooch.....that is the part I am have a hard time with...he was part of a research study,and trusted human....might not been someone....however he was very close....name and a collar......dam I am back on this thread again....
Who names a Freaken Lion ??? Really it's a damn Lion

Who cares ??? Why do Americas worry about the most stupidest **** ever imaginable ??

You ever killed a duck with a tag on it ? Or a fish with a tag on it ? Who cares dude paid 50k to shoot a Freaken Lion and he did

Why do we Judge people ?

30 people were murdered in Chicago this past weekend ! Worry about that stuff not a damn legal killed Animal from another damn country
Old 07-29-2015, 09:23 PM
Flounder

Cash: 499

[QUOTE=Matt G;765726]Did y'all see the poor guys Yelp page? Those idiots tore it up. Stupid comments like, "He uses the profits from his practice to kill animals." Well of course he does. It's money HE EARNED. He can do whatever the Hell he wants to with it. He can be using it to snort coke off of a hookers @$$ crack for all I care. More power to him.

^ this ^

Old 07-29-2015, 09:36 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

First of all, the kill was not legal. I believe that was established. No quota was set for lions in that district. I believe the PH even smashed the collar that was on the lion.

The dentist is getting the ****ty end of the deal. He did nothing wrong other than to trust a PH that was not on the up and up.

I have nothing against hunting big game like lions. Just something I will never do. Those nut job antis kill me, man. Don't have the first clue about the benefits of hunting to wildlife. If only those idiots realized that without hunters, THERE WOULD BE NO WILDLIFE!!
Old 07-29-2015, 10:11 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

ok here my .02$

ive hunted in africa , i have first hand seen what hunter dollars do for the community, for conservation , and for education . if there is no monetary value placed on "game" then the locals will either 1) hunt the animal into extinction or 2) try to kill very last animal off that is seen as competition to their cattle and sheep . one of the areas i hunted in africa was once farm land and nearly all of the native game was wiped out by farmers UNTIL hunter dollars ( primarily U.S. hunter dollars) was pumped into this area so fences could be removed , native wildlife re introduced and MANAGED . it is all about the management . just this one area has had easily 20-30,000,000.00 dollars put into it by an american , not including all the money generated by hunters once it was made huntable again. the outfit i hunted with has started a CHRISTIAN school that is FREE or cost very little to have local children their, i have seen the school first hand and have made financial commitments to provide a christian education to a local girl my wife and i have adopted ...again hunter dollars going back into the community . for all the people that say i only shoot what i eat , ok thats fine that is your choice but again i have first hand experience watching every part of EVERY animal i shot in africa get eaten / used and for the most part get used by someone who is living in poverty like you could never imagine. Generally when "trophy" hunting the hunter is seeking a large animal , usually the largest ( horned )animals animals are also the oldest . but hunters shooting the oldest ( usually the dominant male) they are actually helping allow newer , younger blood to breed .
Now to talk about the way this animal was hunted ... people are complaining saying it was lured out of a protected area , maybe so BUT 99% of lion hunts are hunts invloving baiting a lion to come in so you can kill it , did the hunter know it was lured in from a national park ? who knows. ive read that this guy paid 55,000.00 for this hunt , i also know he is an avid hunter , this amount of a trophy fee usually goes along with a free range lion hunt not a high fenced hunt ( which most of the lion hunts in africa are but the fenced hunts a usually cheaper ) . now the tracking collar , did the hunter see it before he shot? if so shame on him , but i can see how it would be hard to see as that lion has a massive mane . the mane also points to something else , free range lions do not look as "pretty" or full maned as cecil does , they generally have more scaring on their face / body and the manes are not as full UNLESS if they are raised in captivity . did the hunter know this? again who knows, all i can do is speak from my personal experiences .