SaltyCajun.com http://www.budnmarys.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 12-17-2014, 10:09 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 792
Default federal duck stamp and lifetime license

Haven't duck hunted in awhile, but will be doing so this weekend. Question: years ago, it was a reg that duck stamps (fed and state) had to be affixed to your license, but haven't duck hunted since I got a lifetime license a few years ago. I know the La. state duck stamp is part of the lifetime license, but the federal one is not so I bought one today. I know I have to sign it, but does the fed duck stamp have to be affixed to the lifetime license? I'm guessing yes, but after a few years, gonna get kinda thick on my license. Just wondering
Old 12-17-2014, 10:25 PM
Redfish

Cash: 822

I get the hip permit which is free. It's also something you are supposed to have to hunt migratory birds in la. It's printed just like the regular licenses and I put the duck stamp on the back of this. Could go on the back of deer tags too which are free as well with a lifetime license.
Old 12-17-2014, 10:40 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 899

I just leave it on the card it comes on. I've been keeping the stamps for the past 20 years and the second year after I got my lifetime license I started keeping them on the card. You can get it off your lifetime license with a razor blade, but I see no point of putting it on there.
Old 12-18-2014, 06:06 AM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by kibb View Post
I just leave it on the card it comes on. I've been keeping the stamps for the past 20 years and the second year after I got my lifetime license I started keeping them on the card. You can get it off your lifetime license with a razor blade, but I see no point of putting it on there.
Do you sign your name across the stamp because I know that is required to be in compliance with the law? I get the HIP and deer tags every year, but I'm interested in knowing what the regs say about this concerning lifetime licenses. Think I'll call LDWF today to see what they say. I'll report back.
Old 12-18-2014, 06:24 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Yall got stamps this year? Mine was printed on the license sheet and I was told they don't hand them out anymore.

Sent
Old 12-18-2014, 06:31 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,455

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
Yall got stamps this year? Mine was printed on the license sheet and I was told they don't hand them out anymore.

Sent

You will get it in the mail a few weeks later.
Old 12-18-2014, 06:32 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,455

I just stick fed stamp on the back of my lifetime. Just stick a new one on top of old one.
Old 12-18-2014, 06:53 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,009

I keep mine on the card it comes on folded in my wallet. I don't affix it to the lifetime license.
Old 12-18-2014, 08:09 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 658

I have been in touch with LWFD years ago about this subject. You do not have to affix your stamp to anyting. Just make sure to sign the stamp and carry it with you.
Old 12-18-2014, 08:16 AM
Trophy Trout

^this
Old 12-18-2014, 08:25 AM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by cumgetusum View Post
I have been in touch with LWFD years ago about this subject. You do not have to affix your stamp to anyting. Just make sure to sign the stamp and carry it with you.

Pretty sure you don't even have to do that anymore, you just sign on your license where it says you purchased the stamp...

Sent
Old 12-18-2014, 09:29 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 10,192

Quote:

Sent
I was going to ask about this also. They said I would get it in the mail but it never showed up. If you look at the printed part on your license it says receipt valid for 45 days. Now if you bought one for teal season. That 45 days was up almost before big duck. Not sure what to do. Wish they would just give me the damn stamp when I paid for it and not made it a hassle.
Old 12-18-2014, 10:23 AM
Tripletail

Quote:
Pretty sure you don't even have to do that anymore, you just sign on your license where it says you purchased the stamp...

Sent
Just spoke to the local enforcement office and asked the warden if the fed duck stamp had to be affixed to the lifetime license. He said it "could" be affixed to the deer tag portion also. I didn't specifically ask him if it could just be carried on the card that it came with, but he did say that it had to be signed.
Old 12-18-2014, 03:07 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,468

When I picked up mine the guy behind the counter told me to put it on my hip permit. I just keep it on the card though.
Old 12-19-2014, 10:41 AM
Flounder

Cash: 624

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Chuck Duck View Post
I was going to ask about this also. They said I would get it in the mail but it never showed up. If you look at the printed part on your license it says receipt valid for 45 days. Now if you bought one for teal season. That 45 days was up almost before big duck. Not sure what to do. Wish they would just give me the damn stamp when I paid for it and not made it a hassle.
A quick google search turned up this:

Hunters: If you bought an E-Stamp and you have not yet received your physical Duck Stamp, you should call Amplex at 1-800-852-4897

Remember, the E-stamp was intended as a convenience to both the hunter and the retailer. Hunters can now get a federal duck stamp any time of the day or night, on their phone or computer, without having to find a location that is both open for business AND has duck stamps in stock. It has saved at least 2 hunters at the Sherburne South Farm lottery hunts this year. Just try to find a physical federal duck stamp at 4:30 in the morning. Retailers no longer have to worry if they buy too many or too few duck stamps to serve their customers.

Like all new programs, it's not without it's glitches. But conceptually, it's a great idea.
Old 12-19-2014, 11:08 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,245

All I do is sign the stamp and put it in my wallet. I have been checked several times and never had a problem.
Old 12-19-2014, 01:56 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,864
Hairout

pretty much sucks thought to have to pay nearly $6 in shipping and handling!

Why cant they put it in an envelope with a $00.46 stamp on it?
Old 12-19-2014, 02:57 PM
Swordfish

Default federal duck stamp and lifetime license

YOU DON'T HAVE TO HAVE THE PHYSICAL STAMP ANYMORE

Sent
Old 12-19-2014, 03:07 PM
Trophy Trout

FYI for those wanting a physical stamp. I get mine from the post office every year. Never had a problem getting them.
Old 12-19-2014, 05:29 PM
Flounder

Cash: 624

Quote:
YOU DON'T HAVE TO HAVE THE PHYSICAL STAMP ANYMORE
Only for the first 45 days after you buy the e duck stamp printed on your license. After that, you need the real thing.