SaltyCajun.com http://www.matrixshad.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 08-10-2009, 02:23 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,545
Default Left hand shooter question

Guys I've got a fever...and the only perscription is a Browning Maxus!!

12 gauge 3 1/2
26" barrel

My only deal is this...I shoot left handed. I have always shot a right handed shotgun (remington 1187)...never really had issues maybe powder in the face every once in a while. Does anyone know if Browning makes a left hand auto in any model or if they have to be ordered?? Never shot a left handed shotgun either...Does anyone have a lefty? If so is it better than a shooting a right hander??

Guess I may have to settle for the right hander in the end...but any opinions etc would be appreciated.

PS - Other obstacle at this point is convincing the wife it is a "neccessity"!!!
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 08-10-2009, 02:29 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,477

I'm left handed & have shot right handed autos all my life, could be the reason I'm deaf in my right ear! The percussion blows across my face & to my right ear! Never had a problem with it blowing in my face. Just loud in that right ear especially over a number of shots. I make a point to wear ear plugs in that right ear w/ an auto. Left handed models are harder to come by. Usually have to order them, & are normally a $100+ in price.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:49 PM
Banned

I too shoot left handed and I use a Benelli Super Black Eagle II. I love it.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:59 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Quote:
Yeah I've read where lefties were using those alot...
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 08-10-2009, 02:59 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 908

I don't know how particular you are about whether it's an automatic or a pump but Browning's BPS ejects out at the bottom so you can shoot either right or left handed. That's what I've been using for about 10 years now and I have zero complaints about it.
Old 08-10-2009, 03:05 PM
Redfish

Cash: 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsidelandry View Post
I don't know how particular you are about whether it's an automatic or a pump but Browning's BPS ejects out at the bottom so you can shoot either right or left handed. That's what I've been using for about 10 years now and I have zero complaints about it.

2X
Old 08-10-2009, 03:12 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Yeah...if I was a pump man that would be my route for sure...either that or an ithica...
Old 08-10-2009, 04:09 PM
Flounder

Cash: 608
Default Lefty

The only left handed auto's that I know of is the Benelli SBE or SBE II, which have already been mentioned. Remington makes a left handed 11-87. Benelli also makes the M2 Field and Montefeltro in left handed models.
Old 08-10-2009, 04:24 PM
Entering A World of Pain

I love my 1187...shoots great and has been through some crap...I just don't like how heavy they are...
Old 08-11-2009, 02:44 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Quote:
Do you shoot a left or right handed model???
Old 08-11-2009, 05:20 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 640

Quote:
Originally Posted by SULPHITE View Post
I love my 1187...shoots great and has been through some crap...I just don't like how heavy they are...
I'm right handed, but left eye dominant, so I'm shooting left handed too and have the same problem...I'm looking down the barrel and it's slowly going south... least you ain't got short arms...
Old 08-11-2009, 06:11 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by SULPHITE View Post
Guys I've got a fever...and the only perscription is a Browning Maxus!!

12 gauge 3 1/2
26" barrel

My only deal is this...I shoot left handed. I have always shot a right handed shotgun (remington 1187)...never really had issues maybe powder in the face every once in a while. Does anyone know if Browning makes a left hand auto in any model or if they have to be ordered?? Never shot a left handed shotgun either...Does anyone have a lefty? If so is it better than a shooting a right hander??

Guess I may have to settle for the right hander in the end...but any opinions etc would be appreciated.

PS - Other obstacle at this point is convincing the wife it is a "neccessity"!!!

Tell her it's for her and ask to borrow it. I shoot often and have always shot right handed weapons, no probs.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:18 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 640

it is a necessity to put meat in the freezer...you are just trying to ensure that your family don't go hungry... Is that one good? Will that work?