SaltyCajun.com http://www.angler-products.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hobby Forums > The Roux (Cooking/BBQ/Recipes)

The Roux (Cooking/BBQ/Recipes) What good is a cajun site without a cooking and recipe forum?

Old 08-30-2014, 12:02 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,335
Default Warm Biscuits and Fresh Honey

Well, the sky has opened up and it's seriously raining here now! Something about this weather here this morning made me hungry for some fresh warm biscuits.
So about an hour ago I decided to make a batch of some quick and easy biscuit dough and made 'em drop style.

Into the hot oven and about twelve minutes later Mmmmmm........................!!!!

I quickly brushed them with a lil butter to well, you know, make 'em even more delicious!

Then I carefully cut a couple open and buttered them and then drizzled on some FRESH Labeeman's honey.

I'll have to stop here for a moment................. There now! Here's one last picture for you.

Ohhhh..... man! That honey is awesomely delicious!!!!! The only thing I have left to say about this is that if you didn't have this today, you really missed out big time. I might have to go and have a couple more!!!!!!!!
Old 08-30-2014, 12:03 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Looks good, I had close tot he same thing earlier!

What's your quick and easy recipe?
Old 08-30-2014, 02:18 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 834

Recipe. I like biscuits.
Old 08-30-2014, 03:42 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,364

looks good, but i'd rather mash a couple pads of butter up in some cane syrup and smear it on those good lookin biscuits!
Old 08-30-2014, 07:01 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 836

Quote:
Originally Posted by smooth move View Post
looks good, but i'd rather mash a couple pads of butter up in some cane syrup and smear it on those good lookin biscuits!

Cane syrup=goodness!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-30-2014, 07:52 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
Originally Posted by smooth move View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovestohunt View Post
Cane syrup=goodness!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It should be mandated in the state of South Louisiana! My boys went to their grandmother's house and couldn't figure out what was up with her pancakes, the told us they were nasty. Poor things only know Steen's
Old 08-31-2014, 07:22 AM
Redfish

Cash: 1,202

I have a hard time getting my biscuits to brown.
They are cooked,but pale?
Old 08-31-2014, 08:57 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,335
BigGrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulox86 View Post
Recipe. I like biscuits.
Here you go! These were King Arthur Flour Never Fail Biscuits

I will tell you that I didn't follow the tiny scoop idea they have. I used like a four oz. server scoop and they did require a little morre time to bake but they are good and tender. You may also need to use more heavy whipping cream. I doubled the recipe for the bigger biscuits.

Using either honey or Louisiana cane syrup(which I also do)or some good fig preserves or Louisiana Mayhaw jelly it's ALL good!!!!

Tips from our bakers
  • Pat the dough 3/4" thick and cut biscuits with a cutter, if desired.
  • For larger biscuits, simply scoop the dough into 1 1/2-ounce balls, to make 8 biscuits; or 2-ounce balls, to make 6. Bake the larger biscuits a minute or so longer, or until they're baked all the way through.
  • This recipe is ridiculously easy to scale up (or down). Simply use equal amounts of flour and heavy cream, by weight; each biscuit uses about 1 ounce of dough. So if you use, say, 4 ounces of flour and 4 ounces of cream, you'll make 8 biscuits. Or 12 ounces (3 cups) of flour, 12 ounces (1 1/2 cups) of cream — 24 biscuits.
  • Feel free to stir the additions of your choice into the dough. Berries, cheese cubes, crumbled bacon or diced ham, chopped scallions, chocolate chips, dried fruit... use your imagination!
  • To make now, serve later, place shaped/unbaked biscuits close together on a small baking sheet; place the sheet in the freezer, and freeze until solid. Transfer the biscuits to an airtight container (plastic bag, etc.) When you're ready to serve, there's no need to thaw the biscuits; remove them from the freezer and bake as directed above, adding a few minutes to the baking time.
Directions

see this recipe's blog »
1) Preheat the oven to 450°F, with a rack in the top third.
2) Mix the flour and cream until smooth and cohesive.
3) Scoop 1-ounce balls of dough onto an ungreased or parchment-lined baking sheet; a tablespoon cookie scoop works well here. Leave a couple of inches between them.
4) Brush the tops of the biscuits with cream, milk, or water; this will help them rise.
5) Bake the biscuits for 10 minutes, until they're light golden brown on top, and baked all the way through; break one open to make sure.
6) Remove the biscuits from the oven, and serve warm, or at room temperature. Store, well-wrapped, at room temperature for several days; freeze for longer storage.
Yield: 12 biscuits.